Options

Faile Wrigley A/P Sale

I'm just trying to make sure I didn't miss anything. I know earlier in the week, they said they'd be selling the Wrigley poster "later this week." I haven't seen any other information. I didn't miss something, right?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444

I'm just trying to make sure I didn't miss anything. I know earlier in the week, they said they'd be selling the Wrigley poster "later this week." I haven't seen any other information. I didn't miss something, right?

I am also waiting but couldn't find anything. There was no A/P sell yet
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    is it really going to be $400?
  • Options

I haven't seen a price yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pretty high $$.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Wow! F that if it's the case.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    http://store.faile.net/

Pearl Jam Wrigley Field 2016 Artist Print Edition Tuesday, August 30th

August 26, 2016

Excited to be releasing our Artist Edition of the print we created for the Pearl Jam concert at Wrigley Field this past weekend. Always an honor to do a piece for such an iconic band. The release will be Tuesday, August 30th at Noon (NYC time). The release will happen here at that time.

This is a 10 layer silkscreen print (front side), signed, embossed and numbered in the studio plus numbered with a holographic Pearl Jam sticker.

There is an additional one color print on the back side with a little insight into the print reading "We were excited to be asked to do the print for the Chicago show on this tour. There's a great clip of Eddie singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” from Wrigley Field – giving a shout to Harry Caray as he makes the best of the 7th Inning Stretch. Chicago to us, as kids from the 80's, will always be John Hughes country. So many classic stories and characters to shape our young minds. We thought of a place where no matter who are you are, no matter how bizarre, you can't hide it. We chose to go there and celebrate that moment. ENJOY THE RIDE!"

FAILE / Pearl Jam Wrigely Field 2016
    Enjoy The Ride
    10 Color Silkscreen Print (Front)
    1 Color Silkscreen Print (Back)
    Edition of 300
    18 x 24 Inches
    Signed, Embossed, Numbered, PJ Holographic Number Sticker

FAILE / Pearl Jam Wrigely Field 2016
    Enjoy The Ride - Atrist Variation
    10 Color Silkscreen Print (Front)
    1 Color Silkscreen Print (Back)
    Edition of 100
    18 x 24 Inches

Enjoy The Ride (Back Side)

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,137
    Wow, the variant is not so different. I'd say the show edition that's missing a layer of ink is the edition to get.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @demetrios !!
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Am I blind or did they not say the cost?
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Thanks! No price yet?
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

deftones said:

Thanks! No price yet?

I have a feeling they are trying to not scare people away. I have a feeling these things are going to be pricey.
  • Options

JP218404 said:

deftones said:

Thanks! No price yet?

I have a feeling they are trying to not scare people away. I have a feeling these things are going to be pricey.
    I am afraid so. Let's hope that 10C will have enough for all of us
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Sounds expensive
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    What was their price for the Spokane '13 AP? Or did they not do an artist run for that one?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697

What was their price for the Spokane '13 AP? Or did they not do an artist run for that one?

$225 US for their AP run.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    demetrios said:

Yikes! Glad I got a show edition!
  • Options
    twhite1221twhite1221 here, there, everywhere Posts: 93
    demetrios said:

Wow, that's pretty damn pricey. Looks like this will be the most sought out stadium poster for the 10c drop. I never saw this one at Wrigley but I didn't wait over 10 minutes in any merch line either.
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212

demetrios said:

Wow, that's pretty damn pricey. Looks like this will be the most sought out stadium poster for the 10c drop. I never saw this one at Wrigley but I didn't wait over 10 minutes in any merch line either.
    Thomas is going to beat the brakes off of this one I think, as it should.
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    If I got that, I'd hang it backwards. That chill wolf is way cooler
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861

demetrios said:

I waited 7 minutes in merch line after doors opened on Saturday night and was able to purchase everything I wanted, as everything was stocked with plenty of quantity. Grabbed the Klausen poster as that was the one that I really wanted (there was only a hand full left when I made my way to the stand) but after seeing the Faile more and more since the shows it has really grown on me, and now I want it. Had an opportunity to get it right there and then (the one that was most stocked) but passed on it. Hoping the 10c does a drop for this one, as the A/P looks like it is going to be a little pricey.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Just an innocent question here ... Why does everyone love this poster so much? Does the subway scene reference something? Thanks.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options

Just an innocent question here ... Why does everyone love this poster so much? Does the subway scene reference something? Thanks.

I don't think it is that great to be honest, but would like to have it since I try to have all posters for shows I attend. I prefer artist editions for those shows as well although the Sperry for Miami and this one will probably be exceptions to that rule. The Sperry drop was a joke and at this price I will probably pass on this one.

The Taylor is my choice for best Wrigley poster. I usually like BK's but the one for Wrigley was a little too busy for me.

i waited in one line outside during Saturday's show for around 10 minutes and picked up the Cliver, Taylor, and Feldman. I had planned on hitting up merch upon entry on Monday but tickets had scanning problems and derailed that plan since it was after 7:30 before I got in the gate.
  • Options
    rbhester said:

demetrios said:

Thomas is def a better poster but a lot of folks are looking for this one since it appears merch at Wrigley was a bit more of a shitshow as opposed to Fenway. If I had been at Boston shows I would def be gunning for a Thomas. Its probably the best poster of the stadium shows.....I only wish it had been for Wrigley!
  • Options

Pop culture references of when most of us including the band were teens. Always popular. Subway a tip to Chicago. I'm still not getting turning Ferris into a wolf head, but I guess artistic license or Matthew Broderick doesn't allow his likeness to be used.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    You can argue a reference to Risky Business subway scene, and I tell you I was on the most crowded red line ride of my life on Monday, all PJ fans, and it was hilarious.
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    statchwecstatchwec Des Moines, IA Posts: 23
    I caved and bought one off eBay for $90. It has a corner ding, but isn't visible after I framed it. I didn't think the poster was that great at first, but I think it is by far the coolest poster in the set.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    statchwec said:

I caved and bought one off eBay for $90. It has a corner ding, but isn't visible after I framed it. I didn't think the poster was that great at first, but I think it is by far the coolest poster in the set.

That happened to me too. I even passed on it at Saturday's show. Got home Sunday and it had grown on me. Was sold out everywhere at Monday's show when I tried to buy it. Ended up spending $100 on ebay. Sigh...
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    statchwec said:

Sarava said:

statchwec said:

That happened to me too. I even passed on it at Saturday's show. Got home Sunday and it had grown on me. Was sold out everywhere at Monday's show when I tried to buy it. Ended up spending $100 on ebay. Sigh...
    Same here. Never wanted at first. I bought the Klausen which is the one I wanted most, I had an opportunity to buy the Faile but passed on it. After the shows really grew on me. Going to try for an A/P if its not too expensive. Still think the Klausen was the best one, but can't help to want the Faile now too.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Ray J. T. said:

statchwec said:

Sarava said:

statchwec said:

Same here. Never wanted at first. I bought the Klausen which is the one I wanted most, I had an opportunity to buy the Faile but passed on it. After the shows really grew on me. Going to try for an A/P if its not too expensive. Still think the Klausen was the best one, but can't help to want the Faile now too.
    I'd go with the Faile as the best. The Klausen I love and will frame as well. I also have the Feldman. I love the Feldman artwork, though I don't know what it has anything to do with Wrigley, Pearl Jam or Chicago.
  • Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    edited August 2016

rbhester said:

demetrios said:

Thomas is def a better poster but a lot of folks are looking for this one since it appears merch at Wrigley was a bit more of a shitshow as opposed to Fenway. If I had been at Boston shows I would def be gunning for a Thomas. Its probably the best poster of the stadium shows.....I only wish it had been for Wrigley!
    The Thomas is easily the best of the stadiums (maybe even tour?). If mine ever shows up, I'm taking the Sharpie to it to make it a Wrigley poster though. As for Faile, I passed on it at the show and still would (the dumb dog bothers me). Kind of sad that the Taylor gets little love though.
  • Options
    glennb2112glennb2112 memphis Posts: 247
    edited August 2016
    Sarava said:

Ray J. T. said:

statchwec said:

Sarava said:

statchwec said:

I'd go with the Faile as the best. The Klausen I love and will frame as well. I also have the Feldman. I love the Feldman artwork, though I don't know what it has anything to do with Wrigley, Pearl Jam or Chicago.
    The Feldman was a take on a group photo that was shown in several other posts. IMO not very creative.

http://www.relix.com/images/uploads/about/1168884-pearl-jam1.jpg
    Post edited by glennb2112 on