Options

bad tickets?

21bottles21bottles Parkersburg, WV Posts: 27
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello all,
I guess I'll go through the normal and say "first time poster, long time listener." Anyways, the point for this post is to ask how crappy my tickets might be. You see, I'm not a 10 club member or whatever you gotta be to get the premium tickets. I ordered mine through ticketmaster the night they came on sale. I live in parkersburg, wv, about 3.5 hrs from both cleveland and pittsburgh so I got 2 tickets to each. That's about 250 bucks but according to both seating charts, they are behind the band. I've been a PJ fam since 10, back when I was a skateboarding punker in a redneck small town and I'm going to be bummed if the first time I actually get to see them I'm directly behind them. I guess, in short, my question is do they really sell tickets behind the band and did I just drop a whole lotta money so I can stare at the back of some speakers???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    they do sell tickets behind the band. the good news is that if its first level seating the seats arent that bad.
  • Options
    given2fallgiven2fall Posts: 98
    snipes824 wrote:
    they do sell tickets behind the band. the good news is that if its first level seating the seats arent that bad.
    What he said.
    Ed sometimes goes around the back to serenade you guys for a bit. And Matt just might toss you some drum sticks at the end of the show. If I couldn't get tenclub seats, I think I'd most prefer behind the stage. Besided, as far as actual linear distance goes, you'll be way closer than even many tenclub members.

"It was Luke's fault" (Ed after stumbling on Soon Forget at Kitchener '05)
  • Options
    pahoehoe13pahoehoe13 Posts: 16
    i've sat directly behind u2 in a similar venue and i'll tell you, its not as bad as you might think... for one, you can actually see the band, yes it's their backs most of the time but there's not really anything blocking them... and like has already been pointed out, you will be relatively close because the band will set up on that end of the arena facing the other way... so youre gonna be a lot closer even in the back row behind them, then you would in the back row directly in front of them
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    the sound sucks from behind the stage, and to me, sound quality is more important than my view of the band.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."