*** New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Fanviews Here 4/23/16 ***

Comments

• Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    I was about a third of the way back to left of stage in front of screen, couldn't see the stage by I am only 5ft so that understandable. Had to move cause drunk girl screeching the songs in my ear and slamming into me but found myself amongst a group of pearl jam people who knew the songs and rocked out and sensed I was solo so watched out for me which was nice. PJ sounded great and Steve Gleason brought a tear to my eye, I lost a very close friend to MND about 6 years ago, horrible disease. Had a great time, never expected it to be so big and so hot.
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Kick ass set. Can't wait for MSG.

Anyone have a vid of the Steve Gleason intro?
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    YLed2 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dARHSSE8Ixc
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    never been a huge fan of The Real ME... but just watched a video of it... and wow, totally new appreciation for this song.. and I got that from a video,..can't imagine how fn' cool it of been to have been there...Great set,..see in in 2 days in Kentucky...As we leave tomorrow for the road trip.
  • I always buy the New Orleans boots. Always a different feel to them

... good to know, cause my collection of this tour-boots has started for sure with New Orleans now-
    So maybe New Orleans might be called festival setlist, but I just can’t resist the choice and set up of that night… too many faves on the list for me, so that is promising just too much fun already for my driving/listening sessions :)

So thanks a lot, Pearl Jam!!!
    And a big thanks also to the fans and the ones who share their experience here!
    I am happy for all who were there or will be elsewhere...
    and yup, the PJ fever got me, too …
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806

How well did they execute God's Dice?

You'll have to wait for the bootleg to get out to know for sure.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635

YLed2 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dARHSSE8Ixc
    Thanks for posting this video. They have the complete show on YouTube, it's terrific! I converted all the songs to .mp3s so I can listen to the show in my car.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdL6t4M9CITl2VGiQBz3eAS5PEygDFCw-
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Nice jacket Ed!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • there would be noo language without misunderstanding....sad day...better to have been deaf than blind to this incredible jacket
  • my mourning ti have not been there by slight of the hand dealt....viva las vegas
  • dh280236dh280236 Texas Posts: 13
    Global warming is a myth and Eddie Vedder is a shill for the New World Order.
  • hidypittshidypitts Posts: 52
    Great show and despite seriously almost passing out from the heat, so glad we made the trip. PJ was ripping and seemed to be having a great time. They played hard start to finish. Loved every minute of it. Eric from Waco, hope you had a great experience, too! Thanks for keeping us entertained in line.
  • reedj66reedj66 Posts: 29

They nailed it! Sooo happy with the setlist - got to hear four new ones (Arms Aloft, God's Dice, In Hiding, Last Exit), and anytime they play Long Road for me, I melt.

I've been to multiple Jazz Fests, ACL, Bonnaroo, Voodoo, and DeLuna, and in my opinion, the Jazz Fest vip setup is the absolute worst. There were waaayyyy too many casual fans streaming in and out, which really has a negative effect on the vibe of a show. I mean, if you're sitting down on a rail step applying lipstick before you take a selfie to post on your feed while the guys are up there kicking ass playing Even Flow, I just don't know what to say.

All that negativity aside, we were able to have a blast and thoroughly enjoyed every song. I went with a younger friend who had only seen PJ once (Tibetan freedom fest or something like that in DC back in 1998). So, we had the old man (me, 49), my 30 something friend, and a 16 year old next to him who had just joined the ten club last week, was at his first PJ show, and sang along with us to EVERY SONG!! Super cool to see that and refreshing to see a young fan with just as much passion for the band as we were.

Hope you guys get to see them soon and can't wait for the next time I'm there too :)
    2000 - New Orleans
    2003 - New Orleans
    2010 - New Orleans
    2012 - Pensacola
    2013 - Wrigley, New Orleans, Dallas
    2014 - Austin, Austin, Memphis
    2016 - New Orleans
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    It had been awhile since I've been to a festival. It was kind of strange (after going to three GA shows with fellow 10C members) to be in a large crowd where most of the people around me wasn't signing along to every song. I made up for it by singing extra loud!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    LukinFan said:

It had been awhile since I've been to a festival. It was kind of strange (after going to three GA shows with fellow 10C members) to be in a large crowd where most of the people around me wasn't signing along to every song. I made up for it by singing extra loud!

Was it a big crowd? Last festival I saw them was Music Midtown and there was easily 60k there. What did this look like to you?
    mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

Was it a big crowd? Last festival I saw them was Music Midtown and there was easily 60k there. What did this look like to you?
    I have no clue how many people were there but I was at Midtown too, and it seemed way more than that.

Someone said 100000?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Nothing is EverythingNothing is Everything LoUiSiAna Posts: 12

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    Well shit....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    LukinFan said:

was an honor to meet you and rock out with you in GA shows at florida!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AR134901AR134901 Posts: 6
    First time hearing my favorite song "State of Love and Trust" live. All that I hoped for. I would seriously recommend Jazz Fest to anyone who just loves music, even if PJ aren't playing. As other people mentioned, it was a little disappointing how big the VIP section was in the front, but it is a business after all. There were more than a few of those VIPs on the jumbotron that had no idea who PJ are.
  • AR134901AR134901 Posts: 6
    Were they selling posters at Jazz Fest? I didn't see any merch set up and it looks like the posters have already sold out online.
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Loved the show. The shout out to me and my brother was something special. I'll never forget it.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • AR134901 said:

Were they selling posters at Jazz Fest? I didn't see any merch set up and it looks like the posters have already sold out online.

No, there is no artist merch sold at jazz fest. It was the same deal in 2010 where the poster was sold online after the show.

LukinFan said:

was an honor to meet you and rock out with you in GA shows at florida!!
    Dimi - same here! It was awesome to finally meet you. What a great group of shows.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Still not recovered from this weekend...
  • CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    Pearl Jam brought it at Jazz Fest, couldn't believe the songs we got .. I am not one to typically say negative things but the crowd - at least where i was - sucked ass... way to many casual fans there just to be there.... me and my wife didn't let it bring us down.. we sang along with all the songs as loud as we could, danced and all just as if we were in GA at an arena .. the folks around us probably didnt know what to think of us but I didn't know what to think of them either .. other than they had no idea about the great set list they were getting ... God's Dice, Of the Earth, mid set Long Road, In Hiding, etc ... damn.. I am still pumped .. only bad part is now having to wait on Fenway 1 ...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    reedj66 said:

So, we had the old man (me, 49), my 30 something friend, and a 16 year old next to him who had just joined the ten club last week, was at his first PJ show, and sang along with us to EVERY SONG!! Super cool to see that and refreshing to see a young fan with just as much passion for the band as we were.
    hey!!!! thats me! I'm very thankful you guys were able to give my friends and I some room at the front right before they started! You guys definitely made the experience 10x greater with your singing and participation! Definitely something i will remember forever!

Still reeling over the fact they played SOLAT first. I love that song and lost my shit when i heard the first notes.

Was Garden really the song that got scratched out? Kinda disappointed since that was the song i requested last week, but as you guys have stated nothing is set in stone. So close yet so far!!

They did play the shit out of that set and im very happy i got to be apart of it!
    edited April 2016
    I got to meet Boom on the streets of NOLA on Friday afternoon!
    photo Boom in NOLA_zps1hrqfewd.jpg
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    LukinFan said:

That's awesome!
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville

LukinFan said:

That's awesome!
    Thanks! Made my damn weekend. Boom was very nice. My girlfriend who was with me, told me that it looked like I startled him when I yelled out his name as we passed. Good times.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com