Faile Wrigley A/P Sale

12345679»

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    scurtis said:

I'm still kicking myself for not getting one at the show..they were abundant and easy at $35. Now i shelled out $225 for the same print..ouch. They are signed though :)

I never saw it available once, mind you, I didn't wait six hours early on in the weekend.
    Really? I saw it at almost every merch stand inside the stadium for the duration of both shows.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Read a lot of comments that this poster will be a pricey one in the future. I just dont see it either. Its really not that good is it? Once you get past the hype of the artist. Dont get me wrong its not a terrible print, far from it, but its just very 'meh' and doesnt stand out as a classic in the making

to each his own i guess

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Someone already paid 449.99 for a variant on the "Bay"....

For fucks sake. Everyone stop saying "the bay" and "the auction site" and every other stupid euphemism. It's fucking ebay! Ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay. You can call it by its name. It's ok.
    I bet you're just used to people saying the bay referring to the Chesapeake, being from Maryland and all... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    pdalowsky said:

Read a lot of comments that this poster will be a pricey one in the future. I just dont see it either. Its really not that good is it? Once you get past the hype of the artist. Dont get me wrong its not a terrible print, far from it, but its just very 'meh' and doesnt stand out as a classic in the making

to each his own i guess

Design: I think a lot of people like it for the Chicago and pop-culture references. I love it because it's different from a lot of other gig posters, and I love Faile (remember that I sat through a damn ballet just so I could get one of those blocks they were giving away with a special NYCB ticket :lol::lol: )

Price: However as you've probably seen from my other posts, I agree with you that I don't think it will be super pricey in the future. For some reason I'm likening it to the Copenhagen Spawn in terms of price point. If anything is going to retain a high market value, it's probably the variant.
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    pdalowsky said:

to each his own i guess

I agree with you that it probably isn't a print that jumps out of the frame seeing as it's very busy. That being said, it was a print from a very memorable weekend for Pearl Jam fans in that the shows were fantastic, which will surely make demand for this one go up over time. I don't think it'll reach the Kong/Cracker Jack/Pitt/Moline levels but it will climb to over $200 easily IMO.
    PP193448 said:

Someone already paid 449.99 for a variant on the "Bay"....

For fucks sake. Everyone stop saying "the bay" and "the auction site" and every other stupid euphemism. It's fucking ebay! Ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay. You can call it by its name. It's ok.
    I bet you're just used to people saying the bay referring to the Chesapeake, being from Maryland and all... :lol:
    Hahaha! Indeed. Folks, this is "The Bay":
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

scurtis said:

I'm still kicking myself for not getting one at the show..they were abundant and easy at $35. Now i shelled out $225 for the same print..ouch. They are signed though :)

I never saw it available once, mind you, I didn't wait six hours early on in the weekend.
    Really? I saw it at almost every merch stand inside the stadium for the duration of both shows.
    I guess I went to the wrong ones, but I wasn't into waiting too much so they might have been gone when I got there
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    pdalowsky said:

to each his own i guess

I'm not sure where the price will end up down the road on the show edition, but as for the poster itself it was definitely the most "Chicago" out of the bunch. Harry Caray & the Addison marquee tie it into Wrigley, and Ferris Bueller & a parade dancer, Andie, and the little smokie on the floor are all cultural references. And it just has that classic gig poster feel to it IMO.

I definitely think the AP's will only grow in value in the future as the guys from Faile mentioned there would be a few very slight nuances that differentiate it from those sold at Wrigley.
  • TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    Just got my shipping confirmation!

My shipping address actually got jumbled up so he emailed me this morning asking for the correct one - just a few hours after I sent him the correct one and I've got my tracking number.

Can't wait to put this bad boy up!
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Oh thats fast. Thought he said 4-6 weeks.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857

Just got my shipping confirmation!

My shipping address actually got jumbled up so he emailed me this morning asking for the correct one - just a few hours after I sent him the correct one and I've got my tracking number.

Can't wait to put this bad boy up!

Nice, that is pretty fast. I am hoping to see a drop here soon.