Options

Free Fenway Show Screening Party .. Tonight!!

Comments

• Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Woohoo, I'm in!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,743
    Congrats to all that scored!

Now, who's planning to Periscope live stream this screening party for us online? image
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 519
    Can't wait for the screening!

Kudos to PJ for, as I'm assuming and if I'm correct, renting out the House of Blues and giving their 10C fans free tickets. Band never stops being the greatest.
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    DM282158 said:

Can't wait for the screening!

Kudos to PJ for, as I'm assuming and if I'm correct, renting out the House of Blues and giving their 10C fans free tickets. Band never stops being the greatest.

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111

Received confirmation at 2:33 EST! See y'all there!!! SECRET PJ SHOW!!!

Don't get your hopes up... Don't get mine up either! :lol:
    I'm trying not to get my hopes either; I'm just real happy I won too; glad to see you won SVRDhand13, you were real helpful with the public sale for Fenway, good things happen to good people!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,809
    marcos said:

Received confirmation at 2:33 EST! See y'all there!!! SECRET PJ SHOW!!!

Don't get your hopes up... Don't get mine up either! :lol:
    I'm trying not to get my hopes either; I'm just real happy I won too; glad to see you won SVRDhand13, you were real helpful with the public sale for Fenway, good things happen to good people!
    Thanks marcos. Glad you won too!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2016
    Ms2hands and I will be in attendance

Fuck a secret show, I'm just hoping they have movie theater popcorn! :)
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    AscotInCanadaAscotInCanada Ontario Posts: 13
    Bummed that i never won tickets for the Saturday Screening show 96% chance when i entered. At least i am actually going Friday night to Fenway and it is going to be AWESOME..So happy driving all the way from Ontario for this show..Any fellow Canadians going down and want to get tipsy with a scotsman prior to the Friday night show let me know
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    They won't play three nights in a row. Maybe if this was two arena shows, but I can't possible see them playing a show in between two major Fenway Park shows. They'll be dead tired an hour into the third night.

That very reason I won't get my hopes up. But yeah, I really hope I'm wrong. Maybe they'll have a meet and greet or something with the band.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Plus - when would they perform? After the screening at 11:30?
    Unless the whole screening thing is a lie, and they're playing a single, short acoustic set. :)
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    ImBrocks3ImBrocks3 Posts: 1
    I'm in, an extra hotel will be worth it since we are not going to the Friday show. Should be fun!
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    Screening from 6:00-9:00; PJ plays 10:00-11:00 or something like that. And the last time they played 3 straight shows, the VH1 Storytellers show was sandwiched in between. Not saying that this anything more than a film screening, just saying it's definitely possible.
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    I'm so stoked to have won tickets as I will miss nite 1. Can't think of a better way to watch the show on a big screen, pro shot, great audio, with 2000 of PJ best fans. I'm gonna say that having an hour to ask questions to the video director makes little sense. What does make sense is a 1 hour acoustic set with PJ and some of their most loyal fans. I'm happy either way but it just sounds like it is more probable than not we will see this happening. This is the kind of stuff Pearl Jam does. It is PJ25 baby! Don't forget that...they are on top of their game this tour, happier than ever, ed is in great shape, and they are pulling out all the stops in celebration of them, the fans, and the music. It was just a few weeks ago that they pulled a surprise show at 3rd man records.

Pretty convincing, eh?
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    An hour Q & A with director? What questions could we possibly ask him to fill up all that time? Can you tell us why you chose this particular angle to shoot mike during evenflow? Please elaborate extensively.
  • Options
    I will add this. 3 hour show, 1-1.5 acoustic show, 3 hour show over three days...who ever is questioning whether this a problem for Pearl Jam has to be joking. This is the ultimate live band ever. They have 2 weeks off before their next gig and 2000 of their most loyal fans in one room all jacked up after watching the first night show in movie theater style for the first time ever. Sounds like something Ed and the boys would love to do. In fact, buy not charging us they are paying us to do it---how rad is that? These guys have always been about making that special nite, one experience topping the next...can you think of a better way to do that?

Pretty convincing, eh?
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    If they come out, with all 2000 of us amped up after watching them movie style, the House of Blues will literally have no roof. It will blow off.

They know this, they want this.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options

An hour Q & A with director? What questions could we possibly ask him to fill up all that time? Can you tell us why you chose this particular angle to shoot mike during evenflow? Please elaborate extensively.

lol, my sentiments exactly. I hate to say this, but I selfishly held back all of my thoughts about this happening before the lottery ended...didn't want more folks than necessary entering the lotto...I think it is pretty obvious...again, stoked either way:)
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    dogrockitdogrockit Posts: 115
    Shut out. Whose got an extra?
  • Options
    mcrok said:

I will add this. 3 hour show, 1-1.5 acoustic show, 3 hour show over three days...who ever is questioning whether this a problem for Pearl Jam has to be joking. This is the ultimate live band ever. They have 2 weeks off before their next gig and 2000 of their most loyal fans in one room all jacked up after watching the first night show in movie theater style for the first time ever. Sounds like something Ed and the boys would love to do. In fact, buy not charging us they are paying us to do it---how rad is that? These guys have always been about making that special nite, one experience topping the next...can you think of a better way to do that?

Pretty convincing, eh?

When was the last time they played three nights in a row...10 years ago? Mic drop...

Hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,743

Plus - when would they perform? After the screening at 11:30?
    Unless the whole screening thing is a lie, and they're playing a single, short acoustic set. :)

• Options
    Did anyone score tickets that also scored Fenway tickets through the 10C? Maybe their plan is to show up and play for the members who got shut out of the shows (or shut out of the Friday show). The members who got shut out can also get a chance to see the show during the screening. Whatever the case, think it'd be a fun night either way. Congrats to those who got em!
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    By the time August 6th rolls around, I'm expecting some full blown rumors of a show taking place that night. Someone will know a guy that knows someone's sister who's friends with staff at the HOB. And then the blowback on Sunday morning from people who thought it was a guarantee to happen.

Although I would not be surprised if Mike (or maybe Boom) did show up to say hello.
  • Options
    There was a rumor that Neil Young was at Telluride this weekend. There are always rumors.....
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    mcrok said:

Pretty convincing, eh?

I just peed a little ;) Either way I'm stoked to be able to go and hey, I finally have a cool place to rock out my PJ Vans. (Yes, I have a backup pair I won't ruin lol)
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    jxchamb1jxchamb1 Posts: 82

There was a rumor that Neil Young was at Telluride this weekend. There are always rumors.....

But I know for a fact that Pearl Jam will be in the Boston area during the weekend of August 5th.
    Also, here's something to chew on...there's a House of Blues in Chicago.
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    I lost but my brother won!! So excited.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    cblock77cblock77 Posts: 36

Considering he's touring in Europe this past month, hopefully that rumor didn't have too much legs.
  • Options
    ptracy26ptracy26 Posts: 16
    jxchamb1 said:

But I know for a fact that Pearl Jam will be in the Boston area during the weekend of August 5th.
    Also, here's something to chew on...there's a House of Blues in Chicago.
    It will be at the Cubby Bear