Options

Hurricane Matthew

13»

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Still have a few hours to go. The eye wall is slamming in to charleston and it's barrier islands. Heavy winds and rain expected until 9am. Will try and get some pictures of any damage around my area when the sun comes up if I can leave work.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    The eye wall is getting much closer to me than expected. Winds are really picking up now. 65mph+.

Still a few more hours of this before it moves out.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

It's about to get a little hairy out here. 2am-9am is going to suck. Charleston is under water

positive thoughts and prayers to everybody in SC, I hope you're all o.k

Godfather.

• Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Up here in the Raleigh area rain is winding down but still very windy. We're lucky so far..have not lost power like others in the area. Got an unexpected day off work as power was down there. Worried about people on the coast...they are getting hit pretty hard. From Fla. to NC hope everyone stays safe.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I hope all our members here and family made it through this hurricane in good health and without much damage to your properties.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So our friends in Florida and the Carolinas are alright on most if not all fronts?

I hope so. You've all been in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Yes, my family and I got very lucky in terms of damage. Many broken tree limbs and a shingle or two. We got power back Sunday. I think south Carolina only had 1 death blamed on the hurricane. People were smart here, they either evacuated or hunkered down safely. It definitely was not overkill.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Yes, my family and I got very lucky in terms of damage. Many broken tree limbs and a shingle or two. We got power back Sunday. I think south Carolina only had 1 death blamed on the hurricane. People were smart here, they either evacuated or hunkered down safely. It definitely was not overkill.

it's good to hear you and your family are o.k.

Godfather.

• Options
    So sad to see that one of my favorite places, Edisto Island, has so much damage and flooding. We got word on Sunday night that my grandmother's house had probably flooded even though it was further inland. Thankfully, she's in assisted living and doesn't live there anymore, but still her small town got hit really hard.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options

So sad to see that one of my favorite places, Edisto Island, has so much damage and flooding. We got word on Sunday night that my grandmother's house had probably flooded even though it was further inland. Thankfully, she's in assisted living and doesn't live there anymore, but still her small town got hit really hard.

I couldn't believe the damage to edisto.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Glad our friends here escaped with out to much damage , I hope we don't get anymore coming our way !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....