Faile Wrigley A/P Sale

Comments

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

I'm still kicking myself for not getting one at the show..they were abundant and easy at $35. Now i shelled out $225 for the same print..ouch. They are signed though :)

I never saw it available once, mind you, I didn't wait six hours early on in the weekend.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164

Now that FAILE has completed their online artist sale, the only remaining retail availability of this poster is going to be here in the shop. Please be aware that this poster is going to do nothing but skyrocket in price in the near and distant future.

The days of this being less than $100 are quickly passing and it is already going into the $150 price range on eBay. If you miss out when they go on sale here, don't say you weren't forewarned.

Way too scare everyone :lol::lol: I actually disagree with you, and I'm a big fan of the poster. Look at the Copenhagen Spawn poster. That started out being highly desirable but it seems like you can get a show ed for under $100 these days, despite almost half of the APs being damaged in the shipping process.

I guess we'll see what actually happens, but I don't get the feeling that this is going to go to MSG Donkey Kong heights.
  • glennb2112glennb2112 memphis Posts: 247
    scurtis said:

I'm still kicking myself for not getting one at the show..they were abundant and easy at $35. Now i shelled out $225 for the same print..ouch. They are signed though :)

I never saw it available once, mind you, I didn't wait six hours early on in the weekend.
    I waited Saturday about 3hrs at the tent behind the bleachers. The Klausen sold out very quick but was restocked. The Faile sold slowly until there was a buzz in the crowd and started to sell pretty quickly after that. It was restocked as well. After the show the Faile seemed sold out. I did not see it Monday
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    KC138045 said:

Sarava said:

Now that FAILE has completed their online artist sale, the only remaining retail availability of this poster is going to be here in the shop. Please be aware that this poster is going to do nothing but skyrocket in price in the near and distant future.

The days of this being less than $100 are quickly passing and it is already going into the $150 price range on eBay. If you miss out when they go on sale here, don't say you weren't forewarned.

I'm still a little skeptical on how high this can settle at. Only because it appeared on the surface that a lot more of these Faile posters were printed than other recent rare gems like Cracker Jack, Moline or Pittsburgh.
    I've said this in other threads but I really don't get the appeal for this poster. And I definitely wouldn't put it in the same category as Cracker Jack, Moline, or Pittsburgh.
    Same here. I bought it at Wrigley and once I got it home I really didn't like. Gifting it to a friend who missed out on the sale cause his flight was cancelled and by the time he got in they were gone.
    NYPJ
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    scurtis said:

I don't do merch lines either! I'd rather enjoy the city, and hang out with some cool people. My mindset was, I was going to try a merch stand inside the stadium and if I get lucky then great. I waited 15 minutes in line on night 1 inside and was able to get everything I wanted. Everything was in stock. I mean everything. The only thing that was running real thin was the Klausen! Only about a handful left which is the one I had hoped to get and got lucky. They had tons of Faile, but didn't care for it at the time.I guess it was just luck of the draw. It was only after the shows when I got home that I started to want the Faile. I guess I should have bought the A/P had that in the cart and decided to gamble on the hopes of a 10c drop. But I think you did well in buying your Variant. Already it's worth double what you paid for it. So don't feel "weak" or bad about your decision. I think you made out like s champ. Congrats. If you have any buyers remorse later, I will gladly take it off your hands. (Especially if I miss the drop here :lol: )
    wall232 said:

KC138045 said:

Sarava said:

I'm still a little skeptical on how high this can settle at. Only because it appeared on the surface that a lot more of these Faile posters were printed than other recent rare gems like Cracker Jack, Moline or Pittsburgh.
    I've said this in other threads but I really don't get the appeal for this poster. And I definitely wouldn't put it in the same category as Cracker Jack, Moline, or Pittsburgh.
    Same here. I bought it at Wrigley and once I got it home I really didn't like. Gifting it to a friend who missed out on the sale cause his flight was cancelled and by the time he got in they were gone.
    That's awesome.
  • scurtis said:

Agreed on limited availability...I did, 6.25 hours on Thurs. to be exact. I did get whatever merch I wanted though, but I buy for me and friends as I am not a re-seller.
    Suziemay said:

Way too scare everyone :lol::lol: I actually disagree with you, and I'm a big fan of the poster. Look at the Copenhagen Spawn poster. That started out being highly desirable but it seems like you can get a show ed for under $100 these days, despite almost half of the APs being damaged in the shipping process.

Agreed, got an A/P for $305 right after on-sale (it is mint and I am thankful after reading how many were damaged) and a show for $79 two years later.
    Suziemay said:

I guess we'll see what actually happens, but I don't get the feeling that this is going to go to MSG Donkey Kong heights.

It might actually as they are "museum" artists. However, I think the Fenway T. Eaton A/P Variant may have the best legs as there are only 50 and he did not put out a regular A/E. Plus it is a really nice looking piece. Just my $0.02.
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, *8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

Suziemay said:

It might actually as they are "museum" artists. However, I think the Fenway T. Eaton A/P Variant may have the best legs as there are only 50 and he did not put out a regular A/E. Plus it is a really nice looking piece. Just my $0.02.
    The Spokane poster didn't really appreciate significantly (or at all?) so I'm wondering if there's something about it being a gig poster that depreciates its value for Faile fans. And for Pearl Jam fans, Faile doesn't have the brand name of the other gig poster artists. My 2 cents :)
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

Sarava said:

Definitely more of these were printed, but tens of thousands more people attended the Wrigley shows this year than Pittsburgh, Wrigley 2013, and definitely Moline. (supply and demand)

That variant edition of 100 is what will be the really high price poster!
    I understand there is a demand for this poster I just don't get it. I think "The Catch" is overated too. But that's what makes these discussions great. Everyone has different tastes and values certain prints higher than others.
    On one hand, I like the 10 color ink. On the other hand, I've seen artists do a lot more with a lot less colors.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312

ummm, so I am gonna refund all my sales and have a do-over... and I thought $140 was a little steep...

Seriously - Not to be the dick, but you need to up your prices Brad. If guys like you and Emek and Tyler Stout are having INSTANT sell-outs EVERY TIME, simple market analysis says one of two things are happening. One, Supply is way lower than demand, so up the Supply - Print and sell more AP's. Not always an option as these are usually limited by the client.
    Second, charge a higher price for the limited supply to Price bottom feeders out of the market. This will not make it worth the risk/reward for scalpers to get in your game. If you are charging $200 for an AP that may fetch $150-$250 on the open market you are priced fairly. If you are charging $500 for an AP that may fetch $150-$250, then you won't sell many prints and will carry a lot of inventory and will only sell to true fans. If you are charging $50-$75 for an AP that will fetch $150-$250 you are way under priced and you will attract a lot of secondary market speculators who won't mind making 300%-500% off of your hard work, blood, sweat & tears.

As has been mentioned here before - EVERYONE in the Pearl Jam community would rather our money go to You and Emek and T.Stout and Ames and the real artists and not the secondary market speculators.

You are a true artist and you deserve to be compensated as such. You have a rare gift and a rare ability that is as rare as Ed's and Mike's and Matt's and Stone's and Jeff's.

I know I have been changed in ways I can't explain and couldn't imagine by seeing your Hawaii poster and your DC poster and your Crown of Thorns poster and your Ireland poster and your Denver art and on and on and on. And that changing of my heart and of my mind to be a better, freer, more passionate person are simply PRICELESS.

That is all. Thank you Brad, don't ever stop creating.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited August 2016

ummm, so I am gonna refund all my sales and have a do-over... and I thought $140 was a little steep...

Seriously - Not to be the dick, but you need to up your prices Brad. If guys like you and Emek and Tyler Stout are having INSTANT sell-outs EVERY TIME, simple market analysis says one of two things are happening. One, Supply is way lower than demand, so up the Supply - Print and sell more AP's. Not always an option as these are usually limited by the client.
    Second, charge a higher price for the limited supply to Price bottom feeders out of the market. This will not make it worth the risk/reward for scalpers to get in your game. If you are charging $200 for an AP that may fetch $150-$250 on the open market you are priced fairly. If you are charging $500 for an AP that may fetch $150-$250, then you won't sell many prints and will carry a lot of inventory and will only sell to true fans. If you are charging $50-$75 for an AP that will fetch $150-$250 you are way under priced and you will attract a lot of secondary market speculators who won't mind making 300%-500% off of your hard work, blood, sweat & tears.

As has been mentioned here before - EVERYONE in the Pearl Jam community would rather our money go to You and Emek and T.Stout and Ames and the real artists and not the secondary market speculators.

You are a true artist and you deserve to be compensated as such. You have a rare gift and a rare ability that is as rare as Ed's and Mike's and Matt's and Stone's and Jeff's.

I know I have been changed in ways I can't explain and couldn't imagine by seeing your Hawaii poster and your DC poster and your Crown of Thorns poster and your Ireland poster and your Denver art and on and on and on. And that changing of my heart and of my mind to be a better, freer, more passionate person are simply PRICELESS.

That is all. Thank you Brad, don't ever stop creating.
    :lol: You started out busting his balls, then ended up kissing his ass... :rofl: Just kidding...
    You're like the good cop/bad cop from The Lego Movie
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,440
    From faileart -
    Hey all. Yes these will be a bit different from the ones at the show. The color, clarity and consistency will be slightly tweaked from the show set. We always make sure that these meet or level of quality if they are being released from the studio and we felt that some things needed to be tightened up for our edition. Which is partially creating a delay in shipping. We believe it's the right call and think our collectors will appreciate that standard being upheld.
    Ray J. T. said:

scurtis said:

I don't do merch lines either! I'd rather enjoy the city, and hang out with some cool people. My mindset was, I was going to try a merch stand inside the stadium and if I get lucky then great. I waited 15 minutes in line on night 1 inside and was able to get everything I wanted. Everything was in stock. I mean everything. The only thing that was running real thin was the Klausen! Only about a handful left which is the one I had hoped to get and got lucky. They had tons of Faile, but didn't care for it at the time.I guess it was just luck of the draw. It was only after the shows when I got home that I started to want the Faile. I guess I should have bought the A/P had that in the cart and decided to gamble on the hopes of a 10c drop. But I think you did well in buying your Variant. Already it's worth double what you paid for it. So don't feel "weak" or bad about your decision. I think you made out like s champ. Congrats. If you have any buyers remorse later, I will gladly take it off your hands. (Especially if I miss the drop here :lol: )
    Thanks! I figured a few years from now the money hit wouldn't matter as much, but finding the print could be a challenge.

I took the same approach in the lines, except on Monday, my brother in law and I agreed we would get up early and check out the lines, if they were decent we would wait.

We waited about 2 hrs and I got everything i wanted except the stickers and the Faile.
    scurtis said:

Ray J. T. said:

scurtis said:

Thanks! I figured a few years from now the money hit wouldn't matter as much, but finding the print could be a challenge.

I took the same approach in the lines, except on Monday, my brother in law and I agreed we would get up early and check out the lines, if they were decent we would wait.

We waited about 2 hrs and I got everything i wanted except the stickers and the Faile.
    Well, at least you got the Variant! And you are absolutely right after a while, and the desirability of this print only going up the money hit wont matter too much. Congrats again. And remember I am here if you want/need to sell yours! Maybe I should have pulled the trigger earlier today. C'mon 10c with the drop.
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Suziemay said:

Biiiiiiiiiig difference between Copenhagen and Wrigley Field! It's all about the memories and who attended!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
    Ray J. T. said:

scurtis said:

Ray J. T. said:

scurtis said:

Well, at least you got the Variant! And you are absolutely right after a while, and the desirability of this print only going up the money hit wont matter too much. Congrats again. And remember I am here if you want/need to sell yours! Maybe I should have pulled the trigger earlier today. C'mon 10c with the drop.
    I think it will be sold here....
    scurtis said:

Ray J. T. said:

scurtis said:

Ray J. T. said:

scurtis said:

I think it will be sold here....
    Well, that is the $200 gamble I placed today by not completing the check out earlier today from Faile's website. So I sure hope you are right.
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    I debated going for the variant, but backed off because I've spent so much on PJ lately, but this poster keeps getting better for me. I liked at first how different it was than all my other PJ posters, but there's just something about it that makes me super happy. I look forward to properly framing it one day.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :yin_yang:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Just closed on a new house. Not buying much for a while. Especially at that price lol
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905

and for the record I think faile do cool stuff

Had every intention of getting the Faile at the Merch tent, but was sold out when I got to the front of the line. Thought my next pick would be the Cliver, but in person yours was a no brainer. I knew it would look best on my wall. Thanks again for a nice poster. Colors are great and I'm a White Sox fan.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993

I debated going for the variant, but backed off because I've spent so much on PJ lately, but this poster keeps getting better for me. I liked at first how different it was than all my other PJ posters, but there's just something about it that makes me super happy. I look forward to properly framing it one day.

I feel the same way. I think the easiest way for me to sum this up is that it looks like cool art first, and a cool concert poster 2nd. Where normally it's the other way around.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i love my 35$ faile poster!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

haha!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Anyone regret their variant purchase?
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    cmalisze said:

No, it's awesome
    riley540 said:

cmalisze said:

No, it's awesome
    Which is why I want one.
    cmalisze said:

riley540 said:

cmalisze said:

No, it's awesome
    Which is why I want one.
    Stupid world wide web blocked me from getting one.
    edited August 2016

Suziemay said:

Biiiiiiiiiig difference between Copenhagen and Wrigley Field! It's all about the memories and who attended!
    There are 4 other posters to choose from if it's all about the memories...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited August 2016

Someone already paid 449.99 for a variant on the "Bay"....

For fucks sake. Everyone stop saying "the bay" and "the auction site" and every other stupid euphemism. It's fucking ebay! Ebay ebay ebay ebay ebay. You can call it by its name. It's ok.