*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• MelissaJGMelissaJG PA, United States Posts: 5
    cutz said:

MelissaJG said:

This was my first PJ show and aside from really bad sound at times (like a delay in timing between the drums and the rest of the music which was explained to me as the speaker positioning at Wells Fargo), I don't think I could have created a better setlist myself. Amazing! My only regret is not discovering this whole PJ universe sooner. I am on the bus!

Maybe it was where you were sitting?

I had no sound issues where i was sitting.

Can't wait for the Bootleg of this show.

Definitely had everything to do with being behind the stage. I will never do that again. But that experience has fueled an obsession to go again and have an even more amazing experience from a better spot. Plotting and scheming Fenway now.
    First show 4-29-16!
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I had no voice left for the MSG shows.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    PJ5a1 said:

For us lucky fans we witnessed our band perform arguably the most impactful album of our generation. Each one of us who grew up with this band lived some of these songs or related to the messages of these songs that were performed on the 29th.

The greatest American rock band performed one of the greatest albums of all time and we witnessed it..... Thank you

Bam!!! Done and done. Well said.

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    BinFrog said:

Same here. Philly 2 destroyed me for the rest of the tour. Screaming every word to 11 straight songs ,with no "Sirens" type song to take a break killed me.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    MelissaJG said:

cutz said:

MelissaJG said:

This was my first PJ show and aside from really bad sound at times (like a delay in timing between the drums and the rest of the music which was explained to me as the speaker positioning at Wells Fargo), I don't think I could have created a better setlist myself. Amazing! My only regret is not discovering this whole PJ universe sooner. I am on the bus!

Definitely had everything to do with being behind the stage. I will never do that again. But that experience has fueled an obsession to go again and have an even more amazing experience from a better spot. Plotting and scheming Fenway now.
    Different for me as i was behind the stage and the sound was fine for me. One of the best PJ experiences i've had. I'd sit behind the stage again, if i have no other choice( That's the ONLY ticket that i could get on the public sale, for this show, so i had no choice-LOL)
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    nicknyr15 said:

BinFrog said:

Same here. Philly 2 destroyed me for the rest of the tour. Screaming every word to 11 straight songs ,with no "Sirens" type song to take a break killed me.
    same as well. i could hardly sing for the msg shows!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited May 2016
    To this day I still can't believe I was sitting just a few rows to the side of Mike McCready to witness both PJ and Rock and Roll history go down right before my eyes. Shout-out to the people of Comcast Spectacor for hooking me up with sweet seats. I know you're out there. Definitely a dream come true. Thank you!

Post edited by crookedcross on
  • ChrisChuckChrisChuck Posts: 30
    I'm counting down the days for this boot to be available....amazing show..my all time favorite

I'm counting down the days for this boot to be available....amazing show..my all time favorite

Never got cd before. Do those things run out?
  • blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104

I don't think so
  • gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    Best 2 shows I've ever seen have been in philly now. This one and the 3rd of 4 at the spectrum. I was joking around with my casual PJ fan friend that there were a lot of rumors the band was going to play the full vitalogy album. So we played it a bit on the way to the show-3 hour drive. I said to him, I hope they don't play vitalogy but I'd shit my pants if they did ten. After the10 banner and once started as a repeat opener I knew. Then evenflow!... it was happening. I loved that we knew exactly where that set list was going.And to see everyone so happy for evenflow!!! That was killer! I know a lot of fans use that as the bathroom break song, but no one left this time. Evenflooooooooow!

Anyway after 10, my highlights were the second encore. Loved getting sonic reducer because I had it at philly 3 in 2009 and didn't really know it/appreciate it. So that was great. And it's only TEENAGE WASTELAND!!! Loved seeing the band embrace during the star spangled banner.
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    cutz said:

MelissaJG said:

cutz said:

MelissaJG said:

Different for me as i was behind the stage and the sound was fine for me. One of the best PJ experiences i've had. I'd sit behind the stage again, if i have no other choice( That's the ONLY ticket that i could get on the public sale, for this show, so i had no choice-LOL)
    Agreed. I sat behind the stage as it was the only ticket I could get but I enjoyed it and had no issue with sound. And had one of my best PJ experiences too. I had 10c seats in the lower level on night 1 and that would be my 1st choice but as a short guy I would take behind the stage over floor seats any day.

Also I made friends with someone named Stephanie in sect 120 row 18. Hope you see this and can get in touch.
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272

I just ordered some older boots (from '13-'14 tour) and got an email saying they came directly from the manufacturer and would come separately from other items in my order. I got the impression they were kinda made-to-order
    Banjo said:

I just ordered some older boots (from '13-'14 tour) and got an email saying they came directly from the manufacturer and would come separately from other items in my order. I got the impression they were kinda made-to-order
    thanks. cheers
  • JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    kc007 said:

Does anyone have any video of Daughter/Its okay/WMA or RVM from the 4/29 show?

I was on the rail in on Stone's side. I got very dizzy and was extremely overcome with emotion when they played Daughter. Daughter is the song that first brought me to Pearl Jam. I know for many of you its not your favorite song, but the lyrics knocked me down the very first time I heard it back in the '90s. Hearing it that night after hearing all of Ten was amazing. I fainted at one point during Daughter. My husband was holding me up and worried, he didn't know what was happening to me and I wasn't really sure at the time either. I managed to pull myself together and someone gave me some water. It seemed like an eternity during that song, I kept saying I need some water and the security guy was taking forever to get me some water. Finally they gave me some water. I felt better, but I was still very dizzy. My husband kept saying he wanted me to go sit down and we should leave. I begged him to let us stay. I was trying so hard to pull myself together. I didn't want to leave and I didn't want my husband to have to miss the show either. And once you leave the rail, you can't really come back.

Then they played RVM and I just don't remember a thing except the music rushing through me. RVM is one of my favorites songs. As a daily runner, I find myself listening to that song at least once during my 5 mile run each day. It just picks me up, helps me run faster and stronger.

Well my night ended abruptly, I fainted a second time at the end of RVM and security had to lift me out of the pit and take me up to first aid room to finish listening to the show.

I felt better by the end of the night, but the combination of no liquids after 1/2pm (stupid decision on my part) and jumping and dancing around took its toll on me and I was suffering from severe dehydration. I should note, I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, so my fainting was not from anything like that. I felt bad if I annoyed anyone around me, as I didn't want to ruin anyone's Pearl Jam concert experience. Despite the fact I missed the last encore, It was still the best show I've ever experienced.

If anyone has any video of Daughter and RVM from that night, I'd be so grateful if you could post them as I was in a complete fog during those songs and don't remember.

Thanks-

I'm so glad to find your update! I was a few people down from you toward Stone and I saw them take you over the rail. I haven't watched the videos yet of "Daughter" but Eddie seemed to keep an eagle eye on what was going on with you while he sang. He always is concerned about the fans and their wellbeing. I can't wait for this boot to hit the 10 Club store so I can relive the entire night, but I'm glad you're OK and hope you have another chance on the rail!
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    3 weeks ago, I was tailgating with friends about to see the greatest PJ performance ever.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    this is probably the best concert i will see in my life. :smile:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104

3 weeks ago, I was tailgating with friends about to see the greatest PJ performance ever.

that was a great day!!!!!!!HAD A BLAST TAILGAITING WITH YOU GUYS! can't wait til next tour!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

this is probably the best concert i will see in my life. :smile:

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430

that was a great day!!!!!!!HAD A BLAST TAILGAITING WITH YOU GUYS! can't wait til next tour!
    I will NEVER miss another Philly show. So glad I flew out. Tailgate same spot next time in philly. Hopefully some better weather but either way it will be a blast! Rock on
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Why is this show on sirius but not this site? I thought they were sync'd
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Release the boots!!!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    JK_Livin said:

Why is this show on sirius but not this site? I thought they were sync'd

There's a one week gap between Sirius premiere and bootleg release
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Almost boot day..
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• ChrisChuckChrisChuck Posts: 30
    can't wait for this boot! It's definitely my top show ever. The show came on the radio while I was driving home the other day and I ended up sitting my driveway for another 30 minutes while the rest of the family went inside...my wife thinks I'm nuts :) ...but I just had to hear "Release" again ..been waiting a long time to hear that one live.
  • BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 63
    Finally got the boot yesterday...its effing amazing!! I think most people knew during Evenflow that Ten was actually happening, but listening back those distinctive opening notes to Alive in the 3 spot finally confirms it and the party was on. Awesome to hear the blast from the crowd when Alive starts knowing what is now official. The deafening crowd noise that I experienced that night really comes through on the boot, just people going bonkers nearly until the first verse and then the singalong is on! Holy shit what a night! See ya at my hometown ballpark August 5!
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    edited June 2016
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/256030/6-7-16-psst#latest

Poster is up in the goods section.

Edit: and sold out in minutes.

Disregard
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • wouldyouhitmewouldyouhitme Posts: 166
    edited June 2016
    Dup
    Post edited by wouldyouhitme on
  • wouldyouhitmewouldyouhitme Posts: 166
    edited June 2016

Made a few of these for our crew to commemorate one of the best shows Ive ever seen.
    Post edited by wouldyouhitme on
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Made a few of these for our crew to commemorate one of the best shows Ive ever seen.

That's sweet.