What an effing disaster... I need a new PJ album and tour

Comments

• Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    PJ_Soul said:

Noload said:

tbergs said:

D-Rod said:

I hate to laugh at my American Jamily but the funnest thing about election night was when the Canadian Immigration site crashed shortly after the results came in.

It's sad, so many would bail when things don't go how they want.
    All bluster..they arent going anywhere.
    I have actually spoken face to face with a couple of Americans who will go for it, and they have full understanding of what it takes to do it.
    It sure isn't an easy process though, unless you have some special qualifier. I work with an Irishman who is currently going through the process, and holy fucking hell, we sure don't make it easy. So many hoops, so many technicalities to struggle with. However, it is doable. My dad is an immigrant, but he came from the UK, and it was back in the 60s, so it took almost nothing for him. Times have changed, and America isn't a member of the Commonwealth. Too bad. I personally feel very welcoming towards any American who wants that change is is willing to do the work that's required. I like (sane and kind) Americans very much. They tend to have an energy about them that is appealing. :)
    Always free to leave. Lets just tag them so they cant back in for the RR HOF preformance.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    The results of the election brings to mind a story about Bruce Springsteen and the days following 9/11...

In the days following 9/11, Bruce Springsteen was in Rumson (NJ) when an unidentified driver yelled at him.

“Bruce, we need you now.”

The Boss responded with “The Rising” in 2002, an album that articulated the country’s hopes, fears, anger, sorrow and confusion

So let me say... Eddie, we need you now!

app.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/09/09/bruce-springsteen-and-911-we-need-you-now/90111446/

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

Trump is no gem, but Hillary is a POS. This was an election of who the voter disliked the least. No one should be proud of Hillary. People are more upset about their party losing, than the person. This was a lose/lose situation regardless.

The good news is that the governor of North Carolina (HB2) has been voted out.

The bad news? The vice-president elect believes that GLBT persons can be converted. Talk about nutjobbery at its finest.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Noload said:

PJ_Soul said:

Noload said:

tbergs said:

D-Rod said:

I hate to laugh at my American Jamily but the funnest thing about election night was when the Canadian Immigration site crashed shortly after the results came in.

I have actually spoken face to face with a couple of Americans who will go for it, and they have full understanding of what it takes to do it.
    It sure isn't an easy process though, unless you have some special qualifier. I work with an Irishman who is currently going through the process, and holy fucking hell, we sure don't make it easy. So many hoops, so many technicalities to struggle with. However, it is doable. My dad is an immigrant, but he came from the UK, and it was back in the 60s, so it took almost nothing for him. Times have changed, and America isn't a member of the Commonwealth. Too bad. I personally feel very welcoming towards any American who wants that change is is willing to do the work that's required. I like (sane and kind) Americans very much. They tend to have an energy about them that is appealing. :)
    Always free to leave. Lets just tag them so they cant back in for the RR HOF preformance.
    Yikes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    I think the single on the next album should be called Hostage Country.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,230
    They need to express the anger, but the album has to be about resolve and progress.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82

Trump is no gem, but Hillary is a POS. This was an election of who the voter disliked the least. No one should be proud of Hillary. People are more upset about their party losing, than the person. This was a lose/lose situation regardless.

Hillary is flawed, yes, but no POS. Every candidate is flawed. Trump is far worse. For those who saw these two as different sides of the same coin, you're either blinded by partisanship or intellectually lazy.
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    gnaztee said:

Hillary is flawed, yes, but no POS. Every candidate is flawed. Trump is far worse. For those who saw these two as different sides of the same coin, you're either blinded by partisanship or intellectually lazy.
  • Options
    gnaztee said:

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    gnaztee said:

5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Moderation (and tolerance) is the key and that doesn't exist in politics these days. In today's political climate elections equate to a college final exam consisting of only true/false answers. Here's to elections with essay questions going forward...
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Post edited by Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayh on
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    markhammmarkhamm i come from the mountain Posts: 79
    BK221359 said:

Moderation (and tolerance) is the key and that doesn't exist in politics these days. In today's political climate elections equate to a college final exam consisting of only true/false answers. Here's to elections with essay questions going forward...

What a great way to put it.
    Never has gravity been so uplifting.
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    I find it hard to believe that I'm the only trump voter in here who loves Pearl Jam, where is everyone? Our guy is in, we did it, no need to hide anymore.
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    Looking forward to angry music making an all around comeback.
    This will only take a while
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Paul-Jam said:

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only trump voter in here who loves Pearl Jam, where is everyone? Our guy is in, we did it, no need to hide anymore.

Ha..we, i mean they are around. #inhiding #ihaveagood10clubnumber
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Noload said:

Paul-Jam said:

So true.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    Noload said:

Paul-Jam said:

I knew it ! HAHA

2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Noload said:

tbergs said:

D-Rod said:

Pass
    This will only take a while
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Paul-Jam said:

I'm thinking that your Trump buddies are hanging out in AMT.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    So much for an experimental album I hoped for. This will be another angry rocker when it comes out ;)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,230
    deadendp said:

Paul-Jam said:

I'm thinking that your Trump buddies are hanging out in AMT.
    Yep, plenty of lively discussions going on with something for everyone no matter who you support :)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Paul-Jam said:

"Your guy" is in for sure... 60 million people just voted for The Apprentice as leader of the free world... nice job

I'm voting for Hulk Hogan in 2020
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    my2hands said:

Paul-Jam said:

"Your guy" is in for sure... 60 million people just voted for The Apprentice as leader of the free world... nice job

I'm voting for The Rock... he's got more twitter followers.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    armyfanarmyfan Posts: 342
    How bout we all relax, give it some time, and see what happens??? We all know what happens when we assume, dont we?? I can certainly say as a government employee, ive seen a lot of my co-workers get let go due to lack of funds the past 8 years. They could care less about an angry or happy eddie, they would like a paycheck for their families every other week. And as for me, id like too see army beat navy!! But im a selfish jerk!!
  • Options
    on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Paul-Jam said:

I'm voting for The Rock... he's got more twitter followers.
    But Hulk Hogan will say it how it is!!!
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Paul-Jam said:

• Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    armyfan said:

How bout we all relax, give it some time, and see what happens??? We all know what happens when we assume, dont we?? I can certainly say as a government employee, ive seen a lot of my co-workers get let go due to lack of funds the past 8 years. They could care less about an angry or happy eddie, they would like a paycheck for their families every other week. And as for me, id like too see army beat navy!! But im a selfish jerk!!

Don't need to assume much. Go read Trump's plan for the first 100 days. Excepting pie-in-the-sky items that will get shut down by the legislature (term limits) you're left with a pretty aggressive policy that reverses much of our social, technical and environmental progress.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Noload said:

PJ_Soul said:

Noload said:

tbergs said:

D-Rod said:

brilliant idea. i say brand them with a maple leaf on their foreheads.
  • Options
    A Moving Train...