*** New York, NY Fanviews Here 5/2/16 ***

Comments

• jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Or they could just release their bootlegs for free and stream the soundboard audio for free like widespread panic does.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Panic streams for free. Still need pay for the download. You can stream a TON of PJ for $12/month on the nugs.net app. Totally worth it
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    I know most people won't agree with me but I thought the show was awesome. Best band in the world!!!!!
  • nsmooth78nsmooth78 Posts: 36

MB93672 said:

Give it to the kid ya fuck

I was the owner of "the kid". He had a blast but was mostly in awe all night. His first show so next time he'll be able to rock the hell out.

So thankful for the people looking out for us all night! Like 95% of the people around us were amazing. A couple of drunk elbows to his face were probably to be expected so he definitely earned his tambourine! Hell, an 11 year old standing anywhere for 5+ hours deserves something.

He is still talking about it and was shocked to actually be so close to the band. Even if he doesn't know who Sting or Cheap Trick are. And he's already asking me when the boot will come out!

Also, anyone have any good pictures from stones side of the pit? I was a bit too busy trying to take care of him and rock out at the same time I didn't take many.

Hey dude, glad you posted cause as you are "the dad" of "the kid" , I am "the fuck".. Yup, instant fame, although not the kind I was lookin for..hahha. I did not arrive at the show as the fuck or by any means intend to leave the show as the fuck but as I'm reading here, fanview included (dammit) and ,so I'm told, on Facebook and other places (still waiting for the Rolling Stone review) i am officially now "the fuck". So I'll try to keep this short but I gotta air it out a little. I'll start with an apology, for any elbows or stepped on toes, I like to dance and sing and bounce around. You guys were behind me and my 3 friends were in front of me , everybody definitely energized by a crazy set and bein that close to the action so again, if that did happen, my apologies. As for the tambourine though, gotta be honest, i had no idea it was for him. I may have been watching Mike across the stage or Jeff, I'm not even sure, all happened in a blink but I can 100% honestly say I did not hear Eddie utter the words "this is for the kid".. when I saw it on YouTube the next day I was like oh shit.. Just a moment in time, saw a tambourine flying , grabbed it, didn't know it was for the kid but I was quickly made aware as you know,, lol. And to clear another thing up I was not drunk, as some people claim. Maybe punch drunk after waiting 14 hours on the street, hallway, pit, (all worth it btw) but I was dd back to NJ, didn't have a sip of alcohol the entire time. But regardless, I've been to enough shows, was my 34th including most Nj/NY area gigs since '96 everything from Randall's Island in the rain, to Robinhood Foundation to Eddie solo at the NJ Pac, road trips plane rides, the point is i've been to enough shows to know what a foul is and clearly this appeared to be and I guess I hafta even take it as one cause it happened but I'd call it more like a reach in foul than a flagrant. Maybe even a double technical considering the lumps I'm takin online the past few days and the endless texts: you fuck, you fucka,etc. It's funny and all good in the end, I'll go back in hiding till Fenway, but let the record show I would never knowingly steal or take a tambourine, a guitar pic, a bicycle, a basketball, a bottle of wine or anything else that Ed throws off stage to a little kid, that's not me, that's not cool, seems so fukin simple now, doesn't it. Peace

P.s. Blindmelonade , glad the little guy got his tambourine. Memory for a lifetime
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    nsmooth78 said:

MB93672 said:

I was the owner of "the kid". He had a blast but was mostly in awe all night. His first show so next time he'll be able to rock the hell out.

So thankful for the people looking out for us all night! Like 95% of the people around us were amazing. A couple of drunk elbows to his face were probably to be expected so he definitely earned his tambourine! Hell, an 11 year old standing anywhere for 5+ hours deserves something.

He is still talking about it and was shocked to actually be so close to the band. Even if he doesn't know who Sting or Cheap Trick are. And he's already asking me when the boot will come out!

Also, anyone have any good pictures from stones side of the pit? I was a bit too busy trying to take care of him and rock out at the same time I didn't take many.

Hey dude, glad you posted cause as you are "the dad" of "the kid" , I am "the fuck".. Yup, instant fame, although not the kind I was lookin for..hahha. I did not arrive at the show as the fuck or by any means intend to leave the show as the fuck but as I'm reading here, fanview included (dammit) and ,so I'm told, on Facebook and other places (still waiting for the Rolling Stone review) i am officially now "the fuck". So I'll try to keep this short but I gotta air it out a little. I'll start with an apology, for any elbows or stepped on toes, I like to dance and sing and bounce around. You guys were behind me and my 3 friends were in front of me , everybody definitely energized by a crazy set and bein that close to the action so again, if that did happen, my apologies. As for the tambourine though, gotta be honest, i had no idea it was for him. I may have been watching Mike across the stage or Jeff, I'm not even sure, all happened in a blink but I can 100% honestly say I did not hear Eddie utter the words "this is for the kid".. when I saw it on YouTube the next day I was like oh shit.. Just a moment in time, saw a tambourine flying , grabbed it, didn't know it was for the kid but I was quickly made aware as you know,, lol. And to clear another thing up I was not drunk, as some people claim. Maybe punch drunk after waiting 14 hours on the street, hallway, pit, (all worth it btw) but I was dd back to NJ, didn't have a sip of alcohol the entire time. But regardless, I've been to enough shows, was my 34th including most Nj/NY area gigs since '96 everything from Randall's Island in the rain, to Robinhood Foundation to Eddie solo at the NJ Pac, road trips plane rides, the point is i've been to enough shows to know what a foul is and clearly this appeared to be and I guess I hafta even take it as one cause it happened but I'd call it more like a reach in foul than a flagrant. Maybe even a double technical considering the lumps I'm takin online the past few days and the endless texts: you fuck, you fucka,etc. It's funny and all good in the end, I'll go back in hiding till Fenway, but let the record show I would never knowingly steal or take a tambourine, a guitar pic, a bicycle, a basketball, a bottle of wine or anything else that Ed throws off stage to a little kid, that's not me, that's not cool, seems so fukin simple now, doesn't it. Peace

P.s. Blindmelonade , glad the little guy got his tambourine. Memory for a lifetime
    :clap: This added to the show, cause I never expected Eddie to call a fan "ya fuck" so bravo for giving us all a good laugh. :smiley:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    So I just read through this entire thread looking for the guy I traded tickets with. I didn't find him. I had section 220, traded for his section 416 so that i could sit next to my dad. He seemed very happy, glad it worked out and was hoping to see how the seat I gave up was... lol

I'm glad I was super busy at work this week and that I couldn't get on here so that all the BS blew over. These 4 shows were exactly what I expected. Great rock shows, with some rarities, with some hits, but mostly huge energy from the band and the fans feeding off each other. At this point, I think I'm just as excited to hear the energy as I am the song. They brought it for MSG 2.

That Encore #1 was the best encore I have ever seen. Breath is my favorite song, and the rest flowed great.

Thank you Pearl Jam.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    The setlist matched the evening perfectly. It was a high octane, blow the roof off the Garden kind of night. There was an energy in the building for the entire show that never let down. When do you see the people in the 400's BEHIND the stage stand up for the entire show? (I had two friends in two different sections in that area.) I've never heard of that before. I'll tick off some more rarities at my next show but this night was all about a party that went down in NYC.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    nsmooth78 said:

MB93672 said:

Way to man up up and own and apologize. You may be "the fuck" but at least you're not "the pussy" hiding on the web.

I know you didn't hear him, but after you caught it, did you see Ed? He seemed like he was staring right at you with a wtf look and maybe a middle finger in there too?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • nsmooth78nsmooth78 Posts: 36
    nycrats said:

nsmooth78 said:

MB93672 said:

Way to man up up and own and apologize. You may be "the fuck" but at least you're not "the pussy" hiding on the web.

I know you didn't hear him, but after you caught it, did you see Ed? He seemed like he was staring right at you with a wtf look and maybe a middle finger in there too?

Yeah I definitely saw Ed, once he said give it to the kid I looked up and he was right there. Then I realized somethin was wrong. Yes, he flipped me the bird hahhaa. Hey man it's a rock show, shit happens, but this was just a clear misunderstanding.
  • BLACK FRANKBLACK FRANK Posts: 34
    Wah Wah Wah, all these complaints so they repeated 6-7 songs from night 1 and so the sound cut out twice for a total of a second and a half during Porch. Big F-in deal. The sound was incredible where I was. We all go to see PJ because we never know what they are going to do, maybe a total rarities show or maybe a somewhat similar set on back to back nights you get what you get, if you are going to be like that don't bother going and free up some tickets for people who really want to be there.
    Hail Hail The Lucky Ones!!!

Saratoga 92, Hartford 96, Hartford 98, Jones Beach 3 00, Mansfield 1 03, Mansfield 2 03, Camden 1 03, MSG 1 03, MSG 2 03, Mansfield 3 03, Holmdel 03, Boston 1 04, Albany 06, Hartford 06, East Rutherford 1 06, Camden 2 08, MSG 1 08, MSG 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield 1 08, Mansfield 2 08, Spectrum 4 09, Hartford 10, MSG 1 10, MSG 2 10, EV Hartford 11, Philly 12, Brooklyn 1 13, Brooklyn 2 13, Hartford 13, MSG 1 16, MSG 2 16, Fenway 1 16, Temple Of The Dog MSG 16
  • BLACK FRANKBLACK FRANK Posts: 34
    I had a perfect view of the tamborine incident and could totally see it was a misunderstanding, when the person who unfortunately is now known as the "The F" realized what was going on he gave it to the kid within seconds.
    Hail Hail The Lucky Ones!!!

Saratoga 92, Hartford 96, Hartford 98, Jones Beach 3 00, Mansfield 1 03, Mansfield 2 03, Camden 1 03, MSG 1 03, MSG 2 03, Mansfield 3 03, Holmdel 03, Boston 1 04, Albany 06, Hartford 06, East Rutherford 1 06, Camden 2 08, MSG 1 08, MSG 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield 1 08, Mansfield 2 08, Spectrum 4 09, Hartford 10, MSG 1 10, MSG 2 10, EV Hartford 11, Philly 12, Brooklyn 1 13, Brooklyn 2 13, Hartford 13, MSG 1 16, MSG 2 16, Fenway 1 16, Temple Of The Dog MSG 16
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited May 2016
    nycrats said:

nsmooth78 said:

MB93672 said:

The guy has no reason to apolgize. The only "fuck" in that incident was Ed's temper.

If I was in that dude's shoes I would throw the tamborine back at Ed if he called me a fuck.

At future shows Ed should setup a North Pole set where parents can line their kids up for tamborines.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited May 2016

nycrats said:

nsmooth78 said:

MB93672 said:

The guy has no reason to apolgize. The only "fuck" in that incident was Ed's temper.

If I was in that dude's shoes I would throw the tamborine back at Ed if he called me a fuck.

At future shows Ed should setup a North Pole set where parents can line their kids up for tamborines.
    Haha. Yeah, fuck this bringing kids into the pit as tambourine-magnets (not saying that was the case here). And buying a shitload of tambourines just to throw out as souvenirs for some reason. That's not really rock. That's something else. Haha.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I def respect nsmooth78 giving his side of the story. I can easily see the misunderstanding
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    @nsmooth78 way to man up and apologize. I'm sure it was all heat of the moment, no worries. See you at the next show.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Leatherman , Garden & Present Tense...
    Leash , All or None and a nice Hide Your Love Away in honour of John for NY.
    Absolutely no complaints from me or my wife for this show!!!
    Loved seeing Sting (Ive seen him a few times in London going back to 91) but I have to confess that I didn't recognise Cheap Trick... ! Somehow they have passed me by.. And I'm 46 Years old!!!

I thought the show was a good mix of stuff which was perfect for the night.

Loved our bucket list shows - hope to do some West Coast shows one day.. Better start saving.
    And it was nice to meet some cool folks in 106. I hope you got back home safe for that early 6 A.M start !!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379

Wah Wah Wah, all these complaints so they repeated 6-7 songs from night 1 and so the sound cut out twice for a total of a second and a half during Porch. Big F-in deal. The sound was incredible where I was. We all go to see PJ because we never know what they are going to do, maybe a total rarities show or maybe a somewhat similar set on back to back nights you get what you get, if you are going to be like that don't bother going and free up some tickets for people who really want to be there.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379

I def respect nsmooth78 giving his side of the story. I can easily see the misunderstanding

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    The Jeremy puker and the msg 2 fuck.

Hahaha. Glad the guy got to tell his perspective.
    has anyone mentioned mike playing the guitar behind his back, but the guitar was frontwards?!?
    its pretty damn hard and rock star to do the normal behind the back, but having the guitar facing forward behind your back is a whole different animal when shredding that thing.. if he does that a lot, i had never noticed, or been close enough to notice.. dude really is the man
  • brianwilsonbrianwilson Posts: 406
    edited May 2016
    "Haha. Yeah, fuck this bringing kids into the pit as tambourine-magnets (not saying that was the case here). And buying a shitload of tambourines just to throw out as souvenirs for some reason. That's not really rock. That's something else. Haha."

Hahaahaaa. You're right, it really isn't very rock. It reminds me of Nirvana's In Utero tour: they had one or more cheap versions of Kurt's guitar for what had become his guitar smashing routine. That's a true story. But who am I to say? Most of his enthusiasm to play live was gone by this time.

• morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    I believe he played left handed also.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
    nycrats said:

has anyone mentioned mike playing the guitar behind his back, but the guitar was frontwards?!?
    its pretty damn hard and rock star to do the normal behind the back, but having the guitar facing forward behind your back is a whole different animal when shredding that thing.. if he does that a lot, i had never noticed, or been close enough to notice.. dude really is the man

morgie2 said:

oh yeah that makes sense.. he would have had to if he had the guitar facing forward.. holy crap!!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    What song was he playing left handed?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    morgie2 said:

mcgruff10 said:

What song was he playing left handed?

I thought this too, but if you were sitting behind the stage(like i was) then the views on the screens are reversed. While playing guitar in front it's easy to tell that Mike still played the entire show right handed, yet the screen reversed it. When he switched to behind him, it made it alot harder to orrient everything and adjust for the screen, which took me probably 20 seconds to do :lol: I'm 95% sure he played right handed the entire time, but it was just harder to realize the screen was flipping it in your mind.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Yeah definitely wasn't playing left handed... It's really not that hard to play behind your head or back as long as you can get a good grip
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Yeah definitely wasn't playing left handed... It's really not that hard to play behind your head or back as long as you can get a good grip

ah got ya. I can't even imagine playing left handed in the middle of a song.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • kmac1976kmac1976 Posts: 84

In the future when someone asks me way I love PJ so much, i'll start by showing this picture. Pure Beauty!

Went to both MSG shows. While I would have loved to hear 'deeper' tracks off of albums like Binural or Riot Act, I have no reason to be disappointed. Walking out of MSG and seeing homeless on the streets really puts things into perspective. Those of us who can afford to see a concert should be thankful. I feel lucky to be able to attend both shows, and nitpicking about what they did or did not play is not worth it. They're a rock band that played a kick ass rock show both nights, enough said. The setlists are designed to try and please everyone, and I think there was something for both the casual and hardcore fans both nights.
  • davidamandadavidamanda Posts: 55
    edited May 2016
    Eddie "Sonic Reducer" up close
    Post edited by davidamanda on
  • BlindMelonadeBlindMelonade Posts: 315
    nsmooth78 said:

MB93672 said:

I knew what I was bringing the kid into and I made sure he knew as well. I also didn't know ed cursed at you until after when my friends told me. I thought the tambourine fell and you just went to pick it up for him. Which totally could have been the case, it's all a daze to me right now.

But anyway. You're going to fenway? Me too. Seems like I owe you a drink!
    When this just feels like spinning plates.