Levee Walkers 7 Inch

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,318
    @ Barrett Martin

Levee Walkers is a new global rock band anchored by Mike McCready, Duff McKagan, and Barrett Martin and features singers from around the world. The first single is out now featuring Jaz Coleman, and more singles are coming with men and women singers from Puerto Rico, Brazil, Canada, and of course, Seattle. Follows us at:

https://www.facebook.com/LeveeWalkers
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Clear vinyl has landed in the UK today :joy: I do wish 10c shipping was as quick as hockeytalkter; it costs the same for a single.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    Made it to the UK before Canada. Typical :)

Not all 10c shipping is bad. It's when they use UPS Mail Innovations that it's bad. I recently ordered the slip mat and they shipped it out via USPS and it was here in the usual two weeks (US to Canada shipping is usually 2 weeks... 1 week of which it sits waiting to go through customs). It would be nice if 10c abandoned UPS and used the regular 'ole post office for everything.
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Zod said:

Made it to the UK before Canada. Typical :)

Not all 10c shipping is bad. It's when they use UPS Mail Innovations that it's bad. I recently ordered the slip mat and they shipped it out via USPS and it was here in the usual two weeks (US to Canada shipping is usually 2 weeks... 1 week of which it sits waiting to go through customs). It would be nice if 10c abandoned UPS and used the regular 'ole post office for everything.

Absolutely. When things go in the normal post it is a week to 10 days. Mail innovations is 4-5 weeks in my experience. That being said, again in my experience, mail innovations post has a greater chance of sneeking through without customs duties which is obviously a massive bonus. I dont mind the tax as that is what it is, its the extra £8/9 royal mail charge on top which bugs me. Definitely a case of win some, lose some. I just like it when my records arrive quickly. Less chance of transit damage.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2016
    The two singles are really, really good. Has there been any news about an LP from them?? Nothing on their website, but maybe there has been some chatter? I am hoping hard that they make a whole album!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    PJ_Soul said:

The two singles are really, really good. Has there been any news about an LP from them?? Nothing on their website, but maybe there has been some chatter? I am hoping hard that they make a whole album!

Sounds like they just plan on releasing singles (with various singers) right now, but I agree, I'd love to hear an album!
    https://www.facebook.com/LeveeWalkers/photos/a.1718145685119721.1073741828.1714082205526069/1728533020747654/?type=3&theater

@ Levee Walkers

And this is Danko Jones from Toronto, Canada singing his 2 Levee Walkers songs. Duff and Barrett know Danko from the European and American festival circuit and have done interviews for his legendary podcast. It seemed only natural to get Danko's fierce voice on a couple Levee Walkers songs, and fierce it is indeed! Coming soon, thank you Danko!

@ Levee Walkers

This is Raquel Sofia from Puerto Rico! She was a Latin Grammy nominee for best new artist last year, and she sang 2 AMAZING songs for Levee Walkers. We're so honored to work with someone so talented and with such a beautiful voice. Thank you Raquel!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Finally got around to listening to this. "Tears for the West" is pretty awesome, really excited to hear what else they have to offer.
    edited May 2016
    They keep posting that all these different singers are singing for them.... Where are these songs? What are they doing with them? Who are The Levee Walkers exactly? If there is a different singer every couple of songs, I'm not really clear on what they're up to besides just messing around with various artists (which is cool... it's just hard to focus on as a fan).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    @ Levee Walkers

This is Seattle's own Ayron Jones, and he just recorded 2 songs for Levee Walkers at Barrett Martin's Sunyata Sound. Ayron is a ferocious guitarist and singer-songwriter and Barrett is currently producing his new album in Seattle. We are very excited about the songs Ayron sang for Levee Walkers so stay tuned for more songs coming out from all these talented singers from around the world over the next few months. Thank you to everyone who is following Levee Walkers and our new approach to making music with people we admire.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Scored one!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited May 2016
    I see.... hmmm. Okay. I will look forward to all of these songs... And never look forward to seeing this band live I suppose? It will be quite a trick getting all of the these different artists on stage together. This isn't really quite a "band" in the traditional sense, nor a supergroup. I appreciate what they're doing. It's just not what I expected. I was kind of pumped about the first two releases - I really liked them - so am a little disappointed that they aren't sticking together as a band with that group, just because I thought it worked so well. I didn't realize there would be no fixed singer. I guess I will stop hoping for that album I was dreaming of after the first two singles dropped. Anyway, what they are doing should sound cool. Maybe they'll end up doing a compilation album with all the songs they're doing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    RKCNDY said:

Scored one!

Any extra copies left? Would love one.
    demetrios said:

RKCNDY said:

Scored one!

Limit one per customer, there are 9 left...for now.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

RKCNDY said:

Scored one!

Limit one per customer, there are 9 left...for now.
    Ok. Must find a way ...

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889

and then there was none.
    Those went fast!

- Christopher McCandless

and then there was none.

Double d'oh!!!

I wish I could increase my profits by 150% just by signing shit.
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    PJ_Soul said:

And your point is?
    Were the signed copies @ Easy Street Records black vinyl or clear vinyl?
    demetrios said:

Black vinyl.

- Christopher McCandless

PJ_Soul said:

And your point is?
    My point is that I wish I could increase my profits by 150% just by signing shit.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

And your point is?
    My point is that I wish I could increase my profits by 150% just by signing shit.
    :lol:
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.
    For $40, they could have least made them clear.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    RKCNDY said:

Scored one!

Awesome!