*** Columbia, SC Fanviews Here 4/21/16 ***

1234568»

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    sorry, sarcasm almost never translates when typing.

i'm right there with you in the "blown away" camp, brother.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Awesome shot above ^^^! Damn!

I just posted my review of Columbia 2016, its my favorite PJ show out of the 10 Ive seen. Link below...

http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/2016/05/columbia-2016.html
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • First post for me, so I'll try to be brief. This was my very first Pearl Jam concert and my wife's first concert ever. She's from the Philippines so she's not too familiar with PJ but it was always a bucket list item of mine to see them live. I had a couple opportunities here and there, the most recent prior to this was their appearance at ACL Festival when I still lived in ATX. We made the trek to Columbia, SC with the promise to her that we would stop by Myrtle Beach but all in all it was for the concert. We absolutely loved it from the fans doing the wave before the start, to opening with Oceans, to Rise, to Crown of Thorns, to Eddie tossing the tambourine to the kid. As much as I would like to have seen an album show, for my first PJ concert and getting to hear a little bit of everything, it was an amazing experience.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225

First post for me, so I'll try to be brief. This was my very first Pearl Jam concert and my wife's first concert ever. She's from the Philippines so she's not too familiar with PJ but it was always a bucket list item of mine to see them live. I had a couple opportunities here and there, the most recent prior to this was their appearance at ACL Festival when I still lived in ATX. We made the trek to Columbia, SC with the promise to her that we would stop by Myrtle Beach but all in all it was for the concert. We absolutely loved it from the fans doing the wave before the start, to opening with Oceans, to Rise, to Crown of Thorns, to Eddie tossing the tambourine to the kid. As much as I would like to have seen an album show, for my first PJ concert and getting to hear a little bit of everything, it was an amazing experience.

That is good stuff. Glad you all enjoyed it. I know i loved it too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    Really enjoying this boot so far. The SC shows had great crowd energy. Really comes through in the recording.
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    It was a very good show. Can't wait to get the bootleg (I still collect CD's) and relive it. We had great spots in GA. For once I had a clear view of the stage about 4 or 5 deep - everyone in front was shorter then me. :) I enjoyed talking to our GA companions - an uncle and nephew - both attorneys. You were a pleasure to share space with.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Is the shop sold out of the bootleg cd of Columbia? All I see is the digital download.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 498
    Listening to boot late night EST. So damn good! The 1st encore was so great. The sound on these boots is so good. Such an interesting comparison to the '00 & '03 boots. Now I just have to find a way to convince my wife to stay for Fenway 2.... Suggestions welcome.
  • HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 498
    All Those Yesterdays, so glad I got to see it live.
  • jason03jason03 N.C. Posts: 17
    Great shows in SC. So proud to have been at them, and my first show ever be Greenville where they were so ON IT they blew the roof off, Eddie's vocals were perfect, and although my partner didn't think so while there (we were off to side and had huge bass speakers distorting sound to us a bit, but I could tell through the noise that a special vocal was being laid down that night) She agrees now after hearing the bootlegs, both shows were awesome, greenville imo had a slightly better vocal (the shows were so different I don't feel right even comparing really), but we both decided Greenville, SC for vocals and Columbia SC for crowd being cool, although both crowds were way cool as well. Guess I just can't say enough about how blown away I was after wanting to see them for so long. I've said it in other posts, and I repeat, Thank you Pearl Jam for 2 glorious nights of art and friendship
    after 25 year wait: Greenville april 16th, 2016 and Columbia, SC on 21st. thanks for the memories PJ
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jason03 said:

Great shows in SC. So proud to have been at them, and my first show ever be Greenville where they were so ON IT they blew the roof off, Eddie's vocals were perfect, and although my partner didn't think so while there (we were off to side and had huge bass speakers distorting sound to us a bit, but I could tell through the noise that a special vocal was being laid down that night) She agrees now after hearing the bootlegs, both shows were awesome, greenville imo had a slightly better vocal (the shows were so different I don't feel right even comparing really), but we both decided Greenville, SC for vocals and Columbia SC for crowd being cool, although both crowds were way cool as well. Guess I just can't say enough about how blown away I was after wanting to see them for so long. I've said it in other posts, and I repeat, Thank you Pearl Jam for 2 glorious nights of art and friendship

I was at both of these shows as well, and couldn't agree more!!!
    Getting VS in Greenville was INCREDIBLE...
    and I loved the setlist and the flow of the Columbia show too!!
    It really is refreshing hearing the point of view from a longtime fan getting to see Pearl Jam for the first time!!!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I hope you are able to get to MANY more shows in the future!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• jason03jason03 N.C. Posts: 17
    Awesome, I hope to be here to share, if nothing but my poetry. I still don't have words to explain what I experienced. I think that is my favorite part. I always like a movie that can surprise me at the end lol. It was my #1 bucket list item, and look at the 2 shows I happen to see, who could describe how that feels? woo hoo
    after 25 year wait: Greenville april 16th, 2016 and Columbia, SC on 21st. thanks for the memories PJ
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    It was my first GA PJ experience, and it was amazing. Both South C shows were.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • I figured this thread would be a safe place for my first post (!). Long time fan but have only seen the band twice, both times in Columbia (missed out on seeing them in '94 in New Orleans due to TM cancellation). Have to say I enjoyed this 2nd one more, probably due to awesome seats and the fact that when I saw them in 2008 I had been kind of off the band for a few years. Came back to my senses when all of the PJ20 was going on. Anyway finally listened to the boot today and it really is hard to put into words just how amazing the show was. I don't think I'll ever tire of hearing Given to Fly live. Or the MLB covers. Or hearing Eddie talk/interact with the crowd. So ready to do it again but will have to settle (ha) for TOTD in Philly.
    I'm through with screaming
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Just listened to the boot for the first time.
    Very good show.
    Was at Myrtle Beach for the week and took the journey to Columbia.
    Great to hear Oceans for only the 2nd time in 38 shows.
    Really interesting and cool first encore with Rise, Sleight and Yesterdays.
    had a great time although the drive back to Myrtle was much further than I thought.
  • deadlax97deadlax97 Posts: 32
    Hope Ed remembered to be happy for the Cocks.
  • jarkkonieminenjarkkonieminen Melbourne, Australia Posts: 126
    "Next time the Gamecocks do something great I will get excited." - EV 21 April 2016
    Pearl Jam
    1995: Melbourne #3
    1998: Melbourne 1,2 & 3
    2003: Sydney #1, Adelaide, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3
    2006: Melbourne #1
    2009: Melbourne
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Charlotte, Phoenix
    2014: Melbourne, Cincinnati, Memphis, Denver
    2016: Hampton, Columbia
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2
    EV
    2011: Brisbane #2
    2014: Melbourne 2 & 3
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited April 2020
    Just listening to the boot today. Always love the hometown shows!
    Post edited by markymark550 on
    two thumbs up...
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Still my favorite PJ gig I’ve been to. The boots great too! 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    SIX YEARS already.  RIP Prince.