Options

Third Man Show. Anyone see this show live? Do you recommend buying the vinyl?

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Comes with a new EV song too . Live show + new track on vinyl worth it to me

Do you know that it's new song?? I didn't see what song it is or any description of it at all besides that it's great or whatever TMR posted about it, but maybe I missed something. I was assuming it would be something we've heard Eddie do before. If it's a new song, that would be super cool!
    It's labeled as "Out of Sand" on the picture.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537

PJ_Soul said:

Comes with a new EV song too . Live show + new track on vinyl worth it to me

Do you know that it's new song?? I didn't see what song it is or any description of it at all besides that it's great or whatever TMR posted about it, but maybe I missed something. I was assuming it would be something we've heard Eddie do before. If it's a new song, that would be super cool!
    It's labeled as "Out of Sand" on the picture.
    I only saw it on my phone so couldn't read it. That's good news!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Not sure if I should ...

lol
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    my2hands said:

Not sure if I should ...

lol
    your lol works on a few levels
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    My question is should i buy two incase i wear out the grooves on the first one
  • Options
    Buy a better turntable
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Hard to Imagine and Let Me Sleep sold me
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    This is intimate like never before. Unplugged, AOL Sessions? Its been a long time since something THIS intimate has been released.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Also it's not going to be arriving until September. I'm sure the bootlegs will be online before then. If it's good, then I'll definitely buy it.

Nope, nothing gets bootlegged from the Blue Room.
  • Options
    I hope so, but doubt it
  • Options

I hope so, but doubt it

If someone did Pete, it would be out there already.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    edited July 2016
    It was a special night...the intensity of the band and the pressure of direct to acetate could be seen on their faces. They killed it and Ed put every ounce of energy into every vocal. This recording quite possibly will never be matched. Buy it!
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Options
    True. Or someone's just lazy.

I bought it about half hour ago and had no problems with the coupon
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    This purchase was a no brainer for me. I had zero hesitation placing my order.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    edited July 2016
    Is this like some others where you have to break the vinyl to hear the 7" single encased inside the 12" lp? So do I need to buy 2 to hear the Ed single? The triple decker record.
    Post edited by PJammer4life on
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    You'd be nuts not to buy this. Fan or no fan. I was lucky enough to be in the room and it was one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed. And then to dress it up in such a killer package, and be offered a deal on top of it? Thank you very much. Mic drop!
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,930
    Yeah, if I didn't already own a couple of record players I'd be getting one for this - my anticipation levels may be a little too high...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    This is a joke thread, right?
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    kramer73 said:

This is a joke thread, right?

I mean this one seems like a no brainer right? Secret show in an intimate setting with Jack White + a new Vedder song all on vinyl...for $45!! Yes please.
  • Options

This is intimate like never before. Unplugged, AOL Sessions? Its been a long time since something THIS intimate has been released.

The Easy St EP is what this reminds me of. So excited to hear the band in a small room again. I feel like the bootlegs don't give you their true sound and aggressiveness. That clip of Of the Earth sounds amazing.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890

Is this like some others where you have to break the vinyl to hear the 7" single encased inside the 12" lp? So do I need to buy 2 to hear the Ed single? The triple decker record.

The 7" will likely be sealed inside the LP, but it won't be anything where you'd physically have to break the the vinyl. I know what you're talking about with some of his previous trick LPs, but this will be physically separate 12" and 7" records, just both sealed inside the LP sleeve.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    kasedoug said:

The 7" will likely be sealed inside the LP, but it won't be anything where you'd physically have to break the the vinyl. I know what you're talking about with some of his previous trick LPs, but this will be physically separate 12" and 7" records, just both sealed inside the LP sleeve.
    It will be like origami, and you will have to fold the vinyl into the 7", and then you will be able to play the Eddie Vedder track.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    kramer73 said:

kasedoug said:

It will be like origami, and you will have to fold the vinyl into the 7", and then you will be able to play the Eddie Vedder track.
    but only at 3 RPM
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Im glad we're getting $15 as otherwise it is kind of pricey for a single LP. Of course with it being PJ it will grow in value. I suppose for anyone who was there, this is priceless.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    So, now I have to buy a record player if I ever want to listen to it lol
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    ponytd said:

Had it in the plans to get one, but not this soon. So, same boat.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    edited July 2016

ponytd said:

Yea, but when you DO get one you'll need some records. And THIS is a good one to have. I saved my fan club singles for YEARS before getting a turntable, and they were the first things I spun when I was finally up and running. Do it - you won't regret it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    DeLukin said:

ponytd said:

Yea, but when you DO get one you'll need some records. And THIS is a good one to have. I saved my fan club singles for YEARS before getting a turntable, and they were the first things I spun when I was finally up and running. Do it - you won't regret it.
    I've got records. Still have Michael Jackson's Thriller on record in a box somewhere. And all the fan club singles on vinyl, but haven't had a record table in a long time.
  • Options
    Closest thing to a studio recording of Of The Earth we're gonna get! Sold!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited July 2016
    ponytd said:

Well if you do, dont go too cheap or too expensive.
    Got to find the right balance.
    No point having expensive records and a bad turntable or a really expensive turntable but only a couple of records.

If I could turn back time Im not sure I would have started collecting vinyl, its just so expensive and kind of takes over your life. You can barely take a day off the internet in case something drops.

Post edited by FR181798 on