Jill Stein for President

Comments

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

It's your choice if you want to deal with it or not.

I don't know what that means.
    It means agree to disagree.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if i was american - i'd definitely vote jill stein ... america needs a revolution but they are too busy hating on muslims and black people to give a shit ...
  • polaris_x said:

if i was american - i'd definitely vote jill stein ... america needs a revolution but they are too busy hating on muslims and black people to give a shit ...

Trump doesn't hate black people or muslims.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    polaris_x said:

Stop it...we certainly have our issues but everything is so politicized. Things aren't nearly as bad as the news would lead you to believe. Stop it with this revolution talk...

The economy is in a decent place, there has been a ton of social change, we are leading the world in technological innovation, cities are growing in a positive way, etc.

Sure, there are large issues with economic disparity, poverty, gun violence, education, etc. but we are a massive country. The only two countries in the world that have more people have significantly bigger issues than we do...It's a lot easier to get 30 million people taken care of than 300 million
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

polaris_x said:

Trump doesn't hate black people or muslims.
    You know that's not what polaris_x said, right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

polaris_x said:

Stop it...we certainly have our issues but everything is so politicized. Things aren't nearly as bad as the news would lead you to believe. Stop it with this revolution talk...

The economy is in a decent place, there has been a ton of social change, we are leading the world in technological innovation, cities are growing in a positive way, etc.

Sure, there are large issues with economic disparity, poverty, gun violence, education, etc. but we are a massive country. The only two countries in the world that have more people have significantly bigger issues than we do...It's a lot easier to get 30 million people taken care of than 300 million
    This is a Jill Stein thread. Anyone who is for Stein has the freedom to voice their pro-Stein opinions w/out status quo folks beating them down.

edited July 2016
    Free said:

polaris_x said:

This is a Jill Stein thread. Anyone who is for Stein has the freedom to voice their pro-Stein opinions w/out status quo folks beating them down.

Not beating him down. Telling him I disagree with the fact that America needs a revolution. I am perfectly fine with his opinion.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Free said:

I will either be writing in Bernie OR voting Stein, the Green Party candidate.

I completely understand voting your conscience. But you do realize that not voting or voting for anyone other than Hillary Clinton is a vote for donald drumpf.

See: George Wallace 1968

Free said:

I completely understand voting your conscience. But you do realize that not voting or voting for anyone other than Hillary Clinton is a vote for donald drumpf.

I am not worried about Trump.

Free said:

polaris_x said:

Not beating him down. Telling him I disagree with the fact that America needs a revolution. I am perfectly fine with his opinion.
    Actually, it does need a revolution, from big banks, corporate ownership of everything, and money running politics and elections. Very much indeed.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2016
    I actually agree that a revolution might be the only way to go if people really want to secure any level of real justice and fairness for ordinary citizens, given the extent of government corruption and the role of corporations in government. I know that such a thing is a bizarre idea for us comfortable North Americans, but revolutions actually do still occur.... things just have to get bad enough for the population to be inspired enough to start one, and the right civilian leaders need to step up. It's not an outlandish possibility, really. I don't think it will ever happen in the US, mind you. The government and corporations have an almost perfect system set up for inspiring enough apathy combined with fear (which is a an odd combo) to prevent it from ever happening. I mean that in the least tinfoil hat way possible, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

Free said:

I keep hearing that from good people I respect but, with all due and sincere respect, 1) I really am not worried that Trump will win, 2) on the extreme long shot that he does, well, America gets what it deserves and 3) is it not worth asking ourselves why we vote? Do we not want to vote for the person we are most in favor of? Is it not time we start being honest with our votes? For me, if Bernie is truly out of it after the Dem convention, I am solidly behind the marvelous Jill Stein.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jill Stein invited Bernie Sanders to lead the Green Party... If he were to do so, that could make things very interesting!
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/jill-stein-bernie-sanders-green-party?CMP=share_btn_fb
    PJPOWER said:

Jill Stein invited Bernie Sanders to lead the Green Party... If he were to do so, that could make things very interesting!
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/jill-stein-bernie-sanders-green-party?CMP=share_btn_fb

Very interesting indeed!
    PJPOWER said:

Sounds good to me! Real progressive change in politics leading to a much more true democracy with a strong emphasis on environmental concern leading to constructive action would be excellent!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

polaris_x said:

i remember talking about race issues with someone here years ago ... that person didn't believe there were any problems ... and here we are in 2016 and we have a movement called black lives matter ... there is institutionalized racism in america that extends to both race and class ...

i know as an american you are basically indoctrinated to believe you live in the greatest country in the world and that what america stands for is something to be proud of ... it's constantly beaten into you ... think about it for a second ... everywhere you go now - you are told to stand by your troops to support your troops ... have you looked at your history of US foreign policy and what has been done on behalf of US citizens around the world!?? ... they want tony blair to go to jail in britain for his decision to go to iraq ... consider that for a moment ... he knew less than bush/cheney ...

look at any of the lists of most evil corporations in the world and i guarantee you most of them are based in the US ... and you know how much influence corporations have on us foreign and domestic policy ...

and lastly, this has nothing to do with any other country ... you could list how fucked up canada is and I would probably agree with most of it ... but it's fucked down there in so many ways ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why stop at Canada and the US being fucked up ... maybe all countries are fucked up.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    edited July 2016
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

i remember talking about race issues with someone here years ago ... that person didn't believe there were any problems ... and here we are in 2016 and we have a movement called black lives matter ... there is institutionalized racism in america that extends to both race and class ...

i know as an american you are basically indoctrinated to believe you live in the greatest country in the world and that what america stands for is something to be proud of ... it's constantly beaten into you ... think about it for a second ... everywhere you go now - you are told to stand by your troops to support your troops ... have you looked at your history of US foreign policy and what has been done on behalf of US citizens around the world!?? ... they want tony blair to go to jail in britain for his decision to go to iraq ... consider that for a moment ... he knew less than bush/cheney ...

look at any of the lists of most evil corporations in the world and i guarantee you most of them are based in the US ... and you know how much influence corporations have on us foreign and domestic policy ...

and lastly, this has nothing to do with any other country ... you could list how fucked up canada is and I would probably agree with most of it ... but it's fucked down there in so many ways ...
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

The spouse and I were talking about this last night. How the racism has escalated. We wonder if a black man sworn in as president TWICE has just brought out the hidden prejudice and racism in some people.
    Post edited by Free on
    lukin2006 said:

Why stop at Canada and the US being fucked up ... maybe all countries are fucked up.

No doubt about that other than maybe some places like Fiji. Fijians live simply, share what they have, live lightly.

A president Jill Stein would encourage us to follow their lead.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

The spouse and I were talking about this last night. How the racism has escalated. We wonder if a black man sworn in as president TWICE has just brought out the hidden prejudice and racism in some people.
    I think technology is just making it seen more, not necessarily a rise in it. Certainly not hidden for the most part.

Guessing that'll always be around, though the fact that a non-white (black, half-black? I don't know) person is in office appears to counter that.

Glass half-full.
    edited July 2016
    The Fact that a black man was voted in as president, no doubt, brings out hatred in some people (and Congress republicans) like we've never seen so openly.

... And the condemnation of Obama over the years has been brutal. Meanwhile he's the classiest president in a long time.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

The Fact that a black man was voted in as president, no doubt, brings out hatred in some people (and Congress republicans) like we've never seen so openly.

... And the condemnation of Obama over the years has been brutal. Meanwhile he's the classiest president in a long time.

a black man as president is more a function of the electoral system ... it's why a drug and alcoholic moron could be president for 8 years and why potentially a man with horrible ideas could be president ...

do agree that with the internet and social media - the racial issues now are more easily exposed ...

copy and pasted from article ...

Stein's platform calls for a 50-per-cent cut in military spending; a moratorium on genetically modified food, fracking, pipelines, and mining in the Arctic; the cancellation of the North American Free Trade Agreement; a major federally funded green-jobs program; and not only pardoning Edward Snowden but welcoming the espionage leaker home as a hero.

her platform refers to why I think america needs a revolution ... 50% cut to military spending, edward snowden and the cancellation of NAFTA all refer to what I speak of ...
    edited July 2016
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

I stated I think there are race, inequality, economic and many more problems. There will be race problems for the foreseeable future. We are 50 years out from segregation. Not that that should be a valid excuse but many from that generation are still largely alive and kicking. The fact that we have moved to have LBGT rights this fast, I think, is significant progress.

I have never said anything of the sort. Do I love this country? Hell yeah. Am I embarrassed as hell of this country every day? Hell yeah.

We will definitely differ on the corporate aspect of things. I think there certainly needs to be more regulation, but I am not at all anti corporate America.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    FEEL THE STEIN!!!!!
    Some well questions and comments posed on reddit under "Convince me Jill Stein can win" worth considering:

"the question you should be asking yourself is,'What is more important to me, building a movement that addresses inequality, corporate greed, and climate change as problems to be fixed, or keeping Trump out of office, even if it means supporting someone who actively benefits from maintaining the status quo?'"

"You should vote fore whichever candidate you actually support. That way, when future candidates are looking to decide on their platforms, they'll see that if they want your vote then they need to adopt some of the same policies as the candidate you voted for."

"The only wasted vote is a vote for someone you don't believe in. I'm not sure who said this first, but it is a slogan for third party candidates by now. So if your wasting your vote by voting for a candidate you can't support, then what do you think your doing by voting for someone you can hardly stomach?"

https://m.reddit.com/r/jillstein/comments/4mh58o/convince_me_jill_stein_can_win/

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    everyone knows an ant cant move a rubbertree plant...

but he had High Apple Pie in the Sky Hopes

everyone knows an ant cant move a rubbertree plant...

but he had High Apple Pie in the Sky Hopes

And he can carry 20 to 100 times his own weight!

Also, I encourage folks here to check out Steins platform posted here by Free:
    Free said:

• brianlux said:

It's high time we have a Jill Stein for President thread!

Damn straight!
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016

FEEL THE STEIN!!!!!

Feel the anyone that isn't Tumpary. I even like Johnson ffs. Besides, I don't agree on everything with Jill Stein. Apparently, she's another anti vaccine nutcase like Jenny McStupid.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on