Pearl Jam Forums on iPad do not work

benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
edited August 2016 in Technical Stuff and Help
Does anyone check these threads for issues? The iPad version of the forums only display the first post on each thread on Safari. Works perfectly on Chrome, so there must be some wonky User Agent configuration.

EDIT: I'm a dummy! My ad blocker was blocking comments - who'd have thunk!

The issues I'm still having:
1. When I go Back to a Categories section on a browser on my phone, I am either shown as not logged in, or the browser does not go back down to my position I left the page at (a very typical feature on most reading-heavy sites)
2. The white space still bugs the crap out of me on my computer
3. On non-mobile devices, the default width is often wider than the browser window. Obviously this makes reading threads very annoying
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Post edited by benjs on

Comments

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Is anyone else having this issue?

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yes i have this issue, it says im logged in but when i get to forum page i am not so when i hit the log in button it leads me to a blank page saying connecting and nothing happens..
    just for 10c to acknowledge..
    thanks
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    JWPearl said:

yes i have this issue, it says im logged in but when i get to forum page i am not so when i hit the log in button it leads me to a blank page saying connecting and nothing happens..
    thanks

Different issue than the one I'm having! Sea - by the way, this is an iPad Pro 9.7" (and I've seen the same on an iPad mini as well), if your dev team needs that information. It occurs when the site is loaded on both Portrait and Landscape modes. Thank you for responding :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    JWPearl said:

thanks

Having exact same issue here! Now it won't even accept my log in information after typing it in correctly 2 times. Stating I will be locked out after 5 attempts. I just happened to had been logged on from my iPhone which seems to work fine. Any solutions?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    I reset my pasword, which nnow requires upper and lower numbers and special characters before the reset button lights up to make it offical.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    To add to my first post:
    1. When I go Back to a Categories section on a browser on my phone, I am either shown as not logged in, or the browser does not go back down to my position I left the page at (a very typical feature on most reading-heavy sites)
    3. On non-mobile devices, the default width is often wider than the browser window. Obviously this makes reading threads very annoying
    4. My first post about the forums being literally unusable on an iPad at this point. No comments are listed except the very first on each thread

EV
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    benjs said:

To add to my first post:
    4. My first post about the forums being literally unusable on an iPad at this point. No comments are listed except the very first on each thread

There's obviously a lot of trial and error going on with the site. I'm guessing they don't have a secondary environment to test in, all these problems being evidence.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    Gtilley8 said:

benjs said:

To add to my first post:

There's obviously a lot of trial and error going on with the site. I'm guessing they don't have a secondary environment to test in, all these problems being evidence.
    Agreed. Having been in IT for a bit, there's huge value in having a testing environment. I would gladly spend my PJ Forums time in a beta environment, if requested - and I'm sure many others here would too.

EV
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Test, posting from Safari on iPad.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:

Glad to hear this project is alive! On my iPad, I see my original post, and nothing else.

EV
    Test, posting from PJ app on iPad.
    benjs said:

Kat said:

Glad to hear this project is alive! On my iPad, I see my original post, and nothing else.
    Hi Benjs, :)
    Do you have lots of room left on your iPad? Under Settings and About, it shows I have 9GB of room left.
    Kat said:

benjs said:

Kat said:

Hi Benjs, :)
    Do you have lots of room left on your iPad? Under Settings and About, it shows I have 9GB of room left.
    Hey Kat! Thanks for working with me on this :)

256GB iPad, with 198GB left!

EV
    Nice. Well, I'm no techie, unfortunately, but I do think the techs will get it figured out. I just jumped in to try and help. Thanks for your patience. :)
    Kat - please disregard this!!! I installed a Content Blocker, and while I thought it was restricted to just ad blocking, I found a setting to "Block Comments" that was active. So happy to have my home back on my mobile device :)

Thanks for your help!

EV
    Kat said:

Nice. Well, I'm no techie, unfortunately, but I do think the techs will get it figured out. I just jumped in to try and help. Thanks for your patience. :)

Really appreciate it, Kat! See above - all good now :)

EV
    Sweeeeet. So glad it was something easy to fix. :)