Kaepernick

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    my2hands said:

JC29856 said:
    And a good example of white privilege.
    Dude, you have white privilege on the brain... do you wake up every day and apologize for being white? lol
    No, I think Go Beavers has already made it clear that he doesn't apologize for being white.

And you don't see the problem with someone automatically assuming that a black woman can't be an "actual physician"?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

JC29856 said:
    Dude, you have white privilege on the brain... do you wake up every day and apologize for being white? lol
    No, I think Go Beavers has already made it clear that he doesn't apologize for being white.

And you don't see the problem with someone automatically assuming that a black woman can't be an "actual physician"?
    My comment has nothing to do with the article, didn't read it... I just noticed he must post "white privilege" every 4-5 posts...

No big deal
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited October 2016
    Well, it is a thread about racism and protest, so the term may come up more often than in the "What are you drinking right now?" thread.
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    my2hands said:

JC29856 said:
    Just pointing it out in a story about prejudice. In a thread about racism.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    keep it classy, buffalo.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i just watched a video of a bunch of patriots fans looking at a dummy that looked like kaepernick and they were all chanting "tackle the muslim" over and over until some woman obliged. jesus.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• i just watched a video of a bunch of patriots fans looking at a dummy that looked like kaepernick and they were all chanting "tackle the muslim" over and over until some woman obliged. jesus.

Link?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

i just watched a video of a bunch of patriots fans looking at a dummy that looked like kaepernick and they were all chanting "tackle the muslim" over and over until some woman obliged. jesus.

I think that's Bill's fans not patriots
    JC29856 said:

I think that's Bill's fans not patriots
    sorry. you are correct.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Link?
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tackle+the+muslim&view=detail&mid=6FB77EF239C6A94207156FB77EF239C6A9420715&FORM=VIRE
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

news flash: we have a whole bunch of dumbfucks in our country.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    fucking sad, actually.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

fucking sad, actually.

In a way yes.
    So do we all.
    The USA have always, always, always pronounced that they are the best country in the world.
    This election has americans thinking.
    I wonder why?
    edited October 2016
    Nope
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    edited October 2016
    Nope
    edited October 2016
    More
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

just read he left the team/fired....true ? if so what a surprise ! and good luck finding another team....at least until this mess clears up and he realizes where his money comes from.

Godfather.

false.

he wasn't protesting his team or his sport. this has zero to do with him "realizing where his money comes from".
    but he used his team, it's media time and position to protest and if he doesn't realize where his money comes from he's not a very smart man. he's costing the NFL money, remember what NFL stands for ? "Not For Long" if you don't fly straight, people see enough of that crap on the news and don't watch football to see some yahoo do it during their favorite sport.

Godfather.

6th year in the league which is longer than 90% of nfl players and starting this weekend so...
    think he'll get 7 ?...I doubt it.

Godfather.

just read he left the team/fired....true ? if so what a surprise ! and good luck finding another team....at least until this mess clears up and he realizes where his money comes from.

Godfather.

false.
    he wasn't protesting his team or his sport. this has zero to do with him "realizing where his money comes from".
    but he used his team, it's media time and position to protest and if he doesn't realize where his money comes from he's not a very smart man. he's costing the NFL money, remember what NFL stands for ? "Not For Long" if you don't fly straight, people see enough of that crap on the news and don't watch football to see some yahoo do it during their favorite sport.
    Godfather.
    This is a pretty decent analogy.
    It's akin to fans not liking EV talking politics between songs.
    It kinda interrupts the rhythm.
    i didn't see any analogy from GF.
    go ahead and guess, some folks here usually do.

Godfather.

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

I think some just maybe are confused as to what an analogy is.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

Yup he'll get a 7th year, this may surprprise you, most of the NFL is about winning, fact is he's an experienced QB ... so if San Francisco releases him, he"ll find a team. By the way he's not a a distraction, most of the time tv doesn't show the national anthem and other than here I haven't heard his name mentioned much other than he got the start at Buffalo.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

Yup he'll get a 7th year, this may surprprise you, most of the NFL is about winning, fact is he's an experienced QB ... so if San Francisco releases him, he"ll find a team. By the way he's not a a distraction, most of the time tv doesn't show the national anthem and other than here I haven't heard his name mentioned much other than he got the start at Buffalo.
    LOL! I lived in San Diego all my life I know the Chargers never seemed worried about winning ! but I could believe that he'd get a 7th
    but my redneck way of thinking says don't believe it LOL !!!

Godfather

lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

LOL! I lived in San Diego all my life I know the Chargers never seemed worried about winning ! but I could believe that he'd get a 7th

Godfather

As you might have noticed I said most NFL teams want to win.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Kap is done after this year unless he shows major improvements. He was good at the zone read but that fad is done.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I don't know. There are 32 NFL teams but only like 10 good QB's every year. As recently as a few years ago Kap was one of them. Gotta believe some desperate GM somewhere will give him another shot.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

That's why most teams have no interest in him.

Buffalo players were laughing at him the last game.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

He'll be in the NFL next year, like I said he's experienced, some team will need an experienced backup

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

I bet that hurt his feelwings.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I guess he still has a chance to go to Cleveland and add his name to the roster of sadness.

Do not follow this link if you are a Brown's fan ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_starting_quarterbacks
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jason P said:

I guess he still has a chance to go to Cleveland and add his name to the roster of sadness.

Do not follow this link if you are a Brown's fan ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_starting_quarterbacks

Think Brown's fans will gladly trade that disaster for their other two teams, right about now.
  • JC29856 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

false.
    Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

I bet that hurt his feelwings.
    You're acting kind of weird.

To the rest of the current discussion... Kap will be in the league next year, but that's not saying much. He'll always be known as the guy who protested in the national anthem. If not, he'll be known as the guy with the most ridiculous hair ever. He'll never be known as a great NFL quarterback... better yet... even as a decent NFL quarterback.
    "My brain's a good brain!"