*** Lexington, KY Fanviews Here 4/26/16 ***

Comments

• crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    I was checking the Cubs game during encore breaks (when it would actually load anyway). The blue W wasn't put up till game was over, pleased me to no end being a Cubs fan. Great show + 1 game closer to playoff birth, what a day. It's beyond awesome if they do that for him every show IMO.
  • candlelips75candlelips75 Ohio Posts: 7

jamzb said:

I bought my first copy of Ten in September of 91. For the first month I couldn't get past the first three songs, it just blew me away. Been a diehard ever since. This was my first show as well as my 17 year old son. I told him before the show don't be surprised if the old man sheds a few tears. Before the show got to meet a lot of good folks. Blown away by how excited they were when they found out it was our first shows. When I heard the first notes of LB I lost my shit. The flood of memories and emotions of 25 yrs. came pouring back. I have seen hundreds of concerts and never experienced the raw energy from a fan base and the power of positive energy a band can have. I feel like my son and I became part of a family that night. To those I say thank you (sec 17 row R the couple from Minnesota and getting in the doors the couple from Oakland) and to PJ I say keep doin' what ur doin'!! See ya at Wrigley!!

You have been a diehard fan since 1991 and have been to 100s of concerts yet have only seen pj once?

I don't think that meets the definition of diehard.
    Just because he's only seen them once doesn't mean he isn't a life long fan. Life happens, ya know? There could have been a hundred reasons why he was never able to seen them before. The number of times you've seen a band does not relate to how much you love a band.
  • candlelips75candlelips75 Ohio Posts: 7

@ChadsStillAlive So happy your wife and baby are okay! Wishing you much happiness!
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

jamzb said:

I bought my first copy of Ten in September of 91. For the first month I couldn't get past the first three songs, it just blew me away. Been a diehard ever since. This was my first show as well as my 17 year old son. I told him before the show don't be surprised if the old man sheds a few tears. Before the show got to meet a lot of good folks. Blown away by how excited they were when they found out it was our first shows. When I heard the first notes of LB I lost my shit. The flood of memories and emotions of 25 yrs. came pouring back. I have seen hundreds of concerts and never experienced the raw energy from a fan base and the power of positive energy a band can have. I feel like my son and I became part of a family that night. To those I say thank you (sec 17 row R the couple from Minnesota and getting in the doors the couple from Oakland) and to PJ I say keep doin' what ur doin'!! See ya at Wrigley!!

You have been a diehard fan since 1991 and have been to 100s of concerts yet have only seen pj once?

Just because he's only seen them once doesn't mean he isn't a life long fan. Life happens, ya know? There could have been a hundred reasons why he was never able to seen them before. The number of times you've seen a band does not relate to how much you love a band.
    Thank you for this.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • jamzbjamzb South Central Indiana Posts: 14

jamzb said:

Thanks for this. Your what's good about PJ fans and why there is no other fan base like ours.
  • cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    edited May 2016
    I have a 10C number of 105xxx (joined in 1993) and the fan club tickets I got in the lottery were in Section 13, Row F, Seats 1 & 2. This was show #14 for me (the guy I went with has been to 57 shows). It was a really great show and had a great time. The lines in the venue were really bad for concessions and merch (had a nice conversation with a guy from Louisville while I waited for a drink). I wasn't able to get a poster for the show as they were sold out by the time I got in.
    Post edited by cifrancgx on
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)

Sound wasn't great in the beginning- feedback from speakers, Ed was missing lyrics, notes, timing. Did anybody else pick up on this?? My fourth show this tour, blue chip set list. Fenway, Wrig1 and Wrig2 are next!! Can't wait!!

I noticed while they were performing Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb that Ed kept pointing and waving at the speakers on stage while looking over at the sound board folks on the right side of the stage. I figured there was some sort of speaker issue.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205

jamzb said:

:nuh_uh:
    Don't judge.
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205

jamzb said:

This x1000 ^^^^^^
    wonderrx said:

JDjr said:

Amazing! Mind if I ask what your 10C number is?? Still trying to anticipate the impossible and figure out where I "may" be at MSG!

47xxx, joined in 94 or 95. I had people around me in my ballpark, but I had the lowest number and had people in row 2 with higher numbers than me, but I think all were sub 100k. So it wasn't strictly in order.

Are you sure you didn't join until 94 or 95? I would have expected a 47xxx to have been a member since before 1993. I have a 105xxx and I joined in 1993. I know another member on here who also has a 105xxx and they also joined in 1993.
    George

• rsprungmanrsprungman Posts: 10
    Lexington was definitely a strong show but smashing a guitar on stage takes it to another level...
    TAMPA 4/11/16:
    #28. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
    (at the end of the song Ed obliterates his white Gibson SG and his mic stand. He starts the next song with “C’mon you fuckers!”)
  • bloodwhorebloodwhore Posts: 50
    Education knocked my socks off. Never thought I'd hear that one. I reached down for my beer after that song & my socks were laying right next to it
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Education knocked my socks off. Never thought I'd hear that one. I reached down for my beer after that song & my socks were laying right next to it

:lol: - love this enthusiasm. Wish there was more of that energy where I was at!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • bloodwhorebloodwhore Posts: 50
    FoxyRedLa said:

:lol: - love this enthusiasm. Wish there was more of that energy where I was at!
    I was in sec 16. I feel like some people were ready for it to be over and just hear even flow, which is fine. I would have listened to even flow 5 times in a row after education
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Has anyone come across a video of Deep? I haven't seen one on YouTube at all.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • GH1329GH1329 Posts: 3
    cifrancgx said:

wonderrx said:

JDjr said:

Amazing! Mind if I ask what your 10C number is?? Still trying to anticipate the impossible and figure out where I "may" be at MSG!

47xxx, joined in 94 or 95. I had people around me in my ballpark, but I had the lowest number and had people in row 2 with higher numbers than me, but I think all were sub 100k. So it wasn't strictly in order.

Are you sure you didn't join until 94 or 95? I would have expected a 47xxx to have been a member since before 1993. I have a 105xxx and I joined in 1993. I know another member on here who also has a 105xxx and they also joined in 1993.
    Good question, I thought I joined in '94 and my number is 68xxx, so maybe I'm remembering wrong and it was actually '93.
  • wonderrxwonderrx Southern Indiana Posts: 10
    Sorry I wa
    GH1329 said:

cifrancgx said:

wonderrx said:

JDjr said:

Good question, I thought I joined in '94 and my number is 68xxx, so maybe I'm remembering wrong and it was actually '93.
    Sorry I went dyslexic and reversed my numbers in my memory, 74xxx is my number, pretty sure it was 1994 after I saw them in March
    - Former owner/operator of one of the early Pearl Jam email listservs in the middle 90s - pearljam@evansville.edu
    - Louisville floor March 24 1994
    - Milwaukee lower pavilion July 9 1995 Night 2
    - Toledo Sept 1996
    - Indianapolis and St. Louis 1998
    - Indianapolis and St. Louis 2000
    - St. Louis front row 2003
    - Indianapolis 2010
    - Lexington April 26 2016
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Near the end of the first encore or beginning of the 2nd there was a guy that did a face plant in the back of GA....did anyone else see that?

I was about 15 feet from the back of the GA area and this guy comes walking by me from somewhere up front and hit my shoulder as he went down. Dude hit hard. I expected him to get up and have half his teeth gone but he got up and looked around, apologized, then face planted again. He tried to get up a few other times but just...couldn't....do it. Security hauled him out.

I hope he had a good time up to that point.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nocode85nocode85 Posts: 133
    crowes74 said:

I was checking the Cubs game during encore breaks (when it would actually load anyway). The blue W wasn't put up till game was over, pleased me to no end being a Cubs fan. Great show + 1 game closer to playoff birth, what a day. It's beyond awesome if they do that for him every show IMO.

there were way too many people sporting their cubs gear at this show. is this because you guys finally have a team that'll win a few and you wear it everywhere you go or to show Ed that you're a cub fan too? being a cardinal fan i certainly noticed all the cubs gear while no other sport or team was represented at a rock n roll show. what gives?
    St. Louis '00, St. Louis '03, St. Louis '04, Chicago '06, LA '06, Chicago '07, D.C. '08, Chicago '09, St. Louis '10, East Troy '11(1), East Troy '11(2), Atlanta '12, Chicago '13, Oklahoma City '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14, Lexington '16, Chicago '16, Chicago '16
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Go Cubs Go. I changed at the last minute. I was sweating in my Dawson jersey.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• docblazedocblaze Posts: 24
    Yes I saw the guy fall,
    I'm a doctor and thought was going to have to do CPR on the guy, was messed up on something for sure. Told security to get him out of there asap
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    I always see tons of Cubs gear at Pearl jam shows, and most of the shows I've seen have been St. Louis shows. It's along the lines of Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers clothes, you can't really get away from them. Teams with large fan bases, in good times and bad.

Don't be mad nocode85 the cardinals had themselves a damn good run.
  • HanquanHanquan Indiana Posts: 6
    edited May 2016
    For a first PJ show it was rocking but I wasn't all that enthused about the set list. I was glad I got to hear some rare ones like Education, Deep, and Satan's Bed, but it seems like we got jipped. They've been playing footsteps, ID, off he goes, and In Hiding a majority of the other shows. Still loved the show but a little disappointed I didn't get to see some of my favorites
    Lexington 4/26/16
    Manchester 6/11/16
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I thought the set was badass.... Comfortably Numb, Army Reserve, Thumbing My Way, Sonic Reducer, Half Full, Smile, Leaving Here....
    I understand about not hearing some of your faves, but I definitely didn't feel disappointed.
  • The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    One week ago today! Still feeling euphoric from the show. Some of the best energy I have seen from the band in a long, long time. Some folks measure a show by how many rare songs are played. There wasn't one song played in Lexington that I haven't seen before live, but that had zero effect on how powerful this gig was. One of my all time favs!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Now that my severe allergy cold is going away that started to worsen on the night of this gig, I'm really looking forward to the boot and reliving the great day in Lexington. It was my fav city I traveled to this tour and the show was fun. Despite what appeared to be infection coming out of my eyes the entire night, and my head stuffed up, it was a good night of PJ and spending time with my partner. She thought this one was on the level Greenville was!
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 566
    Man 1 week ago already.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited May 2016
    The Akkus said:

One week ago today! Still feeling euphoric from the show. Some of the best energy I have seen from the band in a long, long time. Some folks measure a show by how many rare songs are played. There wasn't one song played in Lexington that I haven't seen before live, but that had zero effect on how powerful this gig was. One of my all time favs!

This!
    Hard to believe it was a week ago....we were just counting down the days up to and now we have counted them since :sick:
  • jamzbjamzb South Central Indiana Posts: 14
    The Akkus said:

The Akkus said:

The Akkus said:

Couldn't agree more!!! Still trying to get my voice back a week later. Took my 17 year old son to his first concert that night and after I told him I was sorry cause he just saw a epic show and he would never see another one like it. The energy in the arena was unreal!! Best rock band ever!!
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    I remember walking in my section, sitting down, and seeing everyone in the upper deck in their seats and ready to roll. They looked great from my view.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore