*** Wrigley 2 Chicago, IL Fanviews Here 8/22/16 ***

Comments

• mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Also, just remembering it, very refreshing to hear Better Man without any extended jam/tag. Haven't heard it in a looong time haha
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • 12th Show and it was awesome on many fronts. As always, Pearl Jam does not disappoint. The sound where I was at was great both nights and, to echo some others, MC was on point both nights as well. Great weather, saw some friends pre show that I have not seen in a few years. Got in and out of the area without too much trouble or traffic. So all in all, a great night!

The Good
    - Took my 10 Year Old to her first concert
    - Watched her rock out to Sonic Reducer!
    - 6 Songs New to Me with an even split between covers and originals
    - Scored a poster for my wall.

The Bad
    - Saved a guy's jacket after it was stolen by some random guy when he and his friends were not at their seats. (Who does that?)
    - No shirt, but the poster will do just fine.

The Ugly
    - A guy in my row screamed at the top of his lungs in the direction of the Jacket Guy's friends in an attempt to shut them up since they were being chatty. (Did not bother me too much, I think I tune that out when I am at a show)
    - Security came after the 2nd or 3rd time this happened since a member of the group getting yelled at involved the usher.
    1995 - Milwaukee, Night 1 ~~~ 2004 - VFC Toledo ~~~ 2006 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2009 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~
    2011 - PJ 20 East Troy, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley ~~~ 2014 - Moline ~~~ 2016 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2018 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2022 - STL~~~ 2023 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2
    Did anyone else notice Ed was more drunk than usual on Monday night???? Hahaha could just be me, but he seemed pretty hammered. Loved every bit of it
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mschostok said:

Did anyone else notice Ed was more drunk than usual on Monday night???? Hahaha could just be me, but he seemed pretty hammered. Loved every bit of it

Nah..i think u never saw eddie really hammered
    Milan-san siro 2014...hahaha..omg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188

mschostok said:

yes. this. never seen him like that day. seriously, I think that he killed at least 4 bottles of wine...
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • anyone else noticed the crowd on last kiss. Usually not one of my favorites but for some reason people were excited and sang along. Best last kiss yet lol
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    Agree with the San Siro comment! Awesome show and one of the best versions of "Evolution" I've seen!!!

• elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    edited August 2016

anyone else noticed the crowd on last kiss. Usually not one of my favorites but for some reason people were excited and sang along. Best last kiss yet lol

I noticed that too. Maybe because this time it wasn't played to the back audience.
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    elen said:

mschostok said:

yes. this. never seen him like that day. seriously, I think that he killed at least 4 bottles of wine...
    i rest my case...hahahaha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBHPe9P2Qz8
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696

elen said:

mschostok said:

that's awesome!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Stone looks happy..... ^^^^ not
  • elen said:

mschostok said:

that's awesome!
    I was there...amazing "I forget the words...vaffanculo!!!!" Great! Almost drunk like San Siro was in Venezia 2010. Someone remember it? :-)
  • pjam70pjam70 illinois Posts: 7
    edited September 2016
    Both shows were EPIC!!! Wrigley Field + great weather & PJ! The guys played awesome, and the crowd was great! Got to be on the field both nights! Great sets both nights!
    Just wanted to say thanks to the 10Club for an absolutely awesome weekend!
    Post edited by pjam70 on

Bloomington,IL. 11/26/91 Chicago, IL 7/11/95 Charlotte, NC. 10/4/96 Chicago, IL. 6/28/98 Detroit, MI. 10/7/00 St. Louis, MO. 10/11/00 Champaign, IL. 4/23/03 Alpine Valley, WI. 7/21/03 St. Louis, MO. 10/05/04 Chicago, IL. 5/17/06 Detroit, MI. 5/22/06 Chicago, IL. 8/5/07 Chicago, IL. 8/23/09 Chicago, IL. 8/24/09 Noblesville, IN. 5/7/10 Alpine Valley, WI. 9/3/11 Alpine Valley, WI. 9/4/11 Chicago, IL. 8/19/13
    St. Louis, MO. 10/3/14 Moline, IL. 10/17/14 Chicago, IL. 8/20/16 Chicago, IL. 8/22/16  Chicago, IL. 8/18/18 Chicago, IL. 8/20/18

• jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    mrussel1 said:

nycrats said:

Sea said:

04. Better Man
    (Ed sings the words, “Summer whoa oh oh, Summertime oh”)

I think he was singing "Summertime Rolls"... the Jane's Addiction song.

thanks for posting. i didnt go but was going to ask if this is what it was when i read the review.
    mrussel1 said:

Since the video of Eddie stopping Lukin has gone somewhat mainstream....many people who weren't at the show are saying that the whole incident looks "staged" and "fake"? I was down in the GA, it looked pretty darn real to me.

Staged? Who the hell is saying that??
    One of my friends who was seeing PJ for the first time this past weekend actually asked me the same question. I looked at her like "Why would someone "stage" something like that?"
    I've seen it happen several times, most recently in Hampton. It also happened in LA and Charlottesville in 2013. Those incidents were right in front of me. No staging.

I was in the pit again on Monday for this one but too far away to see the incident. Not for a second did I question its validity.
    The idea of this being staged is straight stupidity
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    What was allegedly staged at Hampton? The sign stealer?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601

No evidently someone said something about Wrigley being staged
  • I've been listening to PJ for a while, but never had the chance to see them live. Wrigley was my first PJ show and I am still in awe at what I've experienced.
    I don't remember seeing Ed chug the beer, will have to watch the full show once its posted on YouTube.
    Wrigley 8-22-16
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mrussel1 said:

No evidently someone said something about Wrigley being staged
    Yeah, I didn't comprehend what you wrote correctly! :tongue:
  • JoelMacJoelMac Ball State Posts: 5
    edited September 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Show was great, however, I do wish they would play more (see: any) binaural tracks, they have kinda ignored that along with Riot Act as the years have gone on.

Yield and No Code got little love over the weekend either. Not that it was zero, just wished for some more.

Sonic Reducer was a big surprise. That was totally not on my radar and it was AWESOME.
    Getting to hear Sonic Reducer was unreal. Granted this was only my second time seeing them (I'm 18 so i'm trying to catch up) but I never thought i'd get to hear that. I love the song, and their cover is amazing. That song leading into Blood got me so fired up!
    Post edited by JoelMac on
    Milwaukee '14
    Wrigley 2 '16
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    JoelMac said:

mrussel1 said:

Show was great, however, I do wish they would play more (see: any) binaural tracks, they have kinda ignored that along with Riot Act as the years have gone on.

Yield and No Code got little love over the weekend either. Not that it was zero, just wished for some more.

Sonic Reducer was a big surprise. That was totally not on my radar and it was AWESOME.
    Getting to hear Sonic Reducer was unreal. Granted this was only my second time seeing them (I'm 18 so i'm trying to catch up) but I never thought i'd get to hear that. I love the song, and their cover is amazing. That song leading into Blood got me so fired up!
    Sonic Reducer was my white whale. I'd been to 24 shows without hearing it, and finally got to hear it on #25. I got extremely pumped and sang my guts out.. lol.. even the first few seconds.. I'm thinking.. that sounds like Sonic Reducer.. it is sonic reducer... woooo!!!
    I really enjoyed both shows. I was in the pit for both nights. They really did pack the people into it, but we got there before doors each day (around 5pm night 1 and 4:30 night 2) and ended up about 12th row in the centre. Totally regulated our dehydration so we didn't have to deal with washroom breaks.

Night 1 was pretty good, they even dug deep for a few rarities, but I'd seen them before. It was the covers that really got me. Never thought i'd see Masters of War live, and Mike slew the dragon on that one. Never though I'd here I am a Patriot either. I loved the cover of Surrender. I think it might of been the first PJ show I'd been too where I'd actually heard all the PJ originals live before (well except for All The Way.. which is an Ed solo, but it was new to me).

Night 2 was even more epic. Black Red Yellow with Dennis Rodman... never thought I'd hear that one live. Wasn't even on my wishlist. Was frigging awesome. Deep was the last long I'd never heard live from Ten, so that was killer. I used to play the shit out of the Great Woods '98 bootleg, and it always starts with Ed solo'ing Throw your Arms around me, so I got pretty excited for that one. Hadn't heard it live in a long time. Don't Gimme No Lip was awesome. I totally though we were going to get Mankind (which I've seen a number of times) but they pulled out Don't Gimme No Lip. Sonic Reducer was was epic and it felt good to finally get my White Whale. I could tell when Ledbetter started that Ed was trying to get the to rush it so they could do something else. I assumed maybe a Baba or a RiTFW but they came closed with I've got a Feeling! Epic!

I thoroughly enjoyed these shows. First time I've flown for a PJ show. Friend of mine moved out there and I wanted to visit anyways, so PJ playing on my Birthday made everything come together. I'm glad I went out to them.

My only issue is now I feel like I've really seen a wide swath of PJ's catalog. Most of the songs I haven't seen are the wierd hard to play album tracks or maybe a song per album that's eluded me live. I keep thinking it'll get harder and harder for PJ to bust out new stuff for me, but they keep finding a way. I hope that doesn't stop. I get pretty excite when I hear something live for the first time :)
  • Zod said:

My only issue is now I feel like I've really seen a wide swath of PJ's catalog. Most of the songs I haven't seen are the wierd hard to play album tracks or maybe a song per album that's eluded me live. I keep thinking it'll get harder and harder for PJ to bust out new stuff for me, but they keep finding a way. I hope that doesn't stop. I get pretty excite when I hear something live for the first time :)

Sounds like a new album would help ;)
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Seems like yesterday......
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696

Seems like yesterday......

Yep. Amazing night
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    It's amazing. Just going back and re-reading this thread brings back so many wonderful memories and good thoughts!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    ^^^ Absolutely agree! Both nights were awesome!!!!
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Well here it is one year later. Been sittin' on this last bit of Sour Diesel since I walked out of Wrigley. Gonna turn it to ash this evening. What a fucking awesome night.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

I'm very much looking forward to the full boots in November.   I've listened to Pemberton a number of times now and it was amazing, and Wrigley was even that much more amazing.
    edited June 2020
    Just listened to this boot again. Goddamn was this show incredible. Everything about it - the band was so tight, Ed sounded great, the setlist was phenomenal, the Worm came out for BRY, beautiful weather. Undoubtedly one of the best shows I've ever been to. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Agreed. This show is maybe my favorite PJ show and the first 11 songs are the best batch of any show I've ever been to. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."