Options

Songs that keep getting live slots

I love PJ, always have. Live shows are special and great songs rarely played while some song (let's face it, suck) yet played show after show after show. Dissident, spin the black circle they are just bad songs. Every show I've been to 9 total, I have had 1 if not both songs. Plus elderly woman, Alive, even flow. The radio killed those songs in the 90's and we seen these songs every show. W.M.A barely gets any run Jeremy doesn't get nearly the play Alive and Even Flow. The last album Pendulum and yellow moon are awesome yet every show gets mind your manners and lightning bolt. I love that they play like 30 plus songs every night. Just wonder about why some songs get so much live show love. If I created all of those songs Dissident would be the last song I'd ever play being bugs of course.

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Dissident is in my top 5, just sayin'. And in 13 shows over 16 years, I've never heard it live but would love to!

The setlist nitpicking/whining is getting a little out of hand, lately.
  • Options
    rcorporonrcorporon Posts: 5
    Spin the Black Circle is not a bad song....
  • Options
    PhishinPearlsPhishinPearls NYC Posts: 60

Dissident is in my top 5, just sayin'. And in 13 shows over 16 years, I've never heard it live but would love to!

The setlist nitpicking/whining is getting a little out of hand, lately.

Not sure who you're referring to.
  • Options
    that's fine if you like those songs but of the PJ catalog they are hardly worthy in comparison. If someone wanted introduced to PJ and requested 30 or so songs, Dissident would never come up.
  • Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 247
    edited December 2016
    Jviva77 said:

I love PJ, always have. Live shows are special and great songs rarely played while some song (let's face it, suck) yet played show after show after show. Dissident, spin the black circle they are just bad songs. Every show I've been to 9 total, I have had 1 if not both songs. Plus elderly woman, Alive, even flow. The radio killed those songs in the 90's and we seen these songs every show. W.M.A barely gets any run Jeremy doesn't get nearly the play Alive and Even Flow. The last album Pendulum and yellow moon are awesome yet every show gets mind your manners and lightning bolt. I love that they play like 30 plus songs every night. Just wonder about why some songs get so much live show love. If I created all of those songs Dissident would be the last song I'd ever play being bugs of course.

I do agree that Small Town, Alive, and Even Flow don't need to be played at every show, but they do need to play some hits for the casual fans. I personally would like to see Habit, Brain of J, Tremor Christ and Insignificance played more than just once on each tour.
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Dissident was only played 3 times in all of 2016. It's not played that regularly.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.