The Headstones

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    It's not new material. Well, two songs are new. The rest are old hits "reimagined" (it's too simplistic to call it acoustic). Should be cool. Hugh mentioned at the last winnipeg show he'll see us in the summer, so I'm hoping it's a sit down affair. That would be so different for this band.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

they played a show at the Horseshoe in Toronto last night. Played an acoustic set from the new record apparently. Hope they do that in Winnipeg next summer!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

listening to nothing but Hugh & Co today. Might watch Hard Core Logo tonight.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I want Picture of Health on vinyl!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

RobbyD462 said:

I want Picture of Health on vinyl!

I keep badgering Hugh about that. He keeps saying "maybe the next one!". I don't get it. bands of much lesser fame do vinyl. not sure why they won't do it. especially One In The Chamber Music. that record SCREAMS to be on vinyl.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

At least greatest fits! ;)

listening to their Power 97 (Winnipeg radio station) all acoustic 5 song set. awesome.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

the band tweeted that they are "writing and rehearsing" and looking to come out of hibernation. New music already? I'LL TAKE IT!! they have a few summer shows booked around Ontario already, so maybe some type of summer EP release and tour.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    would love to see some Headstones reissued on vinyl
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Hugh mentioned that their next record, out this winter I think, will be issued on vinyl. pretty cool.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

a few tour dates coming up:
    Nov 26th Victoria BC at the Distrikt
    Nov 27th Vancouver at the Commodore
    Nov 28th Calgary Marquee Beer Market
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Thinking about going to the Victoria show.I haven't seen these fellas in years.

Hugh mentioned that their next record, out this winter I think, will be issued on vinyl. pretty cool.

a little disappointed. first it was the new record. then it was an EP. now they are still calling it an EP, but it's two songs on 12". and it's $42. 42 fucking dollars for two songs. limited to 300. did I buy it? of course I did.

but jesus. that's crazy.

A side: Fuck It
    B side: One By One

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

bought a few days ago! a bit pricey!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bought a few days ago! a bit pricey!

It's saying $25 US dollars? It's an ep so yeah, but it is only 300 pieces!
    it's 2 songs. mine was $42 CDN (shipping included). for 2 songs on vinyl. that's outrageous.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

two shows next week: Brandon on Jan 21st and Winnipeg Jan 22nd. Can't wait.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rylanrylan Posts: 204
    How were the shows man? Wishing they would have stopped in t-bay. Those were the best shows ever!!
    Epic. Met the band after the brandon show (except Hugh-he jumped in his car at 1am right after the show and took off for Winnipeg, a 2 1/2 hour drive in a blizzard in the middle of the night-nutcase). The winnipeg show was off the hook with energy.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rylanrylan Posts: 204
    Awesome man! Hope to catch them again if they keep doing these random shows. The shows in Thunder Bay from high school are some of the best I've ever seen, energy was always through the roof and Hugh was always an animal on stage!
    Dale Harrison quits Headstones:
    May 9 2016
    Dale Harrison (drummer) departs Headstones

It is with mixed emotion that I announce my departure from the Headstones drum chair to make way for other endeavors. It has been a 22 year adventure that has now come to a close for me with the band.
    In May ‘94 I was recruited to tour “Picture Of Health”, record and help finish the second album "Teeth & Tissue" after the departure of Mark Gibson the drummer who helped craft the first disc. I was accepted as the new member by our fans and have been the drummer ever since. It is my hope that Headstones fans will show whomever replaces me the same respect I’ve enjoyed ever since. In 2003 after 9 ½ years of hardcore touring and five albums later the Headstones took a much needed Hiatus. In 2011 we reunited and continued to hammer out our brand of chaos to incredible audiences and played slews of awesome gigs across Canada and bordering US cites. During that time we also accomplished production of 2 fresh album's and a 12" vinyl single.
    I will always reflect on this time in my life with great pride but I feel it is now time to move on and follow my own aspirations. I wish the best to the boys in the band whom I’ve called brothers for many years. I will miss the team at Bernie Breen management who were and will always be like family to me.
    Perhaps one day our schedules will align again! Until then “Adios amigos”! All the best! Be well! Oh and stay tuned folks for what projects I've got coming up! PVTA!

Sincerely;
    Dale Harrison
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Headstones playing a show in London England on Halloween. Also, they have posted a clip of a new song they are working on for the next record on all their social media platforms.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Big things going on in Headstonia.

-press release coming tomorrow.
    -I had PM'd Hugh Dillon on twitter a week or so ago asking if he'd be interested in me writing a book about the band, he responded with a pic of the book jacket of the upcoming book on the band!
    -Then yesterday they posted a pic of their demo cassette! in shrink wrap! I'm hoping they reissue it!
    -also they posted some old video footage of them in a rehearsal space with their first drummer (who was the drummer on Demo Gods and their first major-Picture of Health).
    -new album coming soon as well.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

http://www.fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2017/02/15/cadence-lands-headstones-new-album-spring

Hugh Dillon’s Headstones are back into the studio recording a new album entitled Little Army, which will be released this spring through Cadence Music.

This isn’t just one more studio venture from a band that has made career headlines since busting out of Kingston, ON back in 1993.

Headstones are bringing everyone into the fold and offering a behind the scenes look at the making of this album, produced by Hugh Dillon and Chris Osti --co-writer on the band’s hugely successful 2014 release, Love + Fury.

Starting tonight, the band will be live streaming and posting on their social media accounts from The Tragically Hip's Bathouse Studio in Kingston, Revolution in Toronto, and Engine Room Audio in NYC.

"In true Canadian fashion, we trekked through a huge snow storm last year to meet the guys and hear the new songs. The enthusiasm in the room was incredible and the deal was cemented on the spot!," says Cadence Music Group President and CEO Iain Taylor.

Headstones frontman Hugh Dillon, also thrilled about this partnership, says, "It's outstanding to see people in the music business who still give a shit about music, I haven't felt this way since Picture of Health. It's exciting."

Headstones are one of Canada's most enduring and hardest rocking bands. Formed in 1987, the band's debut release Picture of Health (1993) was certified Platinum, selling in excess of 100,000 copies and spinning off the singles "When Something Stands For Nothing", "Cemetery", "Tweeter and the Monkey Man" and "Three Angels".

The band has since gone on to release seven studio albums and countless chart singles, including the aforementioned “When Something Stands For Nothing,” which was certified platinum in 2011.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hugh messaged me on twitter late last night.

"yo" is all it said.

weird.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

new single Devil's On Fire is up on itunes. Get it instantly when you pre-order the new record, Little Army, out June 2nd.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

*crickets*

band is doing the festival circuit this summer, proper album tour this fall. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited July 2017
    original drummer Mark Gibson who played on Picture of Health died a few weeks ago. 

Iconic Canadian rockers Headstones, led by frontman Hugh Dillon, have issued the following heartfelt message:

"We are deeply saddened to say that Mark Gibson, the original drummer and co-founding member of the Headstones, passed away on Tuesday (June 13th).

Mark was there from the very beginning - before albums, studios or record deals, postering the streets when we were just a little unknown band playing around town. He co-wrote many of the songs on the debut album Picture Of Health. Together we toured relentlessly, coast to coast.

Not only were his drum parts brilliant, but he was a solid creative force as well... the guy who would always push for more interesting parts than the 'standard bullshit' as he called it - because he knew that being in a real rock band meant something, and he wanted the music to reflect that.

Our heartfelt condolences to his family."

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD