*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/28/16 ***

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    my2hands said:

some of you have hearing problems and are WAY too picky, that place was on fire last night and easily as loud as any show I've been too... totally blew away 2013, probably because they didn't have to force 5 Lightning Bolt songs in there... amazing set, amazing energy, amazing performance,

I thought they blew the roof off

That was right up there with any show I have ever seen

Instant Classic in my humble, yet somewhat educated, opinion

I'm neither thank you very much lol

The set is all that really matters and the set was great. Now give me a new song tonight damn it!
    :smiley:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 340
    That was awesome. Each philly night 1 is becoming my favorite show
  • ontheroadontheroad Posts: 248
    60 something shows for me. Philly has great crowds. Always Loud singing the classics. Tonight was no different. Given to fly seems to have reached another level.

That said, Hard to remember a show with worse acoustics. Mix in 124 was rough. And Ed had feedback trouble. Saw them at the spectrum in 03 and 09 and those shows had a far better sound.

The effort and energy from the band was tremendous. They definitely brought it. One of the hardest rocking shows from song 1-31 that I've seen. A total blast.
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Unreal time in the pit last night! Got there at around 7:30 so we were about halfway back just to the left of Eddie. I thought the crowd in the pit for the most part was great, a few down moments due to the song selection but no complaints about an incredible (as always) show! Reserved seats in 109 tonight so we'll be drinking beforehand in the lots longer (hopefully the rain isn't too bad or we'll go to XFinity Live).

Songs that are not completely out of nowhere that I'm hoping for tonight: Release, Comfortably Numb, Leash, Black
    2006 - Camden, NJ x2; 2008 - Camden, NJ x2; 2009 - Philadelphia, PA Nights 2, 3, and 4; 2012 - Philadelphia, PA (MIA Festival); 2013 - Philadelphia, PA x2; 2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2; 2016 - Chicago, IL Night 1; 2022 - Camden, NJ
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507

also...dare i say this but to me this crowd maybe equals that of the hartford 13 crowd? even up in 212 i thought philly was very, very loud last night!

I'd have to disagree with you. I was at Philly 1 in 2013 and Hartford 2013. Hartford was the loudest show I've been to, everyone up, dancing, singing so loud you hardly could hear Ed. I think my ears still are ringing from that show.

I had a great time last night -- LBC was awesome, any show with In My Tree is special for me, I was psyched to hear Education, thought Lightning Bolt is sounding just amazing live, was reminded again last night that despite its overexposure in the early '90s, Jeremy really is a great and enduring song.... I could go on and on. The guys never disappoint.

I thought the crowd was pretty sedate for the most part. 2013 tells me that a weeknight doesn't put a damper on the Philly crowd's ability to cut loose and go crazy. ;-) In our section, I thought people were enjoying themselves, but there was not much singing, dancing, cheering. This doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the show, but it did leave me feeling as if I should leave the dancing and cheering for MSG; it wasn't the sweaty, cathartic experience that a PJ show usually is for me.
    yeah, i guess it all depends on where you were, the sound, things like that. there were a few songs that i wasn't rocking out to and kinda slowed it down. hartford is my fav show but for me philly crowd wise is probably tied with hartford. i mean i have only been to 6 shows so i don't have much to compare it to but last night was just awesome. :lol:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Watched the videos that Dimitri posted and noticed a few things..they need to jam into songs more..LBC was fantastic..less talking and more jamming!! In my tree is missing something..not an electric live song anymore. Prior to "i remember when..yea" it sounds very dull..oceans was butchered..they recovered but let's face it oceans is an opening song..fuckin up was solid but the crowd was lame. People used to go bat shit crazy for that song! Didn't watch Ed solo or crowns.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Wma31394 said:

Watched the videos that Dimitri posted and noticed a few things..they need to jam into songs more..LBC was fantastic..less talking and more jamming!! In my tree is missing something..not an electric live song anymore. Prior to "i remember when..yea" it sounds very dull..oceans was butchered..they recovered but let's face it oceans is an opening song..fuckin up was solid but the crowd was lame. People used to go bat shit crazy for that song! Didn't watch Ed solo or crowns.

There was a lot of good. It was a great concert. I'm looking forward to buying the bootleg.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 781
    incredible show last night. Oceans for the 1st time in 36 shows! LBC was awesome, and I loved the jam intro to it. ITM, Education, unreal. No a big fan of fuckin up though, sorry.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Ms. Haiku said:

Wma31394 said:

There was a lot of good. It was a great concert. I'm looking forward to buying the bootleg.
    Oh I bet..those were just my observations on the songs I watched on YouTube. I would have been happy with that set list
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315

I think people saying it was loud and those saying it wasn't is a testament to how bad the venue is - it was definitely not built with acoustics in mind. Sounds like those who thought the crowd was dead we're in the 200s or higher.

So glad I took off today.

Me too - happy to be vegging and waiting for tonight. 111 Row 3 last night - down there low and back kind of far on the side.

Honestly the crowd was so loud I thought the sound was too low at first - or maybe i'm losing some hearing from these shows.

My 7th PJ show and I got 9 (!) new songs. I thought we might get Ten and actually mixed up Animal w/ Even Flow for a couple seconds. lol Love Boat Captain was a new song for me and the intro and performance was spectacular. It took me a while to get that song but I'm all over it now! GTF is always fantastic. I enjoyed In the Moonlight even if half the arena went to piss. They were dumb enough to miss In My Tree! Unthought Known was my 7th time seeing it in 7 shows - I don't think they're doing it every show so my "streak" might get busted tonight (hopefully).

The 1st encore couldn't have been more perfect. Picture in a Frame to the newlyweds was such a cool rarity. They were talking about it on 93.3 afterwards and didn't even know what song it was. Then Ed talked about having not played this song since 1992 at Dobbs - I thought it would be Just a Girl but Oceans - even better! I told my quasi-casual friend who was with me that fans have been giving them shit about only playing Oceans in San Diego and places like that and he got a kick out of that. Philly's first Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns was just ethereal. Why Go, I think, is kind of the official Philly Pearl Jam song - just works so well here. Got Some always has great energy and this was a great version of RVM.

Save You was a kick ass start to 2nd encore and Small Town (which I'm a little tired of) worked so great with the kids up on the video (a 13-year old's b-day and a dad holding about a 7-9 year old girl). Anyone with kids would choke up a little about that. Crazy Mary - I love Mike walking over to jam with Boom. Then my favorite surprise of the night - FUCKIN' UP! Damn I was so fucking excited about that. Indifference to close it and on to Night 2 - 109 row 24 (ticketmaster).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • carthurcarthur Posts: 26
    For me I thought the concert was great. For my son he was totally blown out of the water. We sat in section 118 and I was afraid of what a rear stage experience would be like. We were only 3 rows back which was awesome in its own right. My son brought a sign. One side it was about his birthday and on the other it was about hopefully getting a drum stick from Matt. I have to say Matt was awesome acknowledging the sign early in the night and he kept letting my son know that he didn't forget about him. Eddie was awesome letting Vinny know that he saw him too. The interaction of the band with him nearly sent him into total over load. We thought the the set list was incredible and it hit songs that we were looking for.

The icing on an already incredible cake happened when Eddie made a point to for my son to get a tambourine and then to end his night Matt had one of the crew members deliver a pair of drum sticks and a sweat band to him.

All I can say is for my son to have the interactions that he had last night with his favorite band will be a life time memory for him and me.
    Baltimore 13
    Philly N1 2016
    Boston N1 & N2 2016
    Seattle N1 & N2 2018

Temple of the Dog
    New York 2016
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    carthur said:

For me I thought the concert was great. For my son he was totally blown out of the water. We sat in section 118 and I was afraid of what a rear stage experience would be like. We were only 3 rows back which was awesome in its own right. My son brought a sign. One side it was about his birthday and on the other it was about hopefully getting a drum stick from Matt. I have to say Matt was awesome acknowledging the sign early in the night and he kept letting my son know that he didn't forget about him. Eddie was awesome letting Vinny know that he saw him too. The interaction of the band with him nearly sent him into total over load. We thought the the set list was incredible and it hit songs that we were looking for.

The icing on an already incredible cake happened when Eddie made a point to for my son to get a tambourine and then to end his night Matt had one of the crew members deliver a pair of drum sticks and a sweat band to him.

All I can say is for my son to have the interactions that he had last night with his favorite band will be a life time memory for him and me.

Happy bday to your son! I watched thT whole thing go down and it was incredible!!! So happy for him. What an experience for him
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    the poster is just .... wow !! hoping they can keep that high standard throughout the entire tour
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    carthur said:

It was my birthday too...... Was it your son Eddie wished Happy Birthday to? (My wife pretended it was for me!)

What a great birthday night for both of us, happy birthday to your son!
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    PJlive said:

Sprunkn7 said:

I'm in the rafters tonight but I'll continue dancing my ass off ♡

Those fuckers waiting in GA should swap tickets with you. They looked like zombies last night.
    I'm sure waiting outside the venue in the GA line for 12+ hours probably contributes to the zombie/sedate crowd.
  • carthurcarthur Posts: 26
    Merklin Baller yes it was him that Eddie wished happy birthday to. He nearly lost his mind when that happened.
    Baltimore 13
    Philly N1 2016
    Boston N1 & N2 2016
    Seattle N1 & N2 2018

Temple of the Dog
    New York 2016
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    PJlive said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Those fuckers waiting in GA should swap tickets with you. They looked like zombies last night.
    They were too tired from camping out all night
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1

PJlive said:

Sprunkn7 said:

I'm sure waiting outside the venue in the GA line for 12+ hours probably contributes to the zombie/sedate crowd.
    I was thinking they must be tired. Dedicated, and they still rocked as much as they could.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    carthur said:

Merklin Baller yes it was him that Eddie wished happy birthday to. He nearly lost his mind when that happened.

So freakin' cool, what a great birthday treat!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    AlaG said:

No songs off Vitalogy tonight. Anyone think we're getting the full album tomorrow?

you are, just not the one you were hoping for. LOL!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719

Good show, but F'in Up was appropriate as there were some mistakes tonight lol. Crowd sort of dead, especially for philly. Set highlights for me were Oceans into Chloe/crown, a sick and heartfelt LBC, great version of low light, seeing in the moonlight for the third time (haha) and a solid In My Tree. Looking forward to night 2.

*****after being in the 100s for night 2- I don't think sounds travels well into the 200s in Wells Fargo, as some people expected. I hope that isn't the case for msg!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    edited April 2016
    Great show! Loved Oceans. Sat on an end seat in 102 and drunk idiots/beer runners/piss breakers were a constant disruption. A note to drunk idiots: if you're going to get so inebriated that you can't find your seat PLEASE do the rest of us a favor and stay the f**k home, ok? Ed consistently found ways to make the night special and the crowd was good (not great). Feedback issues during Crazy Mary reminded me of Philly 05 when the amp blew and Ed was sure it was the ghost of Mary getting him back for calling her crazy all those years. Ah, PJ memories...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • AggAgg Posts: 462
    Does anyone happen to have any video of Got Some from this show??? Can't find it on YouTube anymore :(
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • jonnywexjonnywex Jersey Posts: 3
    Did anyone notice another song within Rearview Mirror? I couldn't place it, but during the 'solo', I could have sworn that they were teasing/playing something else. But I don't have the patience to wait for the bootleg so someone please tell me!! ;-) Thanks.
    #RVM +??
  • blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104

bobvl said:

bobvl said:

This is just my second show but I was blown away by the set and the energy the band played with. They didn't seem to let up from start to finish. Lots of great moments that have already been mentioned above. It was my son's first show and he had a great time. I'd like to second MusicDude415's sentiment, we were in Section 105 Row 6 and everybody around us was great. Thanks to Ten Club for the great seats.

what is your ten club# first time ten club seats for me tonight I wonder where 449 xxx will get me
    My number is 509xxx and this was my first time with club seats too. We were just off the floor on opposite side of arena from the stage. It was a good view, got to take in the crowd and the band together and everyone in that area was cool and having a great time. Enjoy the show tonight!
    thank you! tonight is gonna be the best show on the tour...I can feel it.
    seats for night two with 449993# 111 row 2 AMAZING SEATS!...and my prediction was right. last night was best on the tour so far!
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    jonnywex said:

Did anyone notice another song within Rearview Mirror? I couldn't place it, but during the 'solo', I could have sworn that they were teasing/playing something else. But I don't have the patience to wait for the bootleg so someone please tell me!! ;-) Thanks.
    #RVM +??

I think it was a Third Stone from the Sun tease by Mike. I definitely heard a tease of something there, too.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Good show, but F'in Up was appropriate as there were some mistakes tonight lol. Crowd sort of dead, especially for philly. Set highlights for me were Oceans into Chloe/crown, a sick and heartfelt LBC, great version of low light, seeing in the moonlight for the third time (haha) and a solid In My Tree. Looking forward to night 2.

*****after being in the 100s for night 2- I don't think sounds travels well into the 200s in Wells Fargo, as some people expected. I hope that isn't the case for msg!!!
    MSG acoustics are awesome! Love it there
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Fans in 215 rocked out, that's for sure. Band sounded great up there too.

This family had the most fun of any group in the building.

Love Boat Captain:

Lightning Bolt:

Mom also made a steering wheel for Rearviewmirror =)

I was in 216A section. Sound was phenomenal! The audience was on fire. I was in 124 section during the Philly 1 and that was awesome as well.

In 2005 I was in the rafters at wells fargo and the sound was awesome then, too.
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    There is a ring of speakers around the stage rigging that faces directly at the upper level. Far end of the arena might be muddy, but it's very clear closer to the stage.