Pittsburgh listens to Eddie's advice

blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
and Jason Bay is now the leading voter getter in the National League. only Pujols has more votes in the entire league. It'll be nice seeing JB starting the game in Pittsburgh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sg219sg219 Posts: 24
    I could care less about Jason Bay. I'd rather see someone in the Allstar game that is GOOD!! Not just from the Pirates.

Woowee...

The Pirates don't deserve anyone in the ALLSTAR game. Maybe the ALLSUCK game.

No one on this Pirates team deserves any type of reward for their play. JB hasn't done shit inthe last month. Um...How many losses in a row now? 11? 12?

An ALLSTAR wins games for their team. They don't contribute to loosing them.

I would have rather heard Eddie talk about how to make paper snowflakes and when to change the oil in my car. Or talk smack on politians, like I expected.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    290 Average 25th in the NL
    20 HR 7th in the NL
    56 RBI 8th in the NL
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • sg219 wrote:
    I could care less about Jason Bay. I'd rather see someone in the Allstar game that is GOOD!! Not just from the Pirates.

Woowee...

The Pirates don't deserve anyone in the ALLSTAR game. Maybe the ALLSUCK game.

No one on this Pirates team deserves any type of reward for their play. JB hasn't done shit inthe last month. Um...How many losses in a row now? 11? 12?

An ALLSTAR wins games for their team. They don't contribute to loosing them.

I would have rather heard Eddie talk about how to make paper snowflakes and when to change the oil in my car. Or talk smack on politians, like I expected.

Yeah, Ernie Banks shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame either. You know, since there can't be good players on bad teams. If an ALLSTAR wins games for their team, certainly a Hall of Famer would, too. You could bat .450 with 90 home runs and it wouldn't do much to counter awful pitching. Maybe think before you open your mouth.

Today on ESPN radio Pittsburgh's Junker and Crowe show, they listed Eddie as an influence as why the voting has swung. I thought that was cool.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    Saying that an all star wins games is complete shit. When there's 9 guys in a line-up, even if Bay hit a triple each time he was up, that's not a for sure thing he'll come around to score (which if you weren't aware is the only way to win a game). So you're saying that Ichiro wasn't an allstar 2 years ago when he had the most hits EVER in a season because the mariners finished in last place in the AL west?
    Please. And what the fuck is a politian? Maybe you should ask Ed for spelling advice too!
    Bay 100% deserves to be an all-star.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • PJOceans11PJOceans11 Posts: 135
    its because the pirates stuffed the ballots because they have the all star game in the city...this has been well documented. that is also the only reason why sean casey has more votes than the 2nd best first baseman in the MLB Ryan Howard.
    9-1-00, 9-2-00, 4-28-03, 5-3-03, 7-1-03, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-5-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 10-1-04, 9-30-05, 10-1-05, 10-3-05, 5-13-06, 5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06, 6-3-06, 6-19-08, 6-20-08, 6-24-08 and 6-25-08.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Was I the only one who heard Pitt gets a show next year if Jason Bay gets it?

I CAN ONLY HOPE. PJ COME HOMMMMMMMME.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08