Custom Poly Sleeves for Vault Vinyls/New pix of super box set sleeves!!

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    You rock! :rock_on:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2016
    Got the custom sleeves already, and I just paid for them yesterday I think, so that's beyond outstanding (we do both live in BC)! And the sleeves fit like a glove, for the 2 disc vault, the 3 disc vaults, and No Code, all labelled for clarity. Thanks dude, you should start a legit custom vinyl sleeve business. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ^ Good to hear, just sent payment for mine.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • BrothermoonBrothermoon West Kelowna, BC, Canada Posts: 475
    Thanks for the shout out PJ_Soul! Hopefully some of the folks south of the border start seeing them soon.

just did these ones up this morning...
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Those are AWESOME...
    I'll take one for each Super Deluxe boxset!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Still out of town, man. I'll definitely let you know when I pick them up from the post office once I'm back in Portland.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Still out of town, man. I'll definitely let you know when I pick them up from the post office once I'm back in Portland.

Sounds good! Safe Travels.
    I wonder if anybody would mind taking measurements of their Benny box set, preferably in centimetres, and pm'ing me, or posting it here. I've had a couple people ask about sleeves for those. Unfortunately I don't have that one. I opted for the CD, talk about regret. Thanks guys!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Actually benaroya is one of the boxsets I have that I found good sleeves for. I can't remember where I bought them, but they were double size sleeves, so they fit boxes like benaroya, springsteen live 75-85, soundgarden echo of miles, metallica through the never, perfectly :)
    Dimensions received! Thanks!
    I'm thinking $3 per sleeve for the super deluxe box set sleeves. What do you guys think. I've also got the Benny sleeves sorted now. I don't have a Benny so if somebody wants to send me there's, just so I can know for certain... ;)
    Damn Brother, mark me down for a Benny Sleeve too.
  • skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    Is poly vapor barrier the same material, chemically, as poly record sleeves? Curious if there would be any issues with jacket discoloration with long term use. Similar to the difference between regular mat board and acid free mat board for framing posters.

Is poly vapor barrier the same material, chemically, as poly record sleeves? Curious if there would be any issues with jacket discoloration with long term use. Similar to the difference between regular mat board and acid free mat board for framing posters.

To the best of my knowledge, it's just low density polyethylene, and extruded to specific thickness. I have no research or data in regards to its long term discolouration or exposure sensitivities. I know the LDPE we use in the orthotic industry does not discolour. It's far thicker than vapor barrier though. Anyhoo, I'm pretty cool with putting my records in it. Thanks eh!
    Heard from 2 more people who received their sleeves today. Both were well pleased. One from the US, so that's good, they're starting to land south of the border now. I'm still working on filling several requests, so thanks everyone who has asked for some, and is waiting patiently. Much appreciated.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    @brothermoon is the man - this is such a great above and beyond thing you're doing...!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I received my sleeves yesterday and they are pretty awesome! It's pretty robust (thick material) and it fits the records perfectly. It's so much easier to pull out the vinyl than the double sleeve wrapped thing I had going on before. Brothermoon rocks!
    edited October 2016
    Just a heads up to anyone who is looking for a bigger amount of these, I found out tonight that once a package is over 500 grams, it costs about $17 CAD to ship to the US. There was 12 sleeves in the package that exceeded 500 grams, so it'll be about $14 US to ship a dozen or more sleeves. That was the most I've shipped so far. Hope that's ok with everyone.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Dude...these sleeves are great!!! The box set ones are perfect & so are the Vault sleeves. Great work, man!!!! Thanks again!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Dude...these sleeves are great!!! The box set ones are perfect & so are the Vault sleeves. Great work, man!!!! Thanks again!

Awesome! Glad they made it to you safe and sound. Cheers!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Holy balls, I need to get in on this. Please let me know when you are accepting new requests! I'd need all the vaults, the box sets, benny, pretty much all of them. Sorry if I'm missed it but are you making no code ones?

(Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but the benny and box set sleeves put this deal over the edge for me :))
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Got my set of sleeves in the mail today...
    these things are GREAT!!!

They are really sturdy and I'm so happy to have this extra protection for my Vault vinyl collection...
    THANKS so much for making these for us!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Very cool of you to do this :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited October 2016
    Just want to keep everyone up to date on my progress. Sending sleeves out tonight to HesCalledDyer, and PJ-Cubs. Now working on sleeves for LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan, on deck Is earthquakes making waves, and in the hole, RobbyD462. I haven't looked too much further ahead than that. Thanks for your patience everyone who is waiting.
    Post edited by Brothermoon on
    I have just been defaulting to the cheapest form of shipping via Canada Post, which unfortunately, when shipping to the US, does not provide any tracking. I have no problem shipping as Tracked Packet if anyone wants tracking. It's easy enough to get a fairly accurate cost on the Canada Post website. Just let me know. Thanks again guys!
  • I'll prob want tracking if possible unless the prices get crazy. I'm in Charlotte, NC if you can get an estimate.
    Thanks,
    K
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Are you still taking orders??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    Received mine today.
    They work great. I'll be taking an order for a Benny sleeve in the near future.
    Thanks again Brothermoon. :sunglasses: