*** Jacksonville, FL Fanviews Here 4/13/16 ***

Comments

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I end my fla run in Jax and then that happens in SC? Congrats gamecocks
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Jax was awesome. I'm glad we got the set list we did with the fans we had.

That said, PJ is fucking killing it on this tour! This will definitely be one of those tours that I have to buy the bootlegs for every show.

Keep it up, fellas!

LIVE!!!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    The crowd at kax was the best of all usa i saw in the past
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • datfly1datfly1 Posts: 27

Some Rival action......
    https://youtu.be/gsTkYBcExlE
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    On set list.com black is listed with a Thumbing My Way tag

Is that right?
  • sclinvillesclinville Posts: 125
    yep
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • kmac1976kmac1976 Posts: 84
    datfly1 said:

Some Rival action......

I will pogo the shit out of this song if they play at MSG. Thanks for sharing!
    datfly1 said:

Some Rival action......

THE SONG IS AMAZING LIVE!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    man,,as lomng i thjink it..i cant stioll believe that epic thing happened to me..thank u eddie
    JJ278903 said:

Thanks to all for making my first GA experience so special. Living in FL the past 15 years with responsibilities that keep me from traveling too far (though made a last minute trip to Charlottesville in 2013 with one of my daughters!), I wait desperately for the band to come to FL. Was worried about JAX fans not showing up to the show, but so happy to see a full arena. Not much to add to the comments so far. It was an unforgettable show. It was so special because I was with my other teenage daughter (her second PJ show, Tampa '08 was her first), Like everyone else said, an amazing group in the GA line and arena, so welcoming to a first-timer and his daughter (big shout-out to Casey and her brother from New Orleans-hope the 10-hour drive there and back was worth it)! Was standing just back from the rail from Mike and Jeff, my life-long dream. Mike (and the whole band) was so giving to the GA crowd, something you can't see from the nose-bleed seats I've had before. Ed and the set list were was amazing (I've now heard all my favorite songs live), but my lasting memories were Mike giving his guitar slide to a 10-year old boy that had been in front on me all night (and his mom holding him up so he could see) and Mike saying to a fan in front of me during RITFW that the "next song was for her", which was Ledbetter/SS Banner. I remember Ed looking over at Mike surprised he wanted to play one more song when he started into YL. I was in tears by the end of YL/SSB; Mike is f-ing amazing! Thank you SO MUCH to the band for still giving back to the fans after 25 years (even in ol' podunk Jacksonville FL)!

AWESOME REVIEW!!

Been a while since I posted but had to say something about the Jacksonville show and overall experience. First of all, I simply had the best time before during and after the show. i basically road tripped with my great friend The Rob and met some of my new favorite people.

As far as the show, it was of the chain. The combination of an ever building set list, a band that was clearly jazzed after one of the best second halfs of a show I have seen (in Tampa) and a first time crowd that totally brough it. Made it a top 5 show for me. Rival! and especially my first Of The Earth made me lose my sh%4. And then of course, there was Dimi. One of my favorite people on the planet and my current roomie (lol) had one of the once in a lifetime moments which he and those that he has touched over the years will never forget. Can't tell you what it meant to see it in person, but I couldn't stop smiling/crying.

BTW, the preparty was a total blast and got to hang with some amazing people including Kristen.

Thanks everyone for the best road trip I ever had.

Adam

YOU ASRE MY FAVORITE PERSON AND BEST FRIEND..THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING
    e..Jacksonville was thne only setlist of this tour that has songs from all 10 studio albums!!!wow!!!
  • SS657083SS657083 Posts: 123

e..Jacksonville was thne only setlist of this tour that has songs from all 10 studio albums!!!wow!!!

It was a special show - especially for you! I'm listening to the boot now. That and the Tampa show are on heavy rotation here.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    The energy in jacksonville was unreal.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    The Jacksonville show made me unexpextedly stand-by for a seat on 4 dif flights to get to Toronto and back home. I spent 6 hrs at the venue and 24 hrs travelling. But the TOR 2 crowd, energy, set list and band performance made me suddenly understand why I do such things....the hope, energy and love they bring is compounding in a world that so badly needs it. They play great music, but also they are healing people's souls, and they know it.

Thank you for knowing, Pearl Jam.
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Didn't Lauderdale as well?
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    I was visiting from Nashville a childhood friend of mine who is a local from Jacksonville. Long story short,he was arrested for a DUI 2 hours before the start of the show. I ended up in the GA solo. Gave his ticket to a random guy who had seats. I wish my friend could have experienced what i did with Ghost,Rival,and Smile.
    EM194007 said:

Didn't Lauderdale as well?
    yes,,didnt see light years at my first count..cos was at encore 2,,,when nthey never play binaural songs there
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Just watched Black video from Jax on youtube...loved the thumbing my way tag for the guy standing in front of me on the rail. (I think it was pjpaul?) Such a special moment for him and all of us there. Thanks Eddie!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.

Just watched Black video from Jax on youtube...loved the thumbing my way tag for the guy standing in front of me on the rail. (I think it was pjpaul?) Such a special moment for him and all of us there. Thanks Eddie!!

That was amazing!!
  • JamescolemanJamescoleman Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    It was a Great Show. I had a great time with all the awesome fans in Jacksonville. The Better Man version is one of the best I've ever heard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUMLcDvI3Q
    Post edited by Jamescoleman on
    receive the poster rtoday!its away better in person!!love it
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203

That poster was god aweful! The show on the other hand was a missed gem by thise who couldnt attend. I was the guy standing right in front of you the whole show. I was singing my ass off of which i apologize for. Smile was my cherry on the sundae.
    joseph33 said:

That poster was god aweful! The show on the other hand was a missed gem by thise who couldnt attend. I was the guy standing right in front of you the whole show. I was singing my ass off of which i apologize for. Smile was my cherry on the sundae.
    Haha!!!we had a blast!!
  • ipolluxipollux Desert Posts: 9
    Absolutely loved the set list on this one.
    ipollux said:

Absolutely loved the set list on this one.

My favo of 2016
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    The most fun I've had in GA!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5