*** Toronto, ON Fanviews Here 5/12/16 ***

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Blgarden said:

Blgarden said:

arghh...! I hate to be the negative person (and everyone please don't hate me) but I need to vent somewhere. I'm surprised that everyone had a completely different experience than I did. I have been going to PJ concerts since 92 and I think this was the longest concert I've seen them play but also my least favourite show. Because they didn't play shows in Toronto for their last 2 albums (they played on the Backspacer tour but before the album came out so only two songs made the set... and they didn't hit Toronto for Lightning Bolt) I was hoping that they would play more from this material I've never seen them play live.
    I went in the show worried... I couldn't tickets for Night 1 and that set was right up my alley. I love Binaural and would have killed to see it played from start to finish. I was worried that after a Binaural night they would follow up with a Greatest Hits night and that's exactly what they did. They played 7 songs from Ten and only 8 songs from the set were released in this Century. There were highlights like Ocean, Alone and Breath but because most of the show was from pre-'96 it gave everything a nostalgic feel that I just couldn't get into. If they played those songs but worked in newer material the show would have flowed better. If they had just thrown in a song like Sirens or even some songs from the "Pearl Jam" album like Life Wasted I would have enjoyed it more. By the time they started playing "Black" I was like, "please! No more Ten! No more Ten!" and then they followed that up with Alive. I went to both PJ20 Toronto shows and those were far less nostalgic than last night was. A far better mix in those sets.
    I know most disagree with me on this but that was just how the show played for me. So if anyone else out there was bored at the show last night you weren't alone.

Ed is known for taking past set lists into consideration. I'm sure it's difficult to do, especially since they have hit Toronto so many times. They played 4 songs from the last two records. I can't say that's a lot, but it's not bad.
    I don't know how much past set lists came into consideration. A lot of the non hits played last night (Crazy Mary - with Boom/Mike solo, Present Tense, Baba...) are songs that have been played a few times in Toronto as well. I can see why some people liked last night... the band seemed to be having lots of fun... but I just couldn't get into it. It felt like a show I've seen already before.
    i think the key thing to consider in all of this is that these days is the makeup of the people at the show ... there are a lot of people who aren't hard core fans ... i've never heard so many people I know say they were going to the show or got offered tickets to the show and I know they aren't hard core fans ... last night's show was all TM tickets and/or corporate seats ... i feel like the hardcore fan is in the minority at these shows ... they have to play to the larger audience ... they are getting awesome reviews online (nowtoronto gave them 5 N's - that's like the highest) ...

i haven't been to a gazillion shows - maybe 15-20 but I've seen them since 1995 and i've heard most of all those songs last night a ton (all except oceans of course :blush: ) and for me because I haven't seen them in a couple of years - it was great to hear again ...

i can see how if you are fan who's going to 3+ shows per tour - last night's setlist won't appeal but for the average fan these days - it's one that works ...
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823

NWOntario said:

I'm not sure it's been mentioned here or in the other Toronto setlist/fanview threads, but the band's giving money to Fort McMurray relief efforts which, as an erstwhile Albertan living in Toronto, touched me pretty deeply. But there was also something about helping kids with (I believe) EB? Is this something new? Ed said they'd helped facilitate a collaboration between an existing research group and Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. Someone? Bueller?

at St Paul 2014, Ed brought out a doctor from the local hospital that is leading the research into EB and he spoke to the crowd for a good 10-15 minutes. Ed took on this cause as one of his friends' children suffers from EB. And I mean SUFFERS. it is a rare, yet horrible disease.
    Cheers. I work at U of T and I'm a SickKids alum, and hearing both institutions get shout-outs was a goosebump moment extraordinaire.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • BlgardenBlgarden Posts: 22
    polaris_x said:

Blgarden said:

Blgarden said:

arghh...! I hate to be the negative person (and everyone please don't hate me) but I need to vent somewhere. I'm surprised that everyone had a completely different experience than I did. I have been going to PJ concerts since 92 and I think this was the longest concert I've seen them play but also my least favourite show. Because they didn't play shows in Toronto for their last 2 albums (they played on the Backspacer tour but before the album came out so only two songs made the set... and they didn't hit Toronto for Lightning Bolt) I was hoping that they would play more from this material I've never seen them play live.
    I went in the show worried... I couldn't tickets for Night 1 and that set was right up my alley. I love Binaural and would have killed to see it played from start to finish. I was worried that after a Binaural night they would follow up with a Greatest Hits night and that's exactly what they did. They played 7 songs from Ten and only 8 songs from the set were released in this Century. There were highlights like Ocean, Alone and Breath but because most of the show was from pre-'96 it gave everything a nostalgic feel that I just couldn't get into. If they played those songs but worked in newer material the show would have flowed better. If they had just thrown in a song like Sirens or even some songs from the "Pearl Jam" album like Life Wasted I would have enjoyed it more. By the time they started playing "Black" I was like, "please! No more Ten! No more Ten!" and then they followed that up with Alive. I went to both PJ20 Toronto shows and those were far less nostalgic than last night was. A far better mix in those sets.
    I know most disagree with me on this but that was just how the show played for me. So if anyone else out there was bored at the show last night you weren't alone.

Ed is known for taking past set lists into consideration. I'm sure it's difficult to do, especially since they have hit Toronto so many times. They played 4 songs from the last two records. I can't say that's a lot, but it's not bad.
    I don't know how much past set lists came into consideration. A lot of the non hits played last night (Crazy Mary - with Boom/Mike solo, Present Tense, Baba...) are songs that have been played a few times in Toronto as well. I can see why some people liked last night... the band seemed to be having lots of fun... but I just couldn't get into it. It felt like a show I've seen already before.
    i think the key thing to consider in all of this is that these days is the makeup of the people at the show ... there are a lot of people who aren't hard core fans ... i've never heard so many people I know say they were going to the show or got offered tickets to the show and I know they aren't hard core fans ... last night's show was all TM tickets and/or corporate seats ... i feel like the hardcore fan is in the minority at these shows ... they have to play to the larger audience ... they are getting awesome reviews online (nowtoronto gave them 5 N's - that's like the highest) ...

i haven't been to a gazillion shows - maybe 15-20 but I've seen them since 1995 and i've heard most of all those songs last night a ton (all except oceans of course :blush: ) and for me because I haven't seen them in a couple of years - it was great to hear again ...

i can see how if you are fan who's going to 3+ shows per tour - last night's setlist won't appeal but for the average fan these days - it's one that works ...
    I have to point out that all the great reviews are for Night 1. Now's 5 N review was exactly because the band went weird and played Binaural.
    Blgarden said:

polaris_x said:

Blgarden said:

Blgarden said:

I have to point out that all the great reviews are for Night 1. Now's 5 N review was exactly because the band went weird and played Binaural.
    pretty sure the reviews for night 2 would be the same ...
    what is the song that is played after the show?
  • BlgardenBlgarden Posts: 22
    polaris_x said:

Blgarden said:

polaris_x said:

Blgarden said:

Blgarden said:

you're probably right. but because you brought up the Now review I wanted to point out that the Now review praises night 1's show because of how different it was from any other show the reviewer had seen and specifically mentions that the playing of Binaural made the show awesome. I'm sure if night 2 was the only concert the reviews would still be good. Just didn't work for me.
    Blgarden said:

polaris_x said:

Blgarden said:

polaris_x said:

Blgarden said:

Blgarden said:

you're probably right. but because you brought up the Now review I wanted to point out that the Now review praises night 1's show because of how different it was from any other show the reviewer had seen and specifically mentions that the playing of Binaural made the show awesome. I'm sure if night 2 was the only concert the reviews would still be good. Just didn't work for me.
    that review also mentions mike mcready (who was great last night), eddie's rants and the encores which had the "hits" ...

but for sure - totally get why it wasn't for you ... just wanted to give some perspective as to why they have to play shows like they did last night ...
  • jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    Him giving a shoutout to SickKids was amazing. My cousin was born with a brain schist, and they were the best through the whole process. She's happy and healthy now and I have them to thank for it. Doing right again by helping out with this.

Go PJ and SickKids!!
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    The Now review is a bit of mess. He writes that the show was the final one of the leg, then references the performance of Binaural. His twitter feed suggests the he went to both nights so he knows the difference (and the review was published before the Thursday show so it was certainly a review of Tuesday's show.)

I thought both shows were great. Can't wait for the next Buffalo/Southern Ontario visit.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • pineapplesandwaves.pineapplesandwaves. GTA Posts: 1,808
    edited May 2016
    polaris_x said:

. plus, even my request for Oceans which wasn't even in its own thread! ...

I was so happy to hear Oceans!! I was disappointed when it was scratched from the setlist in Toronto in 2011, so it was nice to see that it replaced a scratched song (Pendulum) this time around!

Last night was phenomenal!! What a rockin' start to the show and it was a great mix of songs overall. One of my favourite shows!
    Post edited by pineapplesandwaves. on
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    I am wiped out. 6 shows in 2 weeks and I'm ready for the break until Fenway. I don't know how they do it. I know they scaled touring down a bit but still, the effort for 3 straight hours on stage, and the prep before hand, the travel, the drinking, it's impressive for a bunch of 50 year olds

They were on fire both nights in Toronto and it's amazing how much effort and feeling they put in each and every night into a porch or a black making it seem extra special for the one show a tour people.

If you look at both nights, the collection of songs was absurd. Granted they played all of binaural but that's a half dozen shows or more worth of special songs.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • twenty3footstepstwenty3footsteps Toronto Posts: 37
    my2hands said:

nycrats said:

Also eds story about the cab driver in Miami was pretty surprising
    Usually rock and roll is all "peace and love and let's change the world through positives" but instead he was so angry saying "fuck that guy I hope he dies tomorrow". Granted the guy sounds like a giant asshole but that's a lot of anger going over to the dark side. You could really feel eds seething hatred. Sure, fuck that prejudiced prick but wishing all your enemies dead is pretty harsh.

I was listening on periscope...

I thought what Ed said about the guy dying was fucking disgusting... talk about intolerant... hoping for a person to die just because they are an asshole?

Grow the fuck up Ed, set a better example for your kids
    Easy now...that quote you are referring to is not accurate, he didn't wish anyone dead
    caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go...

08/22/98 Molson Park, Barrie, Ontario - 10/05/00 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 06/28/03 Molson Amphitheater, Toronto, Ontario - 09/19/05 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 05/09/06 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 05/10/06 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 08/21/09 Molson Amphitheater, Toronto, Ontario - 05/10/10 HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY - 09/11/11 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 09/12/11 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 09/15/11 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario - 10/12/13 First Niagra Center, Buffalo, NY - 09/26/15 Great Lawn, Central Park, NY - 05/05/16 Centre Vidéotron, Quebec City, Quebec - 05/08/16 Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, Ontario - 05/12/16 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 08/20/16 Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL - 11/14/16 The Forum, LA, California (TOTD)
  • jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    edited May 2016
    Green Disease, Blood, Alone, Inside Job!!!
    Post edited by jordan k on
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    nycrats said:

I am wiped out. 6 shows in 2 weeks and I'm ready for the break until Fenway. I don't know how they do it.

No kidding! :lol: My voice has taken a turn for the deep and my body is all sore hahaha But it was so worth it!

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I can't believe we made it to this and I am so happy that we did. We had a blast. I remember checking the forum from bed at midnight on Sunday one last time before going to bed. The top post was about the ticket drop in TO. I immediately went to the site and had really good seats in the cart and the time was ticking down to buy them. My wife and I went back and forth. We needed a babysitter and plane tickets but decided to pull the trigger literally with seconds left on the clock.

The show itself was unreal. My wife's favourite song since we I've known her is Nothingman. When that first note was struck she screamed at the top of her lungs and started jumping up and down. People turned around to make sure she was ok lol.

Present Tense live is by far the best experience that I have ever had at a concert ever. I was just in awe the whole time.

Having Oceans in the second spot of the first encore was a real surprise and sounded great. Then to have it followed by Inside Job was unbelievable. That song needs to be played more live.

Also did anyone else notice the huge reaction to Unthought Known. I love the song but surprised at the huge pop the crowd gave during the song. It completely caught me off guard and loved it. What a great show and I am still coming down off of the high that we had.
  • szechuanszechuan Posts: 17
    NWOntario said:

NWOntario said:

I'm not sure it's been mentioned here or in the other Toronto setlist/fanview threads, but the band's giving money to Fort McMurray relief efforts which, as an erstwhile Albertan living in Toronto, touched me pretty deeply. But there was also something about helping kids with (I believe) EB? Is this something new? Ed said they'd helped facilitate a collaboration between an existing research group and Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. Someone? Bueller?

at St Paul 2014, Ed brought out a doctor from the local hospital that is leading the research into EB and he spoke to the crowd for a good 10-15 minutes. Ed took on this cause as one of his friends' children suffers from EB. And I mean SUFFERS. it is a rare, yet horrible disease.
    Cheers. I work at U of T and I'm a SickKids alum, and hearing both institutions get shout-outs was a goosebump moment extraordinaire.
    Amazing shows, both nights in TO! So glad I had the chance to be there.

Just wanted to mention for anyone interested to investigate further, this is the US organization that Ed and his wife are involved with: https://ebresearch.org/#

For those of us North of the border, this is the Canadian organization raising funds for EB: http://debracanada.org/

The stories of these kids and their families are absolutely heartbreaking, and at the same time I've found it inspiring to see the strength they possess to carry on and find joy (as perhaps only a child can) in the face of such a "diabolical" disease. Good on Ed to raise awareness and hope this encourages at least some of the almost 20,000 in attendance last night to look into it and perhaps take up the cause.
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    polaris_x said:

what is the song that is played after the show?

Closing Time by Tom Waits.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Night 2 was not as Epic as night one for me but it was pretty damn good too. IMO it was the best version of Black I have ever heard or seen. The crowd seemed mesmerized and all as one for a few moments. No arms were raised in the entire arena with the red lights and only the sound of 16000 or however many there singing doo do doo doo doo dooooo and Mike's solo in it was killer.

Garden was great, Last Exit, Present Tense, Blood, Oceans, Breath, Lukin, Porch always kills.

Overall it was a great fucking two night stretch in Toronto. Best two nighter of the tour IMO
    And that city is full of cool people and plenty of shit to do, If an NBA playoff game has you stranded an extra day, it's a good city to be stranded in ;)
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • UndrakanUndrakan Donostia - San Sebastian Posts: 113
    Garden, Cropduster, G. Disease, P. Tense, Alone, Oceans, Inside Job, Breath, C. Mary...It's an amazing setlist. Of course, they can play whatever they want, it will always work for me. What this band does and gives is so much!!
    I have some troubles in my life,and I need to change some parts of it. PJ always gives me wisdom, strength and inspiration to keep working to be a better human being, and all the tour has been an unreal, magical healing process. But the last night I wasn't at my best during the show. I did enjoy it, but I was not feeling well. I did realize that I have to work much more. And the show was a great lesson to know it. I need to keep working, I want to keep working, and I will keep working.
    Thank you Pearl Jam, thank you all PJ family. Forever grateful.
    See you next time!
  • Blgarden said:

If you were only going to one Toronto show and you've seen a lot of shows I totally understand wanting to hear something other than Ten...but wanting to hear sirens? You lost me...
  • GJ125369GJ125369 Canada Posts: 40
    Another great show! Solid mix of songs from different albums and alternating between rarities and popular tracks IMO. Garden was my white whale song so loved that they played it. I said in my Night 1 fanview that I was disappointed they didn’t play Breath with SoLaT in the second encore so was great to get it in Night 2. I love Present Tense live and Inside Job is my favourite track off Avocado. A little surprising they didn’t play more songs off Lightning Bolt.
    I was in section 301 and it was the first time in the 10 shows I’ve attended that I’ve been in an area where a lot of people were sitting for the majority of the show. There was a girl in front of me on the end of row 2 who came solo and was on her feet for the entire show which I was loving. To each their own though, I was just locked into the band. It’s hard to describe but I wish I could always feel the way that I do when I’m at a Pearl Jam concert. It was truly an amazing couple of nights, can’t wait until next time!
  • kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    edited May 2016

I grew up playing competitive baseball with Geddy Lee's son (roughly ages 8-13). I was too young to appreciate that Geddy was famous. We played tournaments all over Ontario most weekends. Geddy was always one of the nicest and most easygoing of all the dads. Would have never known he was famous if you didn't recognize him. When I learned who he was my mind was totally blown.

That is fucking rad. So cool Geddy is sitting there side stage just taking it easy enjoying the show. I love Rush and believe he is totally down to earth. Glad PJ mentioned them, it would be cool to have them do a Rush tune next time they're in Canada... not Cygnus X-1 but maybe one of the more straight forward tunes like Limelight.
    I also used to work out at the same gym as Geddy (Geddy got personal training from the gym owner). I was friendly with one of the other trainers there, this big guy named Kris who grew up in India and then New Zealand (to play rugby). He had just been in Canada for about a year. One week Geddy's trainer was away so he asked Kris to fill in for him. Kris goes to meet Geddy, starts up the workout and asks "so, what do you do?" Geddy doesn't get asked this question a lot and says "I'm a musician." Kris asks "oh, what kind of music? Classical, jazz, what?" Geddy says he plays in a rock band. Kris: "and you make enough money doing that to support yourself? Good for you!" Kris gets a call the next day from his boss (Geddy's regular trainer) who says that Geddy loved his session, and oh by the way Kris, the guy is a gigantic star and has sold tens of millions of records. Kris was mortified but told me "how would I know this quiet guy is a big rock star? He was just a regular guy!"
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 532

I grew up playing competitive baseball with Geddy Lee's son (roughly ages 8-13). I was too young to appreciate that Geddy was famous. We played tournaments all over Ontario most weekends. Geddy was always one of the nicest and most easygoing of all the dads. Would have never known he was famous if you didn't recognize him. When I learned who he was my mind was totally blown.

That is fucking rad. So cool Geddy is sitting there side stage just taking it easy enjoying the show. I love Rush and believe he is totally down to earth. Glad PJ mentioned them, it would be cool to have them do a Rush tune next time they're in Canada... not Cygnus X-1 but maybe one of the more straight forward tunes like Limelight.
    I also used to work out at the same gym as Geddy (Geddy got personal training from the gym owner). I was friendly with one of the other trainers there, this big guy named Kris who grew up in India and then New Zealand (to play rugby). He had just been in Canada for about a year. One week Geddy's trainer was away so he asked Kris to fill in for him. Kris goes to meet Geddy, starts up the workout and asks "so, what do you do?" Geddy doesn't get asked this question a lot and says "I'm a musician." Kris asks "oh, what kind of music? Classical, jazz, what?" Geddy says he plays in a rock band. Kris: "and you make enough money doing that to support yourself? Good for you!" Kris gets a call the next day from his boss (Geddy's regular trainer) who says that Geddy loved his session, and oh by the way Kris, the guy is a gigantic star and has sold tens of millions of records. Kris was mortified but told me "how would I know this quiet guy is a big rock star? He was just a regular guy!"
    This is why you have to love Geddy.

Geddy Vedder
  • bmaguirebmaguire Detroit Posts: 119
    Well Last night was awesome...I got what I wanted..

GENERAL ADMISSION ....by luck....Ed looked straight at me twice..

I was in line for Merchandise got my shirt poster and my Show Specific sticker and was telling the security guard it was the 25th Anniversary tour..... he was like that's cool....I said," I'm a die hard Detroit Red Wing fan, but I wanted the Toronto Maple Leaf PJ Jerseys".... or in my mind a Quebec jersey they had left over from that show.to boot..

Fast forward from 6 to 8:25pm to walking to my seats in section 315 behind the stage ...The same security guard says, "Hey buddy you want a wrist band""""" I was like Omg your kidding...

Main floor...General admission. .I was at Fort Lauderdale(10C lower bowl), Miami (Ticketscammers.com section 300) and those cab drivers, Tampa (10C reserved main) floor and now Toronto II, I finally got what I wanted GA but luck.

Omg what a set list...The sound...Mike M came to the back of GA and played ...Eddie walked right up to a friend Molly I met in the merch line who was from Michigan, but now resides in TO...

And to Danny who I met a the Fundraiser party...who I had a picture with in Detroit in 2014 with our PJ 1998 Soccer Jerseys..

Also to my new buddy Justin who wore the Seattle Supersonic Jersey Eddie took home with him, rock out Justin I have a cool video for you if you read this IM or message me.

Toronto, Pearl Jam, to all my new 10c friends .....what a show.

Chicago I and II is the icing on the the cake.

I can't wait.....

Bob Maguire

2018 Chicago, IL
    2018 Seattle, WA
    2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL
    2016 Miami, FL
    2016 Tampa, FL
    2016 Toronto, Canada II
    2016 Chicago, IL I
    2016 Chicago, IL II
    2014 Detroit, MI
    2006 Cleveland, OH
    2004 Toldeo, OH
    2003 Auburn Hills, MI
    1998 Lansing, MI
    1998 Auburn Hills, MI
    1992 Clarkston, MI
  • Alone is my "Holy Grail" song. I've been hoping for it for 26 shows and I practically couldn't stop jumping up and down with excitement during it. It was a moment I will cherish forever.

Seeing Oceans as well live was also a dream come true.

These past two shows in Toronto were absolutely magical experiences. I'm still trying to process how amazing they were. Thank you Pearl Jam and thank you to the amazing crowds! Cheers!
  • breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 363
    edited May 2016
    my2hands wrote:

I was listening on periscope...

I thought what Ed said about the guy dying was fucking disgusting... talk about intolerant... hoping for a person to die just because they are an asshole?

Grow the fuck up Ed, set a better example for your Kids

… now being back in Europe but after having read (at the Airport) the surprising Posts about Ed’s speech, I just want to throw in my 2cents (but of course, as always with some delay ... sorry)

I really do not understand why people would get these words so wrong.
    We all should know by now what this Band stands for after more than 20 years being just authentic and always true to their philosophy.
    That is what I am so impressed and touched by: they have been stood to their opinion and themselves all the way long and hardly never compromised!

So why accusing, why drawing the experience the other way around – when we just know what the band‘s (and Eddie’s) intentions are!!! - hey hey they sing about it all the time!!!
    Isn't it easily understood, that if you play for hours and be in such an energy loaded surrounding that the wording can be difficult and not so perfectly chosen for expressing what is really meant?
    I for sure appreciated what was said about the tolerance and kindness experienced in Canada and about the wish, that maybe, sooner than later, there is a chance that such ol‘ fat and hateful ideas and opinions of ol‘ unhappy angry people will die out – and Love, Peace, Tolerance will grow and take over instead!
    - that is what I understood at the show!

And I am just thankful that Pearl Jam has taken over this spoke person role in such a great and wonderful manner for such a long and steady time now!!! The ideas and perspectives they sing about through their wise lyrics and the speeches during live gigs mean as much to me as the stunning, always perfectly played music.

So I just loved the many good, meaningful and kinda waking up songs played, and yesterday, when I drove from the city to the countryside I listened the first time to Mexico Boot. And the ok tag with the change in wording: IT IS NOT THE END reflected all the intense positive impressions I received at all 3 gigs in beautiful Canada.
    And I just hope today these good+positive vibes which were felt so clearly - also through and in the audience- will last for a while and will spread further –

Thanks again soo much Pearl Jam and Canada for this wonderful "Ride" I was able to enjoy so much. Thanks for the hope and just good vibes I took with me now back home to my city…

VIVA Pearl Jam

please Rock on and don't grow up ;)

Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

Alone is my "Holy Grail" song. I've been hoping for it for 26 shows and I practically couldn't stop jumping up and down with excitement during it. It was a moment I will cherish forever.

Same. And I've heard it a few times. It's still a holy grail song for me. Any show with almy me can't be bad in my book
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    I thought Eds comments were warranted mostly because I live in Florida and hear these racist remarks every day. The question we should be asking is okay, some people hate other people who are different than them, but who taught them that? Where is the lack of understanding and compassion being seeded? Does it start at home, in the schools, churches I have to say yes. It was most likely learned from someone else. It's because people are just afraid.

The question we should be asking is how do we turn intolerance and ignorance into some small amount of understanding.... Like yeah I don't get those gay people but whatever, God made them too, right? It feels like all those things Jesus was trying to teach us, what he said, the basics.... love thy neighbor, don't kill shit unless you're gonna eat it, don't throw the stone unless you have no sins yourself, we can't even get that right. No wonder he hasn't been back.
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    Sorry maybe that should have been posted on a different thread ;) As far as the show, it was very unexpected and overwhelming to hear so much energy from every song continuously, all the rarities and usuals, and the crowd giving it all right back in triplefold waves. It gives me hope yeah its corny but its the sheer strength of an idea called love. I love the world again because of PJ. Thanks you fuckers!
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    While I'm going to love the crap out the Binaural night boot, I'm actually more eager to listen to this night. Except when they arrive I'll still listen in order, to satisfy my slight ocd, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022