2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Brutal, just brutal!
    I kind of want them to lose the rest of their games at this point. Hopefully heads will roll and we can get a good draft pick.
    Honestly, I think there are a handful of college teams that could put up 20 points against our defense.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mca47 said:

Brutal, just brutal!
    I kind of want them to lose the rest of their games at this point. Hopefully heads will roll and we can get a good draft pick.
    Honestly, I think there are a handful of college teams that could put up 20 points against our defense.

But you know they won't. They'll get some guys back healthy on D, Cutler will come back and they'll win like 5-6 games an get another draft pick in the 8-12 range. So depressing that this season is already a complete disaster after 3 games.

mca47 said:

Brutal, just brutal!

But you know they won't. They'll get some guys back healthy on D, Cutler will come back and they'll win like 5-6 games an get another draft pick in the 8-12 range. So depressing that this season is already a complete disaster after 3 games.
    Yeah, that is EXACTLY what I expect to happen. Mid round pick and once again missing out on any QBs or studs on offense....
    What's really cool is last week, when they promoted Barkley to the team from the practice squad...they were interviewing him and he kept going on about (and i'm not quoting exactly here) "How easy this offense is to learn/digest and how basic it is" where he felt that he "could play tomorrow if he had to".
    A conservative and predictable offense and 3rd stringers starting on defense...never a good combo.
  • So my bride and I will be heading to Soldier Field this Sunday, for our 1st regular season game.
    I'm thinking....
    Lions 35
    Bears 7

But that's ok. We are going to have a blast, then go out for a kick ass dinner after the game. Bring on the Prime Rib and Lobster!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

So my bride and I will be heading to Soldier Field this Sunday, for our 1st regular season game.
    I'm thinking....
    Lions 35
    Bears 7

But that's ok. We are going to have a blast, then go out for a kick ass dinner after the game. Bring on the Prime Rib and Lobster!

Awesome! Have fun man!
    Nice to finally get a win the other day, but that was a brutal game to watch. Both of those teams suck.
    And now Kevin White going on IR with high ankle sprain and fractured fibula. It just keeps getting better!!
  • And now Kevin White going on IR with high ankle sprain and fractured fibula. It just keeps getting better!!

Wasted draft pick.

Imagine that?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

And now Kevin White going on IR with high ankle sprain and fractured fibula. It just keeps getting better!!

Yeah, dude is frail.
    Who ISN'T injured on the Bears right now?
    Ugh!

Wasted draft pick.

Imagine that?

I was hoping I'd be proved wrong, but the comments on White coming out of college were basically this:
    Fast running, ok hands, drops a lot of the easy balls, un-established route runner.

We got exactly that from him. Dropped balls, running wrong and poor routes. What I never saw though was the speed. Never once saw him run past anyone or create separation. So I guess the draft report was mostly right...
    mca47 said:

Wasted draft pick.

Imagine that?

I was hoping I'd be proved wrong, but the comments on White coming out of college were basically this:
    Fast running, ok hands, drops a lot of the easy balls, un-established route runner.

We got exactly that from him. Dropped balls, running wrong and poor routes. What I never saw though was the speed. Never once saw him run past anyone or create separation. So I guess the draft report was mostly right...
    He did seem to be showing something the past couple games.....just brutal that he has another serious injury. But definitely agree that this blazing speed we heard about with this guy was nowhere to be seen.

mca47 said:

Wasted draft pick.

Imagine that?

He did seem to be showing something the past couple games.....just brutal that he has another serious injury. But definitely agree that this blazing speed we heard about with this guy was nowhere to be seen.
    Heard a couple of people say that they didn't see his college speed at all, in training camp or during games. I wonder if he never fully got "back" after fracturing his shin last year.
    A real battle of shitty teams coming up on Sunday with Bears-Colts! I'm making the short trip out to Indy for the game for my annual Bears trip this year.. Should be a ton of Bears fans since it's so close to Chicago. Both teams suck, but it's always fun to see the Bears on the road.

Bears 27
    Colts 17

A real battle of shitty teams coming up on Sunday with Bears-Colts! I'm making the short trip out to Indy for the game for my annual Bears trip this year.. Should be a ton of Bears fans since it's so close to Chicago. Both teams suck, but it's always fun to see the Bears on the road.

Bears 27
    Colts 17

You have a good time despite yet another loss?
    mca47 said:

Bears 27
    Colts 17

Great time. Indy is a lot of fun. And Lucas Oil Stadium is beautiful.....so much better than that shtihole stadium we have in Chicago.

Of course the Bears have over 500 yards of offense and still lose. Conor Barth sucks.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Ever go to a game in the old soldier field?

They should have done what Green Bay did with Lambeau Field expansion and just added a ring of suites above the original layout and improve the concourse instead of turning it into a UFO.
    Jason P said:

Ever go to a game in the old soldier field?

They should have done what Green Bay did with Lambeau Field expansion and just added a ring of suites above the original layout and improve the concourse instead of turning it into a UFO.

I was there a couple times when I was younger. But yeah, they really fucked it up when the remodeled it. Bathrooms/concessions/parking are all a giant pain in the ass. And getting in/out of there is a disaster.

mca47 said:

Bears 27
    Colts 17

Great time. Indy is a lot of fun. And Lucas Oil Stadium is beautiful.....so much better than that shtihole stadium we have in Chicago.

Of course the Bears have over 500 yards of offense and still lose. Conor Barth sucks.
    Yeah, anytime a team puts up over 500 yards, they should have at least 40 points on the board. Ugh!
    This team is a joke!

Well, glad you had a good time!
    What a terrible game between 2 terrible teams. This shit is hard to watch.
    Absolutely pathetic. This team is a fucking disaster.
    Nice of the Bears to finally show up in week 8. D-line has been awesome all night.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    NFL is better when Bears are relevant.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

NFL is better when Bears are relevant.

Not a Bears fan, but I agree.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Nice of the Bears to finally show up in week 8. D-line has been awesome all night.

Yeah, a win is nice from time to time! After the bye, the Bears have a pretty easy schedule.
    It was nice to see a Bears defense put pressure on an opposing QB, though the Vikings O-line is probably just as bad as the Bears.

Man, Jeffery looked awful in the first half! Just awful! A guy who wants top 5 money, doesn't attempt at a ball in the endzone, gets hit in the helmet on a 35 yard pass right on the money, then takes one off of his facemask in the endzone that should have been 6. Ugh!
    Howard continues to impress and it was good to see #6 back in there and opening up the field.
    LOL. Nice effort out there yesterday.
    That was hard to watch.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Jeffery suspended 4 games for PED use..this team and orginazation is a disgrace
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Wma31394 said:

He must have found Pepper's old stash
    Wma31394 said:

LOL. Sounds like Kyle Long is out for the year too. What a fucking disaster.
    One thing after another.