Custom Poly Sleeves for Vault Vinyls/New pix of super box set sleeves!!

BrothermoonBrothermoon West Kelowna, BC, Canada Posts: 475
edited October 2016 in The Porch

Made these from some vapour barrier I had left over from a home reno project. They turned out really good. Fit super nice!
Post edited by Brothermoon on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wow!! If you have a few extras, I'd love them! I can send you some $ for them. Shoot me a pm! Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    They look great!!!
    Pls add me to the list if you are taking orders???
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • BrothermoonBrothermoon West Kelowna, BC, Canada Posts: 475
    redraw said:

They look great!!!
    Pls add me to the list if you are taking orders???

I'm not sure that's a door I want to open. I did make a second set, and gave them away through the Rak'd thread in Lost Dogs.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Nice job. The box set sleeves from sleeve city work fine for me. Maybe a bit big on some of them but they're great too.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    What did you use to seam the edges of the vapor barrier?
    edited September 2016

What did you use to seam the edges of the vapor barrier?

A piece of aluminum bar stock, heated up in an infrared oven to 350 degrees, for about 20 minutes. Had a sheet of open weave Teflon protecting the plastic, so the bar never actually touched the plastic. I work in an orthotic and prosthetic lab, so I have lots of crazy stuff at my disposal.
    I've fabricated a jig to speed up the process of making these sleeves. If anyone is interested send me a pm.
    Not sure if this should be in here or in Lost Dogs, but I am selling these sleeves. I'm asking $2 per sleeve, plus shipping. So far I've sent a few sets out to US residents, and it's been about $5 via CanadaPost Lettermail. Anything more than 4 sleeves jumps the weight up over 200 grams, which doubles the cost of shipping. So bigger orders will obviously be a bit more. I've also been asked to make some for the super box sets, which I intend on doing. I'll post pics once I've got some made up. Thanks guys! I've got several requests in right now, so it'll take me a bit to get a bunch made up, but I have a lot of Vapour barrier left, and no other use for it...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PM sent
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2016
    This is awesome - thanks Brothermoon! (so how many extra Vault sleeves are people buying?? I'm going for 8, but just how many of these are there going to be, and will 1 and 2 be released?? Hopefully you stay in business for a long time Brothermoon, lol, so when Vault 9 comes along I can order more. :wink: )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2016
    And let me add, I cannot find a damn sleeve to fit my two No Code lp's. I just purchased the larger 5.0 version from Sleeve City and even those do not fit that gatefold. Annoying.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    This is awesome! My solution was to double sleeve the records. I took the fattest sleeve's I could find (marketed as for double 180g albums) and it fit over the record but came up about an inch short of cover the whole gatefold. I took a second one and put it on from the opposite side, so together they protect the whole record. It ends up being a bit of a pain when I want to listen to one of them tough.... Putting a sleeve over another sleeve is more frustrating that you would thing :)

PM'd you :)
    Well that escalated quickly! I've got enough people interested to keep me busy for a while. I would guess a week or two turn around maybe. I hope everyone is ok with that...
    I think I'm gonna have to teach my son how to make these things too.
    The sleeves for 3/4 are slightly bigger, being 3 record sets vs. Vault 5's 2 records. I have also assumed 6 will be a 3 record set. The bigger sleeves fit fine on vault 5, just not quite as intimate as I like my sleeves. So if 6 is only 2 records, the bigger sleeve will still fit nicely. Just an FYI.
    edited October 2016
    I think I'm gonna have to teach my son how to make these things too. Oops double post.
    Post edited by Brothermoon on

I think I'm gonna have to teach my son how to make these things too.

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2016

And let me add, I cannot find a damn sleeve to fit my two No Code lp's. I just purchased the larger 5.0 version from Sleeve City and even those do not fit that gatefold. Annoying.

I requested a No Code sleeve along with these Vault sleeves... Brothermoon is a very accommodating fellow. :)
    Seriously, once I have a sleeve to fit No Code better I'll probably play it a lot more. I think I've been avoiding it just to get out of fighting with the fucking ill-fitted, too-tight sleeve I've got on it, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Excited for these to arrive, man! Thanks again!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    PJ_Soul said:

I requested a No Code sleeve along with these Vault sleeves... Brothermoon is a very accommodating fellow. :)
    Seriously, once I have a sleeve to fit No Code better I'll probably play it a lot more. I think I've been avoiding it just to get out of fighting with the fucking ill-fitted, too-tight sleeve I've got on it, lol.
    Yeah, I have my OG in a old ghetto-ass stretched out 1 mil poly bag.
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

will pm soon
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

The 5.0 fits No Code sideways... it only leave about 1/4" of the spine exposed.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Not sure what I bought, but I have great fitting oversized sleeves for my No Codes and other big sleeved releases.

Where ever I bought them I had to by them in bulk, I have a ton. If anyone needs some let me know.

The 5.0 fits No Code sideways... it only leave about 1/4" of the spine exposed.
    I'll give that a try.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    MedozK said:

Not sure what I bought, but I have great fitting oversized sleeves for my No Codes and other big sleeved releases.

Where ever I bought them I had to by them in bulk, I have a ton. If anyone needs some let me know.

The sleeves I have work great on the No Code album as well...
    I bought the largest size available at my local record shop and haven't had a problem with a regular album fitting in them!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    MedozK said:

I could use some! I'll send you a pm.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    edited October 2016
    Hey guys. Wow, the response has been awesome for these! obviously I wasn't the only one wishing there was a better option for storing these records. I haven't tallied up all the requests yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll have my hands full for the next little while. HesCalledDyer was the last pm I received, so I'm gonna commit to filling that request for certain, and start a wait list perhaps. I just don't want to have a bunch of you guys waiting around forever for these things. I'll get back to everyone who sent a message tonight once I'm home from work. Thanks again guys!
    Ok, just messaged everyone who has officially asked for sleeves. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress. I RAK'd a set to a fellow member out in Illinois, not sure if he's got them yet, and have sent another set of to Matt in Portland, so am anxiously awaiting their feedback. Thanks again guys!