*** Quebec City, QC Fanviews Here 5/5/16 ***

Comments

• CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    And the Centre Vidéotron is over the top a great venue. It seem like every two sections shared their own concessions, bathrooms, and even had a lounge area. We walked in as the show started so i'm not sure why but I saw a chef passing out desserts. Too busy to stop and see what was going on.

Surprised that I couldn't find any Canadian beer on tap.
  • WhittyWhitty Posts: 61
    Might be a shot in the dark, but worth asking nonetheless: Was anyone here lucky enough to get a copy of the setlist? If so, would you be so kind to scan it for us? This was such a memorable show, and I'm hoping to print a copy and frame it.
    "It makes much more sense to live in the present tense."

Toronto 2000
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    St. John's (2x) 2005
    Boston 2010
    Hartford 2013
    Quebec City 2016
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited May 2016
    Now that a couple of days have have gone by and I was able to let it all sink in. Man what a show. From start to finish they kept wowing me with how well the set flowed. The only misstep for me was Sleeping by Myself and even that was cool to see live for the first time. Of The Girl as the opener was unreal and really started the night off right. Needle was a cover that was not on my radar but once he started playing it I was in awe and Thumbing was a perfect followup. Wash in an unexpected spot was a great surprise. I thought they were going to pick up the pace before this one was played and was floored when it started. Getting to hear It's Ok with my wife is as memorable as it gets and the closing out of the second set was perfect. For a set that had plenty of not so known songs the crowd were plenty loud but exploded during the sing alongs and hits. The crowd went insane when Noah was up on stage too.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • It was simply amazing!!!
  • waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    hi everyone,
    i posted this in the porch but also wanted to share it here with folks who were at the show. i looked for rules on cross-posting and couldn't find any...hopefully this is ok.

PJ and fans,
    We wanted to reach out to everyone here in the 10c forum and the band to let people know how deeply we are committed to staying present with the specialness of what happened for our family and everyone who was there in Quebec City with our son Noah even as the sea of media grabbed this story. Seems the news cycle was ready for a dose of good news as apparently him jamming out with the band has spread like a wave all around the world. For most people it probably isn't even a blip on the radar, but in our world it has been quite a surreal week! People keep sending me links to how it is spreading and we have been getting contacted by so many different media outlets we can't keep up. There are so many layers of what this was for us, and we can tell it was a special and meaningful thing for the band and everyone who was there that night, and even in the face of the news freight train, we are holding the sacredness close to our hearts and letting the deeper layers unfold and wash over us again and again. So very grateful.

Noah feels like on a surface level this is such a joyful story full of light and love in a sea of dark news, so we have agreed to talk about it and let him talk about it with a few select news outlets, but we have also turned down more than we can count. Most of what is headed out into the world is just what was picked up from social media in the days after the show before we were even aware of what was happening, and we had zero control. It is really hard to see things in print like "Noah's mom emailed Vedder to ask that they play the song with him" and all sorts of nonsense like that. The AP story was the worst with some of those funky details...and of course that is the one that got picked up by most places. We have to let the false content wash off our backs, but it is hard not to worry that people think we are the ones somehow distorting it. The heart of it all still does come through even in the articles that have a funny angle to them and for that we are thankful. We know people understand how things get distorted and told wrong, but we wanted to reach out to share where we are at with it and how we are handling it as gracefully as we can and with so much gratefulness for last Thursday night.

We were aware that the story had picked up traction just from social media, which makes sense as it was so crazy special for everyone there, but I was totally caught off-guard on Monday morning when the phone rang and it was a newspaper. I didn't recognize the number but figured it was another parent from our carpool. Nope! Noah's Dad and I feel like we are fumbling when we try to talk about it...as it was so meaningful and awesome that there aren't really even words to describe what happened and how it felt. We are doing our best. And Noah is enjoying sharing the story the best he can as well, it is very sweet and fun to watch him share his experience and surely it is instilling joy and hope in people as it goes out into the world. He also knows how difficult it is to find words for such strong emotion and meaning so we are letting him know it is fine to fumble too. He did some sweet interviews with local tv stations who did a decent job helping the story come back around to the heart of things, and for that we are thankful. We are directing people to the Vitalogy Foundation, as part of our story is how much we love and respect PJ for all they do to make a positive difference in the world. We are happy to see Noah's quote front and center in a few of the news reports: "That experience was such a great honor. Pearl Jam's music means so much to me and my family but so does what they do to make the world a better place. I hope more people listen to their music and check out their Vitalogy Foundation (www.pearljam.com/activism/vitalogy-foundation) where they raise money and give it away to good causes." Noah has some fundraising ideas we will support him to follow through with in the coming weeks to pay it all forward and give back. We are keeping it all as heart and soul centered as we can as much as is in our hands in terms of the media and the story. Things have calmed down today, and we are thankful that as a family we seem to have navigated the initial frenzy and supported the story to roll out like a wave bringing joy to people, while still holding the sacredness close at heart.

The funny thing is that we were having an absolutely amazing experience even before Sad unfolded...basking in the love of the friends we made in the GA line, sharing the camping out experience and PJ community with Noah, the amazing set-list they unfolded, and watching Noah rock out so hard dancing and singing and having the time of his life. Ironically they played the song I have always wanted to hear live, but since I had never been big on requests, I had never posted about it. You Are. Rocked my world. So deep and healing. Shawn and I and our best friend who was with us were having the best concert of our lives, and to get to share that with Noah...just so fun and special. Little did we know what the universe had in store.

There is one more thing I want to share here in the forum specifically. It is what Noah told one of the reporters who was drilling him about "how it felt" and "how he was able to handle it so well in front of 20,000 people" etc etc. He said something along the lines of that the band was so loving to him it made it easy to relax and have fun. But then he also said that he had met so many people in the days leading up to the show and they had all been so amazing and welcoming to him, he knew that there was so much love in the room that even if he messed up noone would think any less of him. And he said he could feel the love and joy on the stage go out like a wave over everyone and the bit he could see of people's faces in the bright lights was like love looking back at him so he knew he could relax and rock out and no matter what it would be ok. To hear this spontaneously come out of your kid's mouth...again...there are no words. Thank you to everyone that was there that night for reflecting such love and joy, and to everyone who has sent us messages of support and kindness. PJ is the best band in the world, and they also have the best fans in the world.

See you at Fenway!

With love and gratitude,
    Sarah
    Sorry to hear that this has spin a little out of control, but to be expected from anyone that tries to capitalize on your family's special moment. I was lucky enough to be at the show and for everyone there we know how special it was.

I told many folks here in Portland about that being the best part of the show and everyone loved to hear about it. They are used to me overstating how great the music was when I come back from a show. I must have neglected to mention to everyone that you live downeast, because when it came out in the paper, everyone was surprised that you are in our home state.

Best wishes - and see you at Fenway!
  • msswmssw Brazil Posts: 23
    It was my first PJ show outside Brasil. Exceed all my expectations. Great venue, great people, great sound and an amazing setlist. Magical to see Noah playing with the band... Sad is also one of my favorite songs.
  • When that stupid dipshit yelled "I love you Eddie" while he was talking to us did anyone else feel a little awkward at the comments he tried to shut the fan up with when he called him out?
    I wasn't expecting that and I think EV was surprised those words came out. He stopped talking to that idiot right away after that because enough attention was already given to the shithead who just wanted to be heard on the boots.
    Guys, stop yelling I love you Eddie, it is embarrassing.

• TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Been a week since that great show for the fans and Noah imparticular. Just wondering...whats his new girlfriend's name?

I commented to my friend immediately after (Sad), that kid (Noah) is going to have a girlfriend within a week!

As I watched that moment I couldn't help but consider my two young boys and the magical moments they will hopefully enjoy. When I was that age, I was on the t.v. show Thrill of a Lifetime. I was a magician assisting Mars and Mia with their illusion. Cried when it all ended. Nice little gem stone Noah

In joyous part.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.

When that stupid dipshit yelled "I love you Eddie" while he was talking to us did anyone else feel a little awkward at the comments he tried to shut the fan up with when he called him out?
    I wasn't expecting that and I think EV was surprised those words came out. He stopped talking to that idiot right away after that because enough attention was already given to the shithead who just wanted to be heard on the boots.

I barely remember that. Was it during the Fort Mac fire dialogue?
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

When that stupid dipshit yelled "I love you Eddie" while he was talking to us did anyone else feel a little awkward at the comments he tried to shut the fan up with when he called him out?

That guy was sitting right behind us - wasn't it the Ottawa show??
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Unfortunately, the guy was sitting right next to me, and it was the Ottawa show.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2016

Unfortunately, the guy was sitting right next to me, and it was the Ottawa show.

My bad guys.
    It was Ottawa, both shows blurred into one.
    Sorry bout that.

That guy beside you - what an ass.

edit - I will repost my statement in the Ottawa thread.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087

My bad guys.
    It was Ottawa, both shows blurred into one.
    Sorry bout that.

That guy beside you - what an ass.

edit - I will repost my statement in the Ottawa thread.
    He was an ass, but I didn't let him ruin my enjoyment of the show.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    edited May 2016
    QC was our first "urban camping" experience (for PJ anyway!) I get that it's not for everyone but for us? Totally worth it. The Centre Videotron staff was amazing; they brought us out two carafes of coffee and muffins in the morning!! How much more awesome can you get?! We had several reporters stop by to gawk and the crazy folks, and we made friends with them too.

The highlight of the show was obviously Noah's performance, but man, PJ *always* seem to bring it in Canada and this show was no exception. :grin:
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • waveruewaverue Posts: 108

QC was our first "urban camping" experience (for PJ anyway!) I get that it's not for everyone but for us? Totally worth it. The Centre Videotron staff was amazing; they brought us out two carafes of coffee and muffins in the morning!! How much more awesome can you get?! We had several reporters stop by to gawk and the crazy folks, and we made friends with them too.

The highlight of the show was obviously Noah's performance, but man, PJ *always* seem to bring it in Canada and this show was no exception. :grin:

love!!! it was unreal how well the staff took care of us, wasn't it!? kind words about Noah...thank you! he doesn't have a girlfriend yet, not really into the world of dating yet it seems...but that was a funny post, TalonTedd!! but his friends were super happy for him. he is psyched for baseball season to be in full swing and really wants to start a band now (go figure). media is totally calm now...but so fun to see all the places the story pops up. what a wild ride launched from the best PJ show we could ever possibly imagine.....
    It was great reliving this show on Sirius last night. The band sounded as tight as remembered and I think the boot did a decent job on showing how loud the crowd was that night. Aside from Daughter/It's Ok, Black was the highlight of the boot for me. Sound a great version that Mike killed in the solo.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Whitty said:

Might be a shot in the dark, but worth asking nonetheless: Was anyone here lucky enough to get a copy of the setlist? If so, would you be so kind to scan it for us? This was such a memorable show, and I'm hoping to print a copy and frame it.

http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Can't stop listening to the boot, brings back memories of an epic show!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    The boot is fantastic!!
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
    Can't wait for my CD to get here.
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    waverue said:

hi everyone,
    There is one more thing I want to share here in the forum specifically. It is what Noah told one of the reporters who was drilling him about "how it felt" and "how he was able to handle it so well in front of 20,000 people" etc etc. He said something along the lines of that the band was so loving to him it made it easy to relax and have fun. But then he also said that he had met so many people in the days leading up to the show and they had all been so amazing and welcoming to him, he knew that there was so much love in the room that even if he messed up noone would think any less of him. And he said he could feel the love and joy on the stage go out like a wave over everyone and the bit he could see of people's faces in the bright lights was like love looking back at him so he knew he could relax and rock out and no matter what it would be ok. To hear this spontaneously come out of your kid's mouth...again...there are no words.

What a cool kid. Obviously raised with a good head on his shoulders. Well done, mom and dad. Noah - keep on rockin!
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    edited July 2016
    Had a great time at the QC show and am really enjoying the boot. Listening to the show over and over brings back some awesome memories. "Wash", "You Are" and "Of the Girl" were among my favorites. First time in GA at a PJ show for me (thanks 10C). My concert buddy and I were able to get about 3 rows deep on Stone's side. Ed came over to our side a few times and at one point (on Porch- one of my favorite songs) he walked right by us. Traveling to Quebec City from Maine was an adventure...we passed a tractor trailer jackknifed on an overpass right after we hit the road, but crossed through some beautiful mountain country along the way. We even saw a moose hanging out roadside in Moose River Plantation (of course)! I also enjoyed exploring old Quebec City the day after the concert...it's beautiful place so full of history and architecture. It was an action packed 24 hours and so glad I had the chance to go. Looking forward to Fenway 2 next!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    Wash sounds amazing!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
    Replaying on 10club radio right now!
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    just visited quebec city, what a place to see pj it would be, you lucky dogs, see y'all in b-town!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    1 year ago today. How time flies by. Still listen to this boot all the time!
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    PJNB said:
    1 year ago today. How time flies by. Still listen to this boot all the time!
    Favorite bootleg from last year, hands down. Getting played as soon as Lexington finishes... B)
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Happy Anniversary QC show!  My first PJ GA show.  Will never forget!  Fun to relive the night with the boot and youtube vids.  
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    What an amazing time in Quebec it was! So happy to re-live it today with the boot!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018