If there's one Chicago related cover this weekend....

tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 880
Shouldn't it be Sweet Home Chicago.
They play it at every cubs game!
I think it would be a cool one to hear!
Tagged:

Comments

• CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Eddie in a leapord print vest and white t-shirt says "Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we'd like to play a little tune for you. It's one of my personal favorites and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today - Stone Gossard, this one's for you." Then sings Danka Schoen.
  • I'd go with bringing out Jeff Tweedy for Via Chicago. But I know that would never happen and honestly it would probably be a disaster if they tried to pull that off with or without Jeff lol.
  • CaptainBCaptainB Posts: 57
    my vote for likely chicago cover is let my love open the door
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    im sure "We'll Go All the Way" will be played even though that's not a cover
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 880
    pjalive21 said:

I'm super excited to hear that again..
    I guess if your not a Cubs fan it might not be your favorite. I am tho, and just love that song. Too bad Ernie won't be there again to sing it with him.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

pjalive21 said:

I guess if your not a Cubs fan it might not be your favorite. I am tho, and just love that song. Too bad Ernie won't be there again to sing it with him.
    that's why I wouldn't play it if I was PJ... leave that one a special memory... but we all know they will play it, maybe both shows
    edited August 2016
    my2hands said:

pjalive21 said:

that's why I wouldn't play it if I was PJ... leave that one a special memory... but we all know they will play it, maybe both shows
    Ahhhh man. I didn't really even think of that.
    I agree. They should almost just show the video of it from 2013. Then play come back afterwards..or whatever.

my2hands said:

pjalive21 said:

Ahhhh man. I didn't really even think of that.
    I agree. They should almost just show the video of it from 2013. Then play come back afterwards..or whatever.
    great idea...play at as a homage to 2013...what a moment that was especially with his passing not too long after...those of us there saw something special and as a Cardinals fan I can definitely appreciate that

• RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    Would a Cheap Trick cover qualify as Chicago-related?
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    It doesn't get much more Chicago than the song "Take Me Back to Chicago" by the band Chicago. (Truly one of the most underrated bands in the history of music)
    http://youtu.be/7GOXPTkjCwE
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

It doesn't get much more Chicago than the song "Take Me Back to Chicago" by the band Chicago. (Truly one of the most underrated bands in the history of music)
    http://youtu.be/7GOXPTkjCwE

got to see them live once in the later years and I agree completely underrated!

Come on now...Who plays all the brass? haha

myoung321 said:

It's Chicago! I'm sure they could scrounge up a sax player somewhere!
    edited August 2016
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="tylermoore">
    myoung321 said:

\\true..but didn't Chicago the band have like 6 brass players..

https://youtu.be/79vCiXg3njY<

goes with the shirt!

Post edited by myoung321 on

myoung321 said:

blockquote class="Quote" rel="tylermoore">

myoung321 said:

\\true..but didn't Chicago the band have like 6 brass players..

https://youtu.be/79vCiXg3njY<

goes with the shirt!

Love it!
    Shut up and take my money Pearl Jam!!!
    Except....don't shut up. Play loud loud music.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,336
    I wanna hear GO CUBS GO....
  • PL147960PL147960 Philadelphia Posts: 26
    25 or 6 to 4
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    PL147960 said:

25 or 6 to 4

I saw Chicago this summer - they finished with that - it was excellent!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    I love Chicago. If they played a Chicago song, "Beginnings" or "25 or 6 to 4"
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    CW55354 said:

Eddie in a leapord print vest and white t-shirt says "Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we'd like to play a little tune for you. It's one of my personal favorites and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today - Stone Gossard, this one's for you." Then sings Danka Schoen.

Ha!
    A fellow Bueller fan.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,366

I wanna hear GO CUBS GO....

bleh
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    I've always thought how freaking incredible it would be to hear When the Levee Breaks. "Going to Chicago!"
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

I've always thought how freaking incredible it would be to hear When the Levee Breaks. "Going to Chicago!"

My favorite Zepp song.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937

benjs said:

My favorite Zepp song.
    That, Since I've Been Loving You, The Rain Song for me. Three-way tie :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1