I still use CL for meeting women.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533

I actually very randomly met my ex-husband on CL (not in the dating section) .... so I wouldn't recommend doing this. :lol:;) Actually, a woman I work with met her husband on CL too, and they seem happy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

I actually very randomly met my ex-husband on CL (not in the dating section) .... so I wouldn't recommend doing this. :lol:;) Actually, a woman I work with met her husband on CL too, and they seem happy.
    Ex- husband???? I didnt know!!! :open_mouth:
    What section did you meet him on, Home & Gardening?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Ex- husband???? I didnt know!!! :open_mouth:
    What section did you meet him on, Home & Gardening?
    Well, common-law husband, same diff to me. Met him through the rants & raves section, when I posted something stupid and he replied with something equally stupid. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Never trust stupid internet people.
    :whistle:

StubHub has the refund in the worst case scenario. I have used StubHub probably 100x without any problem whatsoever. Always as advertised, always on time, no worries.
    For games/shows/events that I travel for there is no way I would use any other secondary market not affiliated with the venue in some way.
    I get that people get all asshurt when others pay big money on Stubhub -- and I don't want to. But -- in some cases there are not many options.
    Adele -- I would rather smash my cock with a hammer than have to go and see her. My wife, however, loves her. She was upset when she went to buy tickets for the concert in Philly months ago and it sold out in minutes, just like any in-demand show these days.
    We have been watching it for months since then. For Mother's Day I told her I would buy her two tickets to see the show (where she can actually see) come hell or high water. [And her sister can go with her!]
    Today's view? $280 for a bullshit, you cannot really even see top deck seat. Upper tank high seats on stage side are in $300-$400 range.
    $453 for the cheapest lower bowl seat. $600 for each seat for anything I consider a good chair for my wife.
    Do I want to spend this amount? Heck no! Do I think it is ridiculous? Heck yes!
    Would I risk $300-$600 per ticket and a $600-$1200 transaction with someone I met through CL? Not on your best day. Not happening, ever.
    Worst case scenario would be the sold out and refund (which I have never heard of outside of a Super Bowl) and I would feel badly for her.
    Going StubHub all of the way.
    Haters can hate.
    I'm sending my wife to see Adele and getting to stay at home with the kids. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2016

StubHub has the refund in the worst case scenario. I have used StubHub probably 100x without any problem whatsoever. Always as advertised, always on time, no worries.
    For games/shows/events that I travel for there is no way I would use any other secondary market not affiliated with the venue in some way.
    I get that people get all asshurt when others pay big money on Stubhub -- and I don't want to. But -- in some cases there are not many options.
    Adele -- I would rather smash my cock with a hammer than have to go and see her. My wife, however, loves her. She was upset when she went to buy tickets for the concert in Philly months ago and it sold out in minutes, just like any in-demand show these days.
    We have been watching it for months since then. For Mother's Day I told her I would buy her two tickets to see the show (where she can actually see) come hell or high water. [And her sister can go with her!]
    Today's view? $280 for a bullshit, you cannot really even see top deck seat. Upper tank high seats on stage side are in $300-$400 range.
    $453 for the cheapest lower bowl seat. $600 for each seat for anything I consider a good chair for my wife.
    Would I risk $300-$600 per ticket and a $600-$1200 transaction with someone I met through CL? Not on your best day. Not happening, ever.
    Worst case scenario would be the sold out and refund (which I have never heard of outside of a Super Bowl) and I would feel badly for her.
    Haters can hate.

Hey, my wife wants to see Adele, too.

Maybe I'll get her a bluray or something.

I thought these were paperless entry, your-credit-card-is-your-ticket tickets.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dankind said:

Haters can hate.

Or maybe you can just decide that she is Mrs. FMe's sister and all is taken care of. I hear that Mrs. FMe will have a +1 ticket. :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

dankind said:

Haters can hate.

Or maybe you can just decide that she is Mrs. FMe's sister and all is taken care of. I hear that Mrs. FMe will have a +1 ticket. :smiley:
    Heh! Yeah. Round-trip airfare to Philly and back is probably cheaper that a single Adele ticket.

But I think F Me will still have to go to Philly to meet the seller so that his wife and SIL can enter the arena. Pretty sure he's not going to send them to do that on their own. Him being a gentleman and all.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Great location dankind...

Great song... think I'm going to pop in some neil this morning
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I didnt see anything about that DK, thanks for the heads up. Happy to go to pick up the tickets for her, so long as it is stubhub. If it is CL, I would expect to be chloroformed and butt raped in the back of a van.
  • Options

If it is CL, I would expect to be chloroformed and butt raped in the back of a van.

Hey, don't knock it till you try it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    IT

umm...sorry.

In related news, finally settled on the Adele tickets. 1st row, upper deck, side stage. Ticket for my wife and her little sister. Low low bargain price of $411 each. F craig's list, I would not risk that. More than I paid for a ticket to any of the PJ shows this time around....hope Miss Adele sings her crazy voice out and it is a fun night.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,920
    We only support face-value tickets here. Please read the Posting Guidelines.
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.