*** Quebec City, QC Fanviews Here 5/5/16 ***

Comments

• LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited May 2016

Longueuil said:
    When is someone going to photoshop this?
    ;)
    I won't. I don't see what could make it better. Look all the joy and the smiles!

So, thread integrity. How was the show?

On the + side
    - Of the girl to start image
    - All Eddie's speeches were appropriates and heartfelt
    - I’m not a fan of cover song, but Needle and the Damage Done with the crowd signing was awesome
    - Wash in the encore… come on. At this point of the show, I wasn’t expecting it.
    - To witness Noah playing with the band. It was so cool how Ed approched him and on stage, seeing Stone watching over the kid and be over all sincerely impressed. Sad was absolutely not Sad but joyful. Noah is the star of the night. Merci Noah!
    - Good balance between « popular » songs and « fan » songs, between slow and rock.
    - 35 songs in 3 hours. During all the show, all the instruments rotation were well done so the band kept going like a well-oiled machine. No time out. Good job on the light job too.
    - The final bows. The band seems really touched by the loudy crowd.

On the – side
    - Some feedback here and there. I think they were having problem with Ed's mic. They changed it at least three times.
    - The two idiots who tried to make their way up front during State of Love and Trust. I passed from super happy because they were playing it to be frustrated because we had to deal with these two clowns.
    - Pilate and Sleeping by Myself. They could have choose better than those two. At least no Sirens (that should be on the + list).
    - ONLY 35 songs… OK that is a joke.

Sunday cannot come soon enough :smiley:
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • JE70630JE70630 Posts: 11
    Longueuil said:
    Thank you for posting the photo!
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Two guys on the rail in front of me spent the whole show showing not much but anger and frustration (and swearing in French) at how many picks were being thrown out on Mike's side as opposed to our side in front of stone. They rocked out to 2 songs (guess which ones) and made countless gestures to the band that they wanted things (picks/sticks) handed to them. After all was said and done they ended up with a pick from Mike, a pick from Stone, Matt's sticks, and a kid who was like their nephew or something got a tambourine. This all slightly bothered me
  • Two guys on the rail in front of me spent the whole show showing not much but anger and frustration (and swearing in French) at how many picks were being thrown out on Mike's side as opposed to our side in front of stone. They rocked out to 2 songs (guess which ones) and made countless gestures to the band that they wanted things (picks/sticks) handed to them. After all was said and done they ended up with a pick from Mike, a pick from Stone, Matt's sticks, and a kid who was like their nephew or something got a tambourine. This all slightly bothered me

Christ.

If only Chadwick was there... he could have given them a few smacks.

If some others were there... they could have had a good discussion with the idiots about how inappropriate such behaviour is and offer some strategies for behaving better at a concert with the 'bigger picture' in mind!

Sure wish I was this show. Or any of the others for that matter.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    waverue said:

If anyone has video or photos from "Sad" or the end when Noah was back up on stage for the bow, please let me know!! (I'm his Mom). I danced and sang along and tried to stay present vs filming. Particularly when Eddie walked him offstage...if anyone has good shots from Stone's side of their hug I would be so grateful. Thanks and what an amazing show....even without the mind blowing thing that happened to our family it was off the charts amazing. So grateful.....

Just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qAp4MeSAU
    Noah did a great job. I'm fairly sure every single person on here is jealous as hell of him. What a great memory to make.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited May 2016

Wow what a show for my first time in GA. I was 1 short girl away from rail but the people I spent the day with in line let me on their spot from black to the end. I got to touch Mike's guitar and scratch his stomach as he walked by lol. Also got a stone pick which I think I'll frame with my wristband and ticket beside the poster when I get my hands on one.
    Lost my mind during last exit, whipping, it's ok, and wash. These guys know how to get me going man lol.

My wife and I were directly in front of Stone. We were beside a gentleman from Australia and behind him was a nice women that got screwed out of a rail spot because of the chaos when it was time to enter the venue. Sometime during the second encore I ended up coming off the rail to stand behind my wife and I noticed that this women was able to move up because of the Australian gentleman was kind enough to give up his spot. Either way sounds like you had a great time!
    Post edited by PJNB on
    edited May 2016

Two guys on the rail in front of me spent the whole show showing not much but anger and frustration (and swearing in French) at how many picks were being thrown out on Mike's side as opposed to our side in front of stone. They rocked out to 2 songs (guess which ones) and made countless gestures to the band that they wanted things (picks/sticks) handed to them. After all was said and done they ended up with a pick from Mike, a pick from Stone, Matt's sticks, and a kid who was like their nephew or something got a tambourine. This all slightly bothered me

Orange and Red shirt? Ya these two were running and tried cutting in front of us multiple times once we got into the venue. My wife and I just walked past them at the next security clearing and cut back in. Also there was a women to there left that was pretty much squeezed out of her rail spot because of there pushing. It got to the point that I just backed off of the rail so there was more room for everyone and partied behind my wife. It was just as good of a spot if you ask me.
    Post edited by PJNB on
    PJNB said:

Orange and Red shirt? Ya these two were running and tried cutting in front of us multiple times once we got into the venue. My wife and I just walked past them at the next security clearing and cut back in. Also there was a women to there left that was pretty much squeezed out of her rail spot because of there pushing. It got to the point that I just backed off of the rail so there was more room for everyone and partied behind my wife. It was just as good of a spot if you ask me.
    Yes man! That's exactly who. I kind of got squeezed out too but it actually ended up being a better vantage point and I got a primo spot for the end of the show. I mean I still had an unforgettable priceless experience but I couldn't help noticing those guys and thinking "really"? But whatever, c'est la vie lol. Just wanted to see if anyone else knew what I was talking about
  • rlightrougerlightrouge Posts: 21
    Unreal show. What a set! And for all those agreeing on the wonderful set list, I randomly bumped into McCready (super nice dude) the next day on a street in downtown Quebec. He said Stone wrote the setlist and that's probably why it was so legendary.

Unreal show. What a set! And for all those agreeing on the wonderful set list, I randomly bumped into McCready (super nice dude) the next day on a street in downtown Quebec. He said Stone wrote the setlist and that's probably why it was so legendary.

That would make a lot of sense. There was not one low point for me with this show. It just kept giving and giving. One of the best nights of my life.
  • ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    waverue said:

If anyone has video or photos from "Sad" or the end when Noah was back up on stage for the bow, please let me know!! (I'm his Mom). I danced and sang along and tried to stay present vs filming. Particularly when Eddie walked him offstage...if anyone has good shots from Stone's side of their hug I would be so grateful. Thanks and what an amazing show....even without the mind blowing thing that happened to our family it was off the charts amazing. So grateful.....

You should both be so proud of you boy! what an amazing job he did playing sad with the band, was a beautiful moment to watch and he did awesome! Stellar show! 3hrs of pure entertainment, Pearl Jam never disappoints! Brought a very good friend and this was her first PJ experience and couldn't be happier! The people of QC were very hospitable despite our awful attempts at speaking French haha. Loved Eddie's opening French words too :) Can't wait to see what Ottawa has in store for us!
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • pajamapartypajamaparty Posts: 77

waverue said:

Noah did a great job. I'm fairly sure every single person on here is jealous as hell of him. What a great memory to make.
    Reading this thread and watching Ed and the boys interact with Noah, reminded me how much I LOVE PEARL JAM. I write this with tears in my eyes, recalling how much I love being at the shows, with PJ AND the fans, it is such a special moment filled with love and beauty, reckless with energy and triumph.
    All together now...
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542

If this is true then Stone should be writing every setlist lol. The first set flowed perfectly.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    ^ he wrote Charlottesville 2013 too which was easily the best setlist of that tour...
    But goddamn, what a set this is! This is what I wanted at MSG 2
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

^ he wrote Charlottesville 2013 too which was easily the best setlist of that tour...

Stone wrote Quebec AND charlotsville? Next you're gonna tell me he wrote Leeds too?

If anyone knows what shows stones writing pm me, I will be there!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1

waverue said:

This is amazing. What a great moment!
    edited May 2016
    The coolest thing I did when I was 12 was go 3 for 4 with a double and two rbis in my little league game. Noah is a legend!
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    This show looks so cool. Happy for those who attended. Looking forward to the boot.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    KP_McMinn said:

mcgruff10 said:

KP_McMinn said:

now thats a proper PJ show, incredible mix of old and new....Bravo. Too bad there were thousands of empty seats...

It was sold outs for months.
    I didn't say it didn't sell out...however, it appeared empty up toward the back, second level. Whatever, as long as there were no tickets left behind....
    Happy for the folks who were there...I'll be getting that boot fo sho.
    You're right. There were about 6-7 empty rows 2nd level directly facing stage. Maybe vip tips not used? But aside from that the arena was full all the way up and in back. Crowd was great too.
  • pljampljam Posts: 387
    Best set list for years,been some awesome ones but we have a new winner
  • waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    What!?!? where did this photo come from!? These are my people!!!! Noah just lit up when he saw it. We miss you already!!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    nycrats said:

Stone wrote Quebec AND charlotsville? Next you're gonna tell me he wrote Leeds too?

I think he wrote Hartford 2008 too

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    jervin007 said:

nycrats said:

I think he wrote Hartford 2008 too

Actually? That's one of my favorite PJ shows (definitely my favorite attended). Totally makes sense now
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
    He looked like he was really grooving. That all makes sense. That'll be hard to top. Luckily they have tomorrow and Toronto to try
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited May 2016
    waverue said:

What!?!? where did this photo come from!? These are my people!!!! Noah just lit up when he saw it. We miss you already!!
    Clic on "source" it will lead you to the journal site. If you look closely, I think we see your husband' left ear
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    If Stone did the set list, then let Jeff or Mike do the next one, or Matt or Boom.
    Great idea.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    while being abducted by dragon aliens during severed hand i was transported out and back again only to realize that we needed to save the whales asap...
  • Definitely one of the best shows I have attended. We took our 6 month old son to his first show and he ended up on the big screen during Alive or Baba near the end of the show. Apparently Eddie was waving to us but I was distracted by a couple security guards. If anyone has a pic or some footage of my baby up on the screen, please post it or pm me. It would be a nice keepsake for him. He also got to meet Jeff and Boom the following day when we were wandering around the city :)

Great show, beautiful city, and awesome people!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    First time in Quebec and had a blast! Great setlist that appealed to both the casual and diehard fans. I bumped into Mike, who is a really nice guy and mentioned Stone wrote the setlist (as a previous poster mentioned). Band is really on fire lately. Psyched that I was able to get merch close to showtime because we didn't arrive until about 7:30. Maybe it was my seats, but I noticed far less people recording the show with their phones. I was also really impressed with how organized the venue was, including the taxi line after the show. Very smooth and everyone was respectful. Can't wait until Fenway!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • No one puts on a show like these guys. Not only the band, but their crew also. This is the most organized and driven I have ever seen them, nearing my 60th show. The band looks and sounds incredible! So glad I made the trek from Massachusetts for this one. Thanks to the people of Quebec for being such great hosts!