Start another marijuana thread, please.

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    ^^^ Oh man, what a great little interchange there, Hedo. Thanks so much for posting it. Just great.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• i really think we are on a good wave. colorado is proof it works. if a lot of states vote the right way this fall then there will be a massive wave next year. people gotta vote...
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Legalize all drugs.

End the drug war.
  • Legalize it. There are lot worse things in the world to worry about.

I don't know how I feel about other drugs. If they become even easier to get more people will get hooked on them, and I can't think of many positive side effects to cocaine and heroin.

Legalize it. There are lot worse things in the world to worry about.

I don't know how I feel about other drugs. If they become even easier to get more people will get hooked on them, and I can't think of many positive side effects to cocaine and heroin.

The key there is educate. Making something illegal can be enticing, exciting, exotic. Showing a kid a photo of someone who has been doing a lot of meth is more likely to repulse them than anything.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux said:

The key there is educate. Making something illegal can be enticing, exciting, exotic. Showing a kid a photo of someone who has been doing a lot of meth is more likely to repulse them than anything.
    I recently watched the "Breaking Bad" series and after seeing some of the meth junkies on that show (acting I know) I wouldn't ever want to try it.

brianlux said:

I recently watched the "Breaking Bad" series and after seeing some of the meth junkies on that show (acting I know) I wouldn't ever want to try it.
    Exactly!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    unsung said:

Legalize all drugs.

End the drug war.

For once we agree on something.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Legalize all drugs.

End the drug war.

For once we agree on something.
    Maybe we should all gather around the hookah here once in a while!

edited September 2016
    brianlux said:

The thing about the harder drugs is that they are still mainly used recreationally. Only about 10% of drug users - that's users of all drugs in general - are addicts. The other 90% are just recreational users. Heroine is in fact the second most popular recreational drug after weed.
    Alcohol is actually more dangerous than most of the drugs that people consider hardcore.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

The thing about the harder drugs is that they are still mainly used recreationally. Only about 10% of drug users - that's users of all drugs in general - are addicts. The other 90% are just recreational users. Heroine is in fact the second most popular recreational drug after weed.
    Alcohol is actually more dangerous than most of the drugs that people consider hardcore.
    And what's interesting is that 10% seems to stay steady over time, despite what's legal or illegal, and easily accessable or not.
    fife said:
    That seems to me like a smart move.

Any word on how that's working out over there?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    if I had to choose one thing for my daughters to choose:

1) alcohol
    2) weed

I would choose weed 100% of the time.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

1) alcohol
    2) weed

Yup. The kids I know who were stoner teens were mostly either very creative or a little dumb and goofy yet either way, all are alive and well. Of the alcoholic teenagers I've know, two died quite young as a direct result of too much drinking.

brianlux said:

1) alcohol
    2) weed

Yup. The kids I know who were stoner teens were mostly either very creative or a little dumb and goofy yet either way, all are alive and well. Of the alcoholic teenagers I've know, two died quite young as a direct result of too much drinking.
    and you never hear of women getting sexually assaulted while they are passed out on weed while watching a Louis CK special with her male friends eating Doritos.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I did everything I could to teach my kid about the consequences of drugs and alcohol, it seems to have worked.

Godfather.

I did everything I could to teach my kid about the consequences of drugs and alcohol, it seems to have worked.

Godfather.

Good job, God Father.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

brianlux said:

1) alcohol
    2) weed

and you never hear of women getting sexually assaulted while they are passed out on weed while watching a Louis CK special with her male friends eating Doritos.
    True
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    brianlux said:

Godfather.

Good job, God Father.
    thanks ! one of the things I did was introduced him to some of my old friends who are pretty much toasted with nothing to show for an adult
    and told him about the dead ones as well.............I know that's an extreme method of getting a point across but I figured he would much rather learn mine and my friends mistakes than learning the hard way possibly.

Godfather.

....and maybe not, but people who like to get high will and that's none of my business and once I retire it'll be me a beer and a hooter
    on the couch ! LOL !!!! probably not but it sure sounds good.

Godfather.

"it could make you socially inept and poor". that is such a ridiculous statement it completely discredits anything else said in the article. most of those points are, as weddingparade said, suppositions anyway.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

....and maybe not, but people who like to get high will and that's none of my business and once I retire it'll be me a beer and a hooter

Godfather.

What's a hooter?
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited September 2016
    legalize pot so many useful purposes, as far as the harder stuff hell no keep it illegal...ill admit ive dabbled in the nose candy recreationally and have zero problems but nowadays you never know what you're getting when you have mans hands in the stuff

look at the new heroin that is on the streets it has some animal drug in it and its killing people because you aren't supposed to dose it so high but they aren't being told this and are dropping like flies...lets just hope that Krokodile shit don't end up here causing issues like the fake synthetic stuff

alcohol I think tops them all in people developing an addiction or alcohol related problems and issues in life don't hear many problems with people and weed
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

What's a hooter?
    what's a hooter ????? wow am I that old LOL !!!! it's what we called joints in So. Cal. during the late 70's and 80's

Godfather.

"it could make you socially inept and poor". that is such a ridiculous statement it completely discredits anything else said in the article. most of those points are, as weddingparade said, suppositions anyway.
    I have no idea how factual that stuff is but I bet we can all name at least one friend who moved up the ladder of progression a little slower than the rest because they were stoned all the time, some folks can function with life and responsibilities after a B load in the morning...(me not so much LOL !) and became successful in life so I guess it just depends on the individual.

Godfather.

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

What's a hooter?
    what's a hooter ????? wow am I that old LOL !!!! it's what we called joints in So. Cal. during the late 70's and 80's

Godfather.

Lol! Pretty sure my first doob was in 1989, so yeah, never heard of it. You take a hoot off a joint or pipe, but never heard a joint called a hooter. I thought you meant some kind of sex pot girl or something, because if Hooters! I asked though, before accusing you of being a dirty old man. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.