Wrigley GA - How will it work?

BobbyPJamBobbyPJam Santa Clarita, CA Posts: 7
I have GA tix for Wrigley 2. This will be my first GA show. How early should I plan to arrive to make sure I am at least somewhat close?

Is it the kinda thing where I need to plan to camp out front the night before the show? Or even earlier than that? Or are they going to do something like Foo does with numbered wristbands?
Tagged:

Comments

• jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    2013 was a bit of a mess with the rain, I remember hearing a few rants from people who lined up got a good spot for 4 songs, had to evacuate the field and then came back much further back then they left.

Here is a good write up of the line for GA and the day in 2013

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2013/09/02/pearl-jam-at-wrigley-field-a-summers-end-rewind/

From all the running I would bring your track shoes if you want to compete.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Had GA at the 2013 show. We went and asked where the entrance was and they showed us where it would be, but told us no one could line up until 4pm. so we came back at 3:45 and got in line and they opened doors at 5:30 I think and ended up like 5 people deep in between Mike and Eddie (pre-storm). I would go down the day before or that morning and find out where the lineup is and when you can line up.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    I guess the question on this is how many GA tickets did they sell. Someone posted the seating chart from 13 and this years shows. There GA section in '13 was the middle only, with seperate seated sections on the sides. Apparently due to the wide angle, the views from those side sections weren't very good. This year the expanded the pit to sections that were seated at the last show. I don't' feel the need to get there to early to be 5th row, but I do want to show up early enough that I'm not stuck way off to the side.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Omg...it's closer than ANYONE ELSE in the stadium..so don't worry. Everyone is behind you so just walk in whenever you want and be happy.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Find out where to line up in advance from someone at the venue.
    Then go around telling everyone else that the lineup is in a different spot.
    BOOM!
    A good spot.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Line up the day before for the rail.
    Line up the morning of the show for the rail, on the side.
    Line up at 7pm for row 3.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    edited July 2016

Omg...it's closer than ANYONE ELSE in the stadium..so don't worry. Everyone is behind you so just walk in whenever you want and be happy.

You got that right, man. I never understand the people that stress about being on the rail to the point that they sleep on the sidewalk all night. I'm perfectly happy strolling in an hour before kick off even if I'm 10-15 people back (or ever farther). As long as I'm in the GA section I know I'm closer than 95% of all the other people there.
    Post edited by AceCool on
  • RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163

To be fair it is a concern because the GA section goes across the entire field. I have no problem being at the back of the GA so I can have space and not worry about having to get back to my friend but I want to be within the stage posts.

Being stuck outside that angle looks like it'd be terrible and worse than being further back. It's my first GA and I am wondering similar questions about how early to at least not be outside the stage.
    AceCool said:

You got that right, bro. I never understand the people that stress about being on the rail to the point that they sleep on the sidewalk all night. I'm perfectly happy strolling in an hour before kick off even if I'm 10-15 people back (or ever farther). As long as I'm in the GA section I know I'm closer than 95% of all the other people there.
    Not a "bro"
    GA won't be packed full, don't worry

AceCool said:

You got that right, bro. I never understand the people that stress about being on the rail to the point that they sleep on the sidewalk all night. I'm perfectly happy strolling in an hour before kick off even if I'm 10-15 people back (or ever farther). As long as I'm in the GA section I know I'm closer than 95% of all the other people there.
    Not a "bro"
    Sorry, dude. I wasn't trying to denigrate. I fixed it.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Neither the people that want to be on the rail or the people who are 'happy to be in the building' will ever fully understand the other.
    www.cluthelee.com

Neither the people that want to be on the rail or the people who are 'happy to be in the building' will ever fully understand the other.

I'm stuck in the middle of those two. I don't have it in me to wait long enough for rail. I'm also not content with being at the back of a venue. I agree concerts are better up front, but you have to find your balance of how much waiting you want to do vs. how close you'll end up.

The only GA I've been in so far was Vancouver 2013 and we grabbed our tickets around 2pm and the "list" had over 100 people on it. That wasn't going to get us rail so we bought merch, went back to the hotel to drop it off, met Mike McCready when leaving the hotel, and good/dinner beers. Got back for doors at 6:30 and ended up about 6th row straight in front of Ed. That was a good day :)

That's kind of what some of us are wondering about. I guess it would be ok if they sold the same amount of GA tickets as they did in 2013, but if they sold more due to taking over the sections on the sides.. it could make for some bad viewing areas. I suppose you're probably find unless you show up really close to start time.
  • GA won't be packed full, don't worry

Why do u think that? It looks like GA is like twice as big from 2013.

"This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • jomary said:

2013 was a bit of a mess with the rain, I remember hearing a few rants from people who lined up got a good spot for 4 songs, had to evacuate the field and then came back much further back then they left.

Here is a good write up of the line for GA and the day in 2013

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2013/09/02/pearl-jam-at-wrigley-field-a-summers-end-rewind/

From all the running I would bring your track shoes if you want to compete.

Nice read. So they numbered the real early ones and asked them to leave until later? Seems fair.

"This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."

Keep in mind that we are not just talking about the rail vs happy to be in the building but, more specifically, rail vs happy to be in the building but actually right up in the very front section closest to the stage. As long as I'm up in the GA section I'm good. I've heard of people leaving the show early (one in which they most likely camped on line over night) to go get back in line to sleep overnight for the next night's show. All that goes on while I'm enjoying the rest of the show before heading to the bar for beverages before I head to a nice comfortable bed and then relaxing the next day before strolling in an hour before the show starts and I end up maybe 10' behind those diehard railbirds.
  • BobbyPJamBobbyPJam Santa Clarita, CA Posts: 7
    So in that link, there was a photo that showed a middle front section that was GA and then seated sections along the side. What I'm hearing is that those seated side sections will also be GA this time around?

I was picturing the entire field being GA and was worried I'd be a hundred fifty feet back, standing on the pitcher's mound, unless I camped out.

Now that seems unnecessary.

Although, if they honor that number system again, it might be worth it to wake up early on Monday and head over just in case.

Thanks a million for all the input guys and girls. I love this community so much. I really should be more active.
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    There could be hundreds of people in GA who can't see shit because of the angle, even if the space is only 2/3 full.

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    If anyone is concerned, I have reserved pairs for both nights. I will trade with you for your GA tickets, no joke.
  • The key is to find the person with the black marker
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Anyone have a spare GA for #1? :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894

Very similar to the people that wait 4hrs in line with 90 degree heat for a poster and those that just want to hang out in AC with a beer :)
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    it will rain really hard and they will be forced to clear the field mid show and everyone will lose their spot after waiting for 18hours in a line

Why do u think that? It looks like GA is like twice as big from 2013.

Because it can't be packed...regulations and all...Philly 2 GA was full up cause a bunch of people got in who didn't belong.