Roger Waters Us & Them Tour

Crazy to have to buy a ticket for a show that is a year away but that's nit picking
Amex presale on now. Not to be missed IMO.
http://rogerwaters.com

May 26 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
May 28 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
May 30 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
Jun 1 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
Jun 3 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Jun 7 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose
Jun 12 Sacramento, CA Golden 1 Center
Jun 14 Phoenix, AZ Gila River Arena
Jun 16 Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena
Jun 20 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center
Jun 21 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center
Jun 24 Seattle, WA Tacoma Dome
Jul 3 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
Jul 6 Houston, TX Toyota Center
Jul 11 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena
Jul 13 Miami, FL AmericanAirlines Arena
Jul 16 Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena
Jul 18 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
Jul 20 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
Jul 22 Chicago, IL United Cente
Jul 23 Chicago, IL United Center
Jul 26 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Aug 2 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills
Aug 4 Washington, DC Verizon Center
Aug 8 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Aug 9 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Cente
Sep 7 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
Sep 11 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
Sep 12 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
Sep 15 Uniondale, NY The New Coliseum
Sep 19 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena
Sep 27 Boston, MA TD Garden
Sep 28 Boston, MA TD Garden
Oct 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Oct 3 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Oct 6 Quebec City, QC Videotron Centre
Oct 10 Ottawa, ON Canadian Tire Centre
Oct 16 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Oct 24 Edmonton, AB Rogers Place
Oct 28 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

Comments

• Seen him on the Dark Side tour and The Wall (2X).

Great shows. The Dark Side tour was awesome.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I've seen a few of his shows the past 10 years or so and they're fantastic!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    His set the first weekend of Desert Trip blew me away. All Pink Floyd music and all of Animals except sheep. Quad sound x100. All new illustrations, video and special effects based on original themes. Those two chicks signing backup were incredible. The Greatest Gig in the Sky was something special. One singer held a note for so long it didn't seem like she was ever going to stop. Very operatic sounding. The older PF songs he chose to play like Set the Controls and Fearless were a surprise and a delight. Really enjoyed this. Wanted more.

The new tour will be a different set with new music. I recommend center floor seats to take it all in.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    if you can afford it, DO NOT MISS Roger Waters! Who knows how many tours he has left in him? Go see him while you can. I saw the last couple of tours and they were some of the best shows I've ever seen!
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    I will be on my computer Friday am for the Bostin show. Last time around was awesome.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    mr bungle said:

if you can afford it, DO NOT MISS Roger Waters!

I totally agree with this, but DAMN are the tickets expensive!!!

I saw the Wall on his last time through the Twin Cities. Great show, mind blown. It was also the most cash I've ever dropped on a ticket. Something like $180.

I looked at tickets available through the Citi presale. Holy shit!!! Two tickets in the 7th row of the of the upper deck, in the far corner of the venue would have been almost $250 with fees. Too much for this cat.
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    edwho said:

Those two chicks signing backup were incredible. The Greatest Gig in the Sky was something special. One singer held a note for so long it didn't seem like she was ever going to stop. Very operatic sounding.

Lucius are an amazing band in their own right. I was fortunate to be introduced to their music at Solid Sound 2013 (otherwise they'd be off my radar) and I have been going to their shows ever since.

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Just got my ticket :grin: First section next to the floor in the lower level, 2nd row!
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I love Floyd and have been lucky to see them live and also Waters solo, but $300 for floor, lower and even mid-level bowl are ridiculous prices. I think I'll pass on this, as much as it pains me.
    NYPJ
  • i paid lower level 10 rows up from the floor dead ctr straight back from the stage for the FULL effect. price <$170 including fees
    upper level straight on $100/ticket including fees
    saying tickets are expensive only applies to what you are personally willing to pay and/or can afford. for us older kats who are the same age as ev these are worth every penny++ and not expensive
    i have never needed to sit up close for roger's shows. the full effect is farther back

i paid lower level 10 rows up from the floor dead ctr straight back from the stage for the FULL effect. price <$170 including fees
    upper level straight on $100/ticket including fees
    saying tickets are expensive only applies to what you are personally willing to pay and/or can afford. for us older kats who are the same age as ev these are worth every penny++ and not expensive
    i have never needed to sit up close for roger's shows. the full effect is farther back </p>

That's the only thing I was kind of worried about with my seat, not getting the full effect of the show.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm playing the waiting game. If I pay over $250 per ticket I want within the first 10 rows and somewhat centre. The closest I pulled was 19th row centre on the floor. I pulled closer but off to the side.

Public sale is tomorrow. I'll keep trying or buy on the secondary market closer to the show. I have a feeling tix on the secondary market will go for less than face closer to the show.

There will likely be some rollovers as well.
    I'm really excited for this show. I just hate that it's 7 months away for me... A year for some of you
  • Red Lukin said:

I'm playing the waiting game. If I pay over $250 per ticket I want within the first 10 rows and somewhat centre. The closest I pulled was 19th row centre on the floor. I pulled closer but off to the side.

Public sale is tomorrow. I'll keep trying or buy on the secondary market closer to the show. I have a feeling tix on the secondary market will go for less than face closer to the show.

There will likely be some rollovers as well.

Same deal here. I pulled centre floors row 18 and threw them back. My wife wanted to pull the trigger but I reminded her how many times we've scored amazing seats a few days before the show. I agree with a previous poster, that you don't want to be too close, but I wouldn't want to be more than 14 to 15 rows back. I think the sweet spot for a Roger Waters show is the row 9 to 12 zone. This way you're close enough to get that energy and buzz from the musicians, and far enough back to get all the visuals.

Good luck in the public sale tomorrow!

So true - I agree with Floyd type shows you don't nee to be close to have a good time. I saw the DSOTM show and The Wall at the Skydome from the 500 section and it was great for the price. It felt like a football field away from the stage but pretty cool and the tix were probably like $50.

I also saw The Wall from like 10 rows from the stage at a hockey arena and wow was it incredible. I also had a good buzz so it made for an extra spectacular show!
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    who has a code for brooklyn
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Saw him about 10 years ago. Great time.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    For passwords try thewall and darkside
  • Darkside worked for Chicago.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    rssesq said:

who has a code for brooklyn

THEWALL or ANIMALS
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    Got my pairs for the Chicago shows
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

Red Lukin said:

For passwords try thewall and darkside

Thank you so much.. darkside worked for Vegas!! I don't have to deal with public onsale tomorrow, Cheers
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Got tickets for Vancouver...now the wait for over a year
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • I apologize for going off topic but I'm looking forward to seeing Roger at the Bridge School Benefit today.
    12/31/1991 07/18/1992 11/04/1995 11/19/1997 10/31/1999 06/01/2003 07/18/2006 11/26/2013 10/26/2014
    In for both Boston shows! Hopefully I don't die in the next 11 months.

Post of the year!
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    FIXED. lol

In for both Boston shows! Hopefully Mossad doesn't get to Roger in the next 11 months.

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    edited October 2016
    rssesq said:

FIXED. lol

In for both Boston shows! Hopefully Mossad doesn't get to Roger in the next 11 months.

I don't see what's remotely funny about this - you seem to have a bizarre and unhealthy Israeli obsession, such that you felt the need to link a Roger Waters show with an unprecedented Israeli assassination attempt on his life. This is hateful as well as completely idiotic, and not at all grounded in reality.

On a lighter (and actually relevant) topic, I'm super excited to see Waters again - I was second row during The Wall tour, and still remember the force that wall exerted on the air when it came down! As long as Animals and Wish You Were Here are well-represented, I'll be damn happy.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    mr bungle said:

Post of the year!
    https://youtu.be/0YAcoDkj_dI
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    still don't know what was wrong with my brain that I opted out of seeing The Wall. Saw Dark Side, and it was amazing.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD