*** Columbia, SC Fanviews Here 4/21/16 ***

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    amazing setlist!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rylanrylan Posts: 204
    You guys got one hell of a setlist!!
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Probably the best setlist of the tour thus far.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Looks like it was a great show! The first encore looks amazing and I hope the walk on music is Pendulumorphosis for the upcoming shows!
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    jjheel13 said:

Whew what a blast Greenville-Hampton-Columbia was. Had to compare a full album show to the others but I think Greenville was the best then Columbia then Hampton. However, I thought Hampton was pretty damn good.

I woke up Monday morning with a 103 degree fever which the doctor soon confirmed to be the flu. I've solidered on the last few days with one of the worst illnesses I've ever had.

But that couldn't stop me from seeing the best band in the world!

Thanks guys

Were you fever-free for 24 hours before the show? Hope so, for the sake of the people around you. Just saying . . .
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    Looks like a great show. You all got several songs I was hoping for in Lexington next week.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    dogtown said:

So with195xxx they put me on the floor five rows back behind GA. Went to check my usual 10 club spot and what did I find? People who bought $30 tickets on stubhub two hours prior, or on Ticketmaster this afternoon. So general market seats beat out ten club now? Should we all just buy tickets online day of show?

I remember this happening in Newark 2010. Guy next to me bought his seats for 40$ that day.
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    edited April 2016
    Great show and a nice complement to the Gville show. I was pumped to cross Footsteps, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns, I Got Shit, Light Years, Oceans, and All Those Yesterdays off my list. Both SC crowds were great. Total different show energy wise though. I liked the chill opening of this one and the great encore 2 run. Can't wait til next time guys. What a week.
    Post edited by dpduke69 on
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    dogtown said:

So with195xxx they put me on the floor five rows back behind GA. Went to check my usual 10 club spot and what did I find? People who bought $30 tickets on stubhub two hours prior, or on Ticketmaster this afternoon. So general market seats beat out ten club now? Should we all just buy tickets online day of show?

You have a usual spot? Give me a break.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    Why would you go to the show if you had the flu? Thanks for getting the rest of us sick. Stay home
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    always nice to see Infallible getting more plays - still a LB highlight for me
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Wow, show was unreal last night. I have to give Columbia the nod over Greenville. My only two shows this tour but had a blast at both
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    What an incredible concert.

I couldn't believe they opened with Oceans. It's my second time hearing that...first time at Deluna Fest and now here. Makes me wonder if the guys surfed the Washout at Folly Beach in their days off before the show. Hahaha

Immortality . . . One of my top five songs and only time heard live. So grateful for it.

People went nuts during Animal, and they stayed nuts for the rest of the night.

Every song was a highlight, really, to hear Ed's voice in such great health, and this band just fucking rocks it. Every time.

I know the band really appreciated the audience tonight. South Carolina is a special place. Southerners always bring the dance party to a concert. They're not afraid to show their love.

. . . except when they booed. That was not cool. The band looked visibly hurt when Ed was trying to explain Raleigh and people booed. I wish he hadn't given them the opportunity by talking about it. That, and the arena concourse are my only complaints. It was a cluster fuck getting in and out of there.

I know I won't see my beloved PJ in my beloved SC again (or maybe another decade?), and I'm so thankful for last night. Driving here the day of the show from DC . . . My best road trip "home" since I left this place in 2000. Headed to Charleston to visit my best friends for the rest of the weekend. I am blessed.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    pdalowsky said:

always nice to see Infallible getting more plays - still a LB highlight for me

I agree. This song was a standout on the album. Very much under-appreciated.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited April 2016
    I don't think there is anything wrong with being booed. You can't cancel on 15,000 people and the next night expect everyone to love you. If you want everyone to have a voice you can't expect that every voice will agree with you. Pearl Jam gets nothing but cheers for them 99% of the time. They have been the boss (maybe not at home) for almost all of their adult lives. They spend their off days in Hawaii and building skate parks. They can handle a little criticism.
    One more thing. I wore the PJ earplugs. They were awesome!!!!! Thank you!!! Glad to support Music Cares with a donation.
  • pdalowsky said:

My favourite set of the tour so far

Me too! Can't wait for the boot!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Mike had a bad show. It was odd, he messed up infallible and marker so bad. Light years a bit too and that ledbetter was terrible

Matt fucking Cameron was an unstoppable force on the othere hand. Wow!!!!!
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"

I don't think there is anything wrong with being booed. You can't cancel on 15,000 people and the next night expect everyone to love you. If you want everyone to have a voice you can't expect that every voice will agree with you. Pearl Jam gets nothing but cheers for them 99% of the time. They have been the boss (maybe not at home) for almost all of their adult lives. They spend their off days in Hawaii and building skate parks. They can handle a little criticism.

People don't have to love everything Pearl Jam does, and I'm of the opinion that the Raleigh cancellation was a bad idea, from a political activism standpoint. But it's just rude to boo people -- any people -- on a stage. It's a really vulnerable place to be, no matter how many shows you have under your belt. Here was Eddie trying to apologize, and instead of forgiveness, he got a fuck you. I don't like that.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Oceans, Sleight and Light Years were all firsts for me. I got shit and footsteps are always great to hear. Best version of crown I've heard in person.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    edited April 2016
    jordn6971 said:

Mike had a bad show. It was odd, he messed up infallible and marker so bad. Light years a bit too and that ledbetter was terrible

Matt fucking Cameron was an unstoppable force on the othere hand. Wow!!!!!

Definitely noticed he missed the que on going into the solo and went right into the bridge part on YL. Oh well he slayed in Gville though.
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • Such a good show, Opening with oceans was incredible and sleight of hand and chloe/crown were not expected and I am so glad they played those. So Happy I was able to make it after the raleigh show was cancelled. Looking forward to the next show!
  • Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    Awesome show, my first of 9 so it was a great start
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • briansimpson737briansimpson737 Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    I can understand if Mike might have been a bit off...I'm pretty sure he was so overcome with surprise and giddiness about seeing me close in front of him that he got distracted. :)

In YL he was mugging/talking to Jeff and just flat out missed his mid song solo. Stone and Ed looked over with a WTF? expression and he just kind of shrugged, laughed, and said something like "I forgot"!

This my have thrown him off for the rest of the song...the closing solo never really hit its stride. It was almost like he never completely figured out where he was going, so he left it with a few bar chords and a short closing flourish.

That being said, it was very cool watching him all night. His audience interaction was tremendous and he looked like he was having a blast. I am more that willing to overlook a few sour notes. With all the songs they pull out I kind of expect it and I would much rather have variety with an odd mess up thrown in than a note perfect static show every night. He smoked the Even Flow and Black solos.

Ed had a couple of moments too, at the beginning of Low Light and missing the lyrics in part of DTE. All part of the experience!

Great night!
    Post edited by briansimpson737 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Oceans to open. my DREAM. one day, PJ, one day.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• homermac0520homermac0520 Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    People don't have to love everything Pearl Jam does, and I'm of the opinion that the Raleigh cancellation was a bad idea, from a political activism standpoint. But it's just rude to boo people -- any people -- on a stage. It's a really vulnerable place to be, no matter how many shows you have under your belt. Here was Eddie trying to apologize, and instead of forgiveness, he got a fuck you. I don't like that.

So the only time you can voice an opinion at a Pearl Jam concert is only if you agree with what they are saying? If you disagree, stay silent?
    Post edited by homermac0520 on
  • abhijitmgabhijitmg Greensboro, NC Posts: 21
    Columbia kicked Gville's ass! except YLed..
  • KR151056KR151056 Posts: 16

I don't think there is anything wrong with being booed. You can't cancel on 15,000 people and the next night expect everyone to love you. If you want everyone to have a voice you can't expect that every voice will agree with you.....

Amen! I could not have said it better! They seem to have forgotten all the fans whose hard earned money helped them accrue their $80, $90, $100 million+ fortunes that now afford them the soap box (stage) from which they punish us. Hurt and insulted!
  • MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    Holy crap - these set lists have been off the hook! i've been drooling and cannot wait for the philly shows!!!!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

So the only time you can voice an opinion at a Pearl Jam concert is only if you agree with what they are saying? If you disagree, stay silent?

no, but if you want to have a good show, it's best to.

a very politically-outspoken canadian musician, whose music gravitated towards the radio-friendly crowd (see: knuckleheads) and he would be talking about such and such a topic, and he would often get "shut up and sing". it would annoy him to the point that he'd end his shows earlier than anticipated.

so yeah, best to just listen.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD