Jill Stein for President

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
It's high time we have a Jill Stein for President thread!

Stein call for charges against Hillary Clinton:

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/7/7/headlines/fbi_director_james_comey_to_testify_to_congress_over_clinton_emails

FBI Director James Comey is slated to testify before Congress today over the agency’s decision to recommend no charges be brought against Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton over her use of multiple private email servers while she was Secretary of State. On Tuesday Comey said Clinton had been "extremely careless" in her handling of classified information, but that her actions did not merit charges. The decision sparked outrage from Republican lawmakers, from Donald Trump, and from Green Party nominee Jill Stein, who called for charges against Clinton, saying "Hillary Clinton’s failure to protect critical security information is not the only thing in her tenure as Secretary that deserves the term reckless, including her decision to pursue catastrophic regime change in Libya, and to support the overthrow of democratically elected governments in Ukraine and Honduras."
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Go Stein!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Free said:

Go Stein!!

:plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I thought you two were staunch supporters of Bernie for President?

Can't tell anymore. Flava-Flav of the month!
    I will either be writing in Bernie OR voting Stein, the Green Party candidate.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Free said:

I will either be writing in Bernie ruining my ballot OR voting Stein, the Green Party candidate.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    She does not fit the globalist-elitist agenda like Hillary, she will never get the push. She needs to kill a couple of people, do some banker speeches, and call black people dogs before America will accept her.
    edited July 2016
    No way, of course the Green Party won't see a leader in the WH. My guess is that Stein would get 3% of votes max, and 99% of those votes will be coming from the left. Let's hope that there will be enough room between Trump and Hillary for that not to put Trump in the White House. I wouldn't bet on it, but fingers crossed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

I will either be writing in Bernie ruining my ballot OR voting Stein, the Green Party candidate.

Whatever you want to think Canadian.

And my mother is from Canada so I say that not in disregard to Canada but you, coming from another country, judging me, and you're not voting in our election.
    Post edited by Free on
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Do you have some kind of problem with Canadians?
    I was just making your post a bit more fact based. Writing in a name of someone not on the ballot IS spoiling the ballot. Fact, not opinion.
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

I was just making your post a bit more fact based. Writing in a name of someone not on the ballot IS spoiling the ballot. Fact, not opinion.
    I Edited to Add. Your "fact" is merely an opinion, and I will vote wisely, for whom I want, no matter how much you criticize and judge.
    From Jill Stein's FB page:

"Bernie Sanders was actually booed by House Democrats for saying the goal of politics is transforming America, not just winning elections. Well, Greens are in politics to transform America."
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

I Edited to Add. Your "fact" is merely an opinion, and I will vote wisely, for whom I want, no matter how much you criticize and judge.
    :confused: Okay, first of all, I'm not criticizing or judging, I'm just pointing out a fact (not sure why you always feel so defensive). No, it's not an opinion. Writing in a name is very clearly and legally spoiling a ballot. You should know that before you write in a name as though it means something. It does not. Doing that and just not voting literally produce the same result. What I'm saying is that I don't understand the motivation behind writing in a name. It's pointless. It doesn't make any statement unless you are trying to make a statement to yourself alone.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    a vote for a 3rd party candidate, while your right, is only going to help Trump.
    pjhawks said:

a vote for a 3rd party candidate, while your right, is only going to help Trump.

It's what won the election for GW.
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

:confused: Okay, first of all, I'm not criticizing or judging, I'm just pointing out a fact (not sure why you always feel so defensive). No, it's not an opinion. Writing in a name is very clearly and legally spoiling a ballot. You should know that before you write in a name as though it means something. It does not. Doing that and just not voting literally produce the same result. What I'm saying is that I don't understand the motivation behind writing in a name. It's pointless. It doesn't make any statement unless you are trying to make a statement to yourself alone.
    Bernie Sanders was actually booed by House Democrats for saying the goal of politics is transforming America, not just winning elections. Well, Greens are in politics to transform America.

You can wave your finger all you want but there are several other voters just like me and Brian who will either write in Bernie Sanders or vote Stein.

Whine away. Wah!
    Post edited by Free on
    BTW, I very much support a multi-party system, but the USA system simply can't support one right now. Massive government reform would have to take place for it to do anything other than harm. Sad but true. However, that doesn't mean one of the big two parties can't be replaced. The Republican Party seems to be circling the drain right now, and it seems like a good time for another party to get traction and take its place.... but that would require a LOT of citizen support obviously, and frankly, the US population just seems too fractured right now for that to happen. Even folks who support the same people and hold the same ideals can barely agree on anything, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

It's what won the election for GW.
    Not really. That race was so close, and the media stations were so hot over who claimed victor that it is still controversial. Gore won that race's popular vote.
    PJ_Soul said:

BTW, I very much support a multi-party system, but the USA system simply can't support one right now. Massive government reform would have to take place for it to do anything other than harm. Sad but true. However, that doesn't mean one of the big two parties can't be replaced. The Republican Party seems to be circling the drain right now, and it seems like a good time for another party to get traction and take its place.... but that would require a LOT of citizen support obviously, and frankly, the US population just seems too fractured right now for that to happen. Even folks who support the same people and hold the same ideals can barely agree on anything, lol.

The world is mess, yeah, we already know.
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

The world is mess, yeah, we already know.
    Lol, what is your problem?
    You realize that this push towards conformity you're doing doesn't sway many of us Bernie and Stein supporters, right?
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

You realize that this push towards conformity you're doing doesn't sway many of us Bernie and Stein supporters, right?

I'm not pushing towards conformity at all - I'm a non-conformist. I'm just observing reality and making statements based on it. But to be clear, nobody on these boards is swaying anyone. If you think you are or could, you're kidding yourself. What we're doing it attempting to have conversations (you don't make it easy - that doesn't seem to be why you're here).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

I'm not pushing towards conformity at all - I'm a non-conformist. I'm just observing reality and making statements based on it. But to be clear, nobody on these boards is swaying anyone. If you think you are or could, you're kidding yourself. What we're doing it attempting to have conversations (you don't make it easy - that doesn't seem to be why you're here).
    Yes you are. You are attempting to make all 3rd party voters "get in line" and conform and vote Hillary. Whether you want to be leave it or not.
    This thread is about Jill Stein. If you have nothing to say about the candidate...
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

Yes you are. You are attempting to make all 3rd party voters "get in line" and conform and vote Hillary. Whether you want to be leave it or not.
    I am stating my opinion on the matter. I am not attempting to do anything other than that. If you are incapable of understanding that concept please just ignore my posts.
    BTW, strategic voting isn't conformity. It just is what it is in order to get the best results possible (in a situation where the best results are still undesirable, but that is really neither here nor there). If Bernie still had a chance, I'd be all over it. But he doesn't. And Jill Stein obviously has no chance either. Too bad, but it's a fact.
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

BTW, strategic voting isn't conformity. It just is what it is in order to get the best results possible (in a situation where the best results are still undesirable, but that is really neither here nor there). If Bernie still had a chance, I'd be all over it. But he doesn't. And Jill Stein obviously has no chance either. Too bad, but it's a fact.

You don't get it. We don't care to vote the lesser of two evils, or at least many of us don't. It's about putting value in our 1 vote and not voting for someone we despise in the White House. It's not about being part of the winning team because they are both losers. We all lose with either trump or Clinton.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    REBELS!

lol
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

You don't get it. We don't care to vote the lesser of two evils, or at least many of us don't. It's about putting value in our 1 vote and not voting for someone we despise in the White House. It's not about being part of the winning team because they are both losers. We all lose with either trump or Clinton.
    Dude, I get it. It's not the concept that I'm having trouble with. I just don't think that's a very good way to go about it because in the end it could hurt everyone and a nation in a very real way. For me, that is just not worth people voting their conscience. If it makes any sense at all, of course I love to vote for who I really believe in too, obviously. That is a wonderful thing to be able to do (and I've actually been able to do it a couple of times in my life). But when that becomes impossible unless I essentially throw my vote to the worst candidate, I turn to logic. I care about my own values a lot and put everything I can towards that in terms of political support and voting.... But once that starts helping the worst option, I discard my ego and do what's best for the ultimate outcome of the election.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited July 2016
    It's your choice if you want to deal with it or not.
    Free said:

It's your choice if you want to deal with it or not.

I don't know what that means.