Parking tips for Philly?

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding the official lot at Wells Fargo? I tried to purchase a parking pass through the web site, but with fees a $25 parking pass magically ended up being $43.25 total. Are there lots in the area that are more reasonable? Is it cheaper to pay to park there in person? I'll be there night 2. Thanks for any guidance!

Comments

• ekim997ekim997 Pennsylvania Posts: 105
    edited April 2016
    Its probably 25 dollars cash at Wells Fargo Lot. If you go to Citizen's bank park lot, it MIGHT be cheaper but probably not. Lincoln Financial Field will probably be 25 too. A couple blocks away there is "Jetro" lot. It is usually cheaper for sporting events, not sure about the shows though. There there is also FDR park, I've never parked there but I have heard it is free, but not sure. I do know it is a little bit of a walk from there to the lot though. Hope this helps
  • tchtch Posts: 91
    ekim997 said:

Its probably 25 dollars cash at Wells Fargo Lot. If you go to Citizen's bank park lot, it MIGHT be cheaper but probably not. Lincoln Financial Field will probably be 25 too. A couple blocks away there is "Jetro" lot. It is usually cheaper for sporting events, not sure about the shows though. There there is also FDR park, I've never parked there but I have heard it is free, but not sure. I do know it is a little bit of a walk from there to the lot though. Hope this helps

That's so helpful, thank you! I'm happy to pay $25, but I'm not willing to pay an extra $20 in fees.
  • jfoxballjfoxball Medina Ohio Posts: 22
    edited April 2016
    Nevermind
    Post edited by jfoxball on
  • MB656972MB656972 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    If anyone has any suggestions regarding where one might park to avoid paying at a parking lot entirely I would greatly appreciate it.
    Post edited by MB656972 on
    05/28/2006 (Sunday)--Camden, NJ (Tweeter Center)
    06/20/2008 (Friday)--Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center)
    10/28/2009 (Wednesday)--Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum)
    05/21/2010 (Friday)--New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)
    04/28/2016 (Thursday)--Philadelphia, PA (Wells Fargo Center)
  • GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 340
    edited April 2016
    FYI for everyone parking, the Phillies are also at home Friday night so parking lot will be slammed. Arrive early.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    GM151575 said:

FYI for everyone parking, the Phillies are also at home Friday night so parking lot will be slammed. Arrive early.

shit that's right.. good heads up there
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
    DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

Well crap. I assumed they were still in DC. That will make traffic fun after the show too. Thanks for the warning!
    BTW- the Phillies are selling pre-paid parking for $19 vs. the $43 on Wells Fargo.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited April 2016
    tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

Well crap. I assumed they were still in DC. That will make traffic fun after the show too. Thanks for the warning!
    If you don't mind walking you can park on Pattison Ave.

I think the Phillies game will be over before PJ, so that crowd should be out of ther by then. Plus, they're playing Cleveland, and with the weather not being so good(chance of rain and the temps in the low 50's-40's, i don't expect a big crowd. Think when the Mets were in town during ther last home stand i notice the attendance for one game was only 20,000. I think we'll be good after the game, but could have some traffic trouble getting ther. So, like GM151575 said: Arrive early if you can.
  • MB656972MB656972 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 14
    cutz said:

tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

I think the Phillies game will be over before PJ, so that crowd should be out of ther by then. Plus, they're playing Cleveland, and with the weather not being so good(chance of rain and the temps in the low 50's-40's, i don't expect a big crowd. Think when the Mets were in town during ther last home stand i notice the attendance for one game was only 20,000. I think we'll be good after the game, but could have some traffic trouble getting ther. So, like GM151575 said: Arrive early if you can.
    Thanks for all of the helpful posts!
    05/28/2006 (Sunday)--Camden, NJ (Tweeter Center)
    06/20/2008 (Friday)--Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center)
    10/28/2009 (Wednesday)--Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum)
    05/21/2010 (Friday)--New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)
    04/28/2016 (Thursday)--Philadelphia, PA (Wells Fargo Center)

cutz said:

tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

No problem.

But, we all could be screwed if the Phillies game goes extra innings (Seems like PJ shows have been ending near 11:30.). But, like i said i don't expect a BIG crowd for the Cleveland Indians. Hell, ther may be more people at the WFC then CBP>LOL
    cutz said:

cutz said:

tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

No problem.

But, we all could be screwed if the Phillies game goes extra innings (Seems like PJ shows have been ending near 11:30.). But, like i said i don't expect a BIG crowd for the Cleveland Indians. Hell, ther may be more people at the WFC then CBP>LOL
    I'm a big baseball fan, but even I wouldn't stay extra innings until 11:30 in the cold rain to see a mediocre team (sorry Phillies, sort of). I bet any traffic problems will be caused by PJ fans.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    cutz said:

tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

How far is Pattison Ave from venue?
  • $10 parking in the Jetro lot next to the Linc. A little further walk but better that $25.
    Blockbuster Center-8/28/98,E-Centre-09/02/00,Spectrum-04/28/03,PNC Arts Center-07/14/03,Borgata-09/30/05,Philly-10/03/05,Continental Arena-06/01/06, Susquehanna Bank Center-07/19/08,MSG-06/24/08,Spectrum-10/30/09,10/31/09, MSG-06/21/10,MIA-09/02/12,Philly-10/21/13,10/22/13,Philly-04/28/16

cutz said:

tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

About 20 minutes. Actually, I just parked on Lawrence, just off Pattinson Ave. near the fish market. Still spots left. It's FREE, and I've parked here before, so I'm not worried about my car.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    cutz said:

cutz said:

tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

About 20 minutes. Actually, I just parked on Lawrence, just off Pattinson Ave. near the fish market. Still spots left. It's FREE, and I've parked here before, so I'm not worried about my car.
    Ok, thanks!

cutz said:

cutz said:

tch said:

DPrival78 said:

GM151575 said:

Ok, thanks!
    Just curious, but where did you park last night?
  • ekim997ekim997 Pennsylvania Posts: 105
    The linc lot is only 18 bucks and they have solar panels to shield from the rain for anyone who is not aware