Lets Talk International Shipping!

gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
Been in 10C for many years, always shocked at the cost of sending items to Canada. My latest order includes a copy of the vault and a copy of the Temple vinyl reissue.

Shipping and handling costs:

Standard International Shipping $48.49!

I mean, I understand records are a little heavy, but this is obscene! I could swear about six years ago we were told this was being looked into, why has yet to be rectified? On top of these huge charges (in American dollars no less) we have the very real possibility of being hit with duty on items we have already paid double for.

If I recall, Canada subsidizes shipping to Europe as 10C qualifies us the same as across the pond. My question is - why the heck is there not a separate category for CAN shipments? Makes it hard to keep up with all these releases when shipping is costing me more than the records themselves.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Agreed. The shipping to Canada is insane, and the same as shipping to Australia and China. That makes no sense and it's totally outrageous. $38 USD just to ship the Vault about 200km north to Vancouver???? Ridiculous!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    if international folks stop buying and paying the shipping... I bet they would change it a lot faster
    my2hands said:

if international folks stop buying and paying the shipping... I bet they would change it a lot faster

I'm not about to risk leaving a hole in the Vault series though. Not an option! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,329
    Wish 10club had a Canadian tier shipping rate. They only have 2 shipping rates. It's either "USA" rate or "everyone who lives outside the USA" rate. If you live in the USA, head down to your local post office with an item at lunch break or anytime you are free. Any item. What? You don't have item on hand? hmm .. just give the store clerk your shoe to check the rate on how much it would cost to ship to Canada & to any country outside North America. Let's say Italy. No wait, Bangladesh. Let's go nuts & say Egypt. I'm 100% positive the prices would very for all but the cheapest (by more then half the price) of them all would be, you guessed correctly, Canada.

As for the Vault, have you guy's seen the packaging on it? It's bullet proof! And the weight on these vinyls are heavier then the studio album releases. BUT the going rate of $37.49 US with no tracking #, is INTENSE! With that price Canadians especially should have a tracking # and receive these in under 2 weeks, tops! Not a month after folks in Australia & Europe get their packages before we do. :/
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

I'm not about to risk leaving a hole in the Vault series though. Not an option! :)
    A sign of a true, and fellow physical media nerd. #dedication
    www.cluthelee.com
    demetrios said:

Wish 10club had a Canadian tier shipping rate. They only have 2 shipping rates. It's either "USA" rate or "everyone who lives outside the USA" rate. If you live in the USA, head down to your local post office with an item at lunch break or anytime you are free. Any item. What? You don't have item on hand? hmm .. just give the store clerk your shoe to check the rate on how much it would cost to ship to Canada & to any country outside North America. Let's say Italy. No wait, Bangladesh. Let's go nuts & say Egypt. I'm 100% positive the prices would very for all but the cheapest (by more then half the price) of them all would be, you guessed correctly, Canada.

As for the Vault, have you guy's seen the packaging on it? It's bullet proof! And the weight on these vinyls are heavier then the studio album releases. BUT the going rate of $37.49 US with no tracking #, is INTENSE! With that price Canadians especially should have a tracking # and receive these in under 2 weeks, tops! Not a month after folks in Australia & Europe get their packages before we do. :/

Yeah, the fact that it's that much to Canada without tracking just adds insult to injury. We all know it costs more to ship to Australia than it does to Canada, and yet... it really makes me feel ripped off.
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    my2hands said:

+1
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    I have no clue what 10c does for shipping and i dont think they do either.
    Ex i order 7" cd and poster from star anna about 3 days after i order hats from 10c, the star anna shipping is just over half the price and arrives 2 days earlier?
    And get this, my buddy and i order 4 hats on my account, AND THEY SHIP THEM 1 AT A TIME?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    First-Class Package International Service 2lb package NYC to Vancouver $15.50
    First-Class Package International Service 2lb package NYC to Australia $22.75

https://postcalc.usps.com/
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,329
    Try UPS. 10club is stuck with them @ one shipping rate. Too bad they can't use USPS for all their orders that are shipped outside the USA.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    broke down last night and bought the vault.... $38 shipping.... added 3 singles to the mix $42ish... wierd. My wife was passing by and seen the shipping amount, as per her...."$38 shipping wtf is that about?" hahaha

no more vinyl this year 10c i am done..hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited August 2016
    ldent42 said:

First-Class Package International Service 2lb package NYC to Vancouver $15.50
    First-Class Package International Service 2lb package NYC to Australia $22.75

https://postcalc.usps.com/

Good man hit em with facts!
    I love being Canadian but not being taken advantage of due to the fact I live a 3 hour ferry ride from Seattle.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Yes. There are a number of things I'd like to buy from the 10C, but the shipping to Canada puts them all right out of my price range.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    demetrios said:

Try UPS. 10club is stuck with them @ one shipping rate. Too bad they can't use USPS for all their orders that are shipped outside the USA.

I didn't even realize they ship UPS. they are on a business account anyways so regardless of what prices we pull off the retail websites, 10c ain't paying those prices. It is still not logical for shipping to cost the same whether it's Seattle - Vancouver or Seattle - Tokyo.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    The charges are getting higher but isnt that an issue with the shipping companies generally, look at the costs quoted on ebay for even small items now shipped from the states. Its unreal.

What we can say about tenclub is that whilst the shipping is expensive, they know how to ship these days, these vaults arrive in double packaging with loads of bubblewrap, and yes that makes the box much bigger, but its absolutely worth it in my eyes.

Its not the tenclubs fault anyway for the costs of shipping to Europe, but it does make us pause a little when records like the reissues will likely be on amazon with free shipping. There is always that niggling conflict however of wanting to support the smaller retailer and not the big corporate that is nigh on destroying the retail world as we knew it