Options

Thank yous, the day after a LBC kinda day...

Comments

• Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2016
    This is news I know will make a lot of people happy...

!!!ALL TICKETS SECURED!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to the amazing donor who went to stubhub to make sure everyone is together in the same ADA section :):):)

Speaking earlier they asked for absolute anonymity which is guaranteed and also this generous soul has asked me to please say they hope others will be encouraged to support GTL as well and use the donate button on the website to make more dreams reality.

Also, I skyped with Christina briefly to let her know this morning as she was rushing off to the doc and she'll post later. She's just a teeny bit happy ;)

Oh, Joshie's in the second row \m/
    Post edited by IamTom on
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Washed said:

This thread is exactly how you start a day! Let us know how we can help make this trip/experience magical for Joshua.

@Washed Check the above post :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options

stina1118 said:

Joshua is beginning to think he's a rock star, so hopefully all of this love doesn't go to his head. Lol "Eddie Vedder sing to us"

Christina

I keep telling myself "I'm gonna see Pearl Jam WITH Joshua! How cool is that?!" So, your little guy IS a rockstar! I love your story more and more every time I read about it.
    -Brad

We're trying to find a way for Joshie to get down earlier and also a place that isn't going to be wall to wall with people. Christina and Josh want to say hello to as many of you as possible and thank you for your warmth, support and encouragement.

Given To Live -

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Beautiful ad infinitum, and I shall be donating.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Thanks Tom for all that you do. The news on this thread just seem to get better every post.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    IamTom said:

This is news I know will make a lot of people happy...

!!!ALL TICKETS SECURED!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to the amazing donor who went to stubhub to make sure everyone is together in the same ADA section :):):)

Speaking earlier they asked for absolute anonymity which is guaranteed and also this generous soul has asked me to please say they hope others will be encouraged to support GTL as well and use the donate button on the website to make more dreams reality.

Also, I skyped with Christina briefly to let her know this morning as she was rushing off to the doc and she'll post later. She's just a teeny bit happy ;)

Oh, Joshie's in the second row \m/

Holy smokes!!! People are amazing :heart:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Bully!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Tom is amazing!!

Open wrigley with:

1. Love Boat Captain
    2. Angel
    3. Given to Fly

For Joshua & Tom
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Ray J. T. said:

Thanks Tom for all that you do. The news on this thread just seem to get better every post.

Thank you, Ray.

Doesn't it just!
    Given To Live -

• Options
    ed243421 said:

Tom is amazing!!

Open wrigley with:

1. Love Boat Captain
    2. Angel
    3. Given to Fly

For Joshua & Tom

That would be really quite spectacular!

If Joshie got LBC dedicated again I'd be the happiest man in town outside of Joshie and his dad.
    Given To Live -

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :clap::clap::clap: speechless and just couldn't be more thrilled!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    stina1118stina1118 Illinois Posts: 151
    This is so crazy!!!! I'm struggling to comprehend any of this. I don't think I even care about the show (that much) any more, I just can't wait to see his face light up and his eyes widen when they come on the stage.

All I keep thinking about was how badly he wanted to be closer at Philly. It was like he wanted to dive down and join everyone on the floor. Now he will be part of that. I never thought sitting close to the stage would be an option for him.

Many of us know what rail feels like that first time. It's mind blowing. I can't wait to see how he takes it all in.

Without a doubt, this is going to impact him in a huge way. That's right... We don't need Christmas, we have the best damn band in the world.. And some of the coolest PJ friends ever.

My heart is bursting. I can't wait for us to meet you all.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Just pure awesomeness!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    stina1118 said:

This is so crazy!!!! I'm struggling to comprehend any of this. I don't think I even care about the show (that much) any more, I just can't wait to see his face light up and his eyes widen when they come on the stage.

All I keep thinking about was how badly he wanted to be closer at Philly. It was like he wanted to dive down and join everyone on the floor. Now he will be part of that. I never thought sitting close to the stage would be an option for him.

Many of us know what rail feels like that first time. It's mind blowing. I can't wait to see how he takes it all in.

Without a doubt, this is going to impact him in a huge way. That's right... We don't need Christmas, we have the best damn band in the world.. And some of the coolest PJ friends ever.

Hopefully they will get a shot of Joshua and display it up in the big screen for all of us to see his reaction. This is definitely going to be very special and memorable for him. We are all extremely excited for him. Can't wait. See all you guys in a week. Love Boat Captain will take the reigns.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    :clap:
    GREAT!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    stina1118 said:

stina1118 said:

<3<3<3

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    I think a little fundraiser is needed for this young man again......

I'll get something up here asap. I wanna see that Smile even wider.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Beautiful ad infinitum, and I shall be donating.

Thank you and donation gratefully received :)
    Given To Live -

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

I think a little fundraiser is needed for this young man again......

I'll get something up here asap. I wanna see that Smile even wider.

Thank you, Paul :)
    Given To Live -

• Options
    They've gotta play LBC night 2 right?

https://youtu.be/O07mu7jjugc
    Given To Live -

• Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    An incredible and heart warming story about generosity, effort, and compassion. Well done to everyone directly involved with this GTL endeavour.
  • Options
    BF89905 said:

An incredible and heart warming story about generosity, effort, and compassion. Well done to everyone directly involved with this GTL endeavour.

Thank you :)

We've also booked a hotel for the Swansons so Joshua has time to get a breath after the journey in and so he's not got a journey after.
    Given To Live -

• Options
    IamTom said:

BF89905 said:

We've also booked a hotel for the Swansons so Joshua has time to get a breath after the journey in and so he's not got a journey after.
    GTL only continues to amaze and go the extra mile. Sending a donation later today. Amazing work by Tom and this organization. Hope to see you guys in about a week! Cant wait to see Joshua's reaction when the band takes the stage.
  • Options
    Today we had a showing at our house, so I had to pack up the munchkins and take them out for a bit. So I took them to the firehouse to see Dad at work.

Joshua decided to put on a little show, while listening to PJ. He didn't know he was being filmed, so he wasn't distracted by the camera.

https://youtu.be/6cs8YZTFzUk
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

IamTom said:

BF89905 said:

GTL only continues to amaze and go the extra mile. Sending a donation later today. Amazing work by Tom and this organization. Hope to see you guys in about a week! Cant wait to see Joshua's reaction when the band takes the stage.
    Thank you, Ray.

Our ethos is to support, make a difference and also take as much pressure/stress of whoever we're taking to a show.

Sometimes things as simple as getting a drink at a gig can be a huge ordeal if you're looking after someone with needs, so GTL does all we can to make the ride as smooth as possible in any way we can.
    Given To Live -

• Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    stina1118 said:

Today we had a showing at our house, so I had to pack up the munchkins and take them out for a bit. So I took them to the firehouse to see Dad at work.

Joshua decided to put on a little show, while listening to PJ. He didn't know he was being filmed, so he wasn't distracted by the camera.

https://youtu.be/6cs8YZTFzUk

Love it! Have an amazing time at Wrigley 2 Joshua xo
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    IamTom said:

Nice shirt!!!! :wink:

Josh is a rock star. I can't believe I will get to share Wrigley 2 with Josh and family! I was being down to Animal on my ride home a but ago! Great version. Can't wait for the show!

I'm not going to pretend I know what you guys go thru. But Josh is just so handsome and has excellent taste in music :smiley:. We're always here if you need us.

Thanks for the new video! Love that smile! Just melts me.

Thank you Mr Swanson for your service.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

IamTom said:

Nice shirt!!!! :wink:

Josh is a rock star. I can't believe I will get to share Wrigley 2 with Josh and family! I was being down to Animal on my ride home a but ago! Great version. Can't wait for the show!

I'm not going to pretend I know what you guys go thru. But Josh is just so handsome and has excellent taste in music :smiley:. We're always here if you need us.

Thanks for the new video! Love that smile! Just melts me.

Thank you Mr Swanson for your service.
    Thank you my foxy friend! Josh's dad (Josh also) isn't on here much, but I passed along the message. He really appreciated that! ❤️

We'd all love to give you a hug when we SEE you next week.
  • Options
    Last night, I spoke with the ticket donor. He truly is an amazing guy. Genuine, kind and a good personality. I hope to have a beer or two with him one day, I enjoyed chit chatting and learning more about him.

When he explained the story behind the donation, he wanted me to understand that the donation wasn’t out of sympathy or because of his condition… It was for Joshua and his passion for music.

This was actually one of the most touching things about this whole thing, those words.

When Joshua was young, I had to go through a process that many special needs parents go through. You have to grieve the loss of many things that you expect your child to experience.

Walking was one of them. He may do it one day and I believe in him. But, for a long time, I would obsess about it. Will he? Won’t he? Things like that.

Once I let go of the norm, I never saw the downside again. My son is beautiful and has an appreciation for life that most of us will never have. He doesn’t know fear, sadness (except when PJ ends). You know that “happy place” in your head. That’s where Joshua lives most of the time. In that sense, he’s luckier than all of us, especially in times like these.

When I posted last year about Joshua, I just wanted to know that we had support around us when we would take him to a show. We don’t exactly blend in and I was just hoping for a few smiling faces and maybe a couple high fives.

I wanted him. Us. To feel accepted. You guys surely accepted us and took it above and beyond. All of us here kind of suck at getting attention and it gets so (lovingly) overwhelming accepting gifts. It honestly pushes out of our comfort zone, which is a really good thing.

Enjoy your week everyone! Good luck getting anything done with PJ brain all week. :)

Hearts & thoughts,
    Christina
  • Options
    stina1118 said:

Last night, I spoke with the ticket donor. He truly is an amazing guy. Genuine, kind and a good personality. I hope to have a beer or two with him one day, I enjoyed chit chatting and learning more about him.

When he explained the story behind the donation, he wanted me to understand that the donation wasn’t out of sympathy or because of his condition… It was for Joshua and his passion for music.

This was actually one of the most touching things about this whole thing, those words.

When Joshua was young, I had to go through a process that many special needs parents go through. You have to grieve the loss of many things that you expect your child to experience.

Walking was one of them. He may do it one day and I believe in him. But, for a long time, I would obsess about it. Will he? Won’t he? Things like that.

Once I let go of the norm, I never saw the downside again. My son is beautiful and has an appreciation for life that most of us will never have. He doesn’t know fear, sadness (except when PJ ends). You know that “happy place” in your head. That’s where Joshua lives most of the time. In that sense, he’s luckier than all of us, especially in times like these.

When I posted last year about Joshua, I just wanted to know that we had support around us when we would take him to a show. We don’t exactly blend in and I was just hoping for a few smiling faces and maybe a couple high fives.

I wanted him. Us. To feel accepted. You guys surely accepted us and took it above and beyond. All of us here kind of suck at getting attention and it gets so (lovingly) overwhelming accepting gifts. It honestly pushes out of our comfort zone, which is a really good thing.

Enjoy your week everyone! Good luck getting anything done with PJ brain all week. :)
    An be.
    Hearts & thoughts,
    Christina

Couldn't agree more on the way you just described Joshua. And this is the way we all see him. A young man who is just full of life and joy. It's individuals like Joshua who remind us how to have a certain outlook on life and maintain a certain perspective. And as long as you guys are having nothing but a good time with us at any of the shows, you will always be blending in as you guys are always one in the same like any other one of us. I am truly looking forward to having an opportunity to see Joshua's face light up (Hopefully on the big screen) as the band takes the stage. Hope to see Mike come up right to him and give him a high five. We are now less than a week away and I can only imagine just how much excitement Joshua has been building up. As Foxy mentioned before, I would like to give Dad a big thank you for his selflessness through the fire services. As a former fireman myself I know just how demanding the job can be. I spoke with Tom yesterday, and was very pleased to hear that everybody has been completely taken care of, and all accommodations have been made for the upcoming shows. As I told Tom as well, If there is any other way that we can help please let us know as this community is "right by your side" (leash) Ha Ha. We are only a few days away from seeing the Love Boat Captain taking the reigns once again. See you guys soon.