Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Pemberton Festival

Comments

• Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 779
    CB6978 said:

Two very important questions for anyone familiar with Pemby fest:

1. Is it safe to assume that the main headliner (in this case PJ) will definitely play the final night?

2. Is it realistic to assume the main headliner would play multiple nights?

Historically what has the main headliner's role been? Thank you.

Last year the Black Keys headlined the Saturday night while Kendrick Lamar headlined the Sunday night. It's tough to say how they will do it this year. I'm hoping PJ can headline the Saturday night, definitely the most fun during the festival.

Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    iammine16 said:

Last year the Black Keys headlined the Saturday night while Kendrick Lamar headlined the Sunday night. It's tough to say how they will do it this year. I'm hoping PJ can headline the Saturday night, definitely the most fun during the festival.

I hope so. I can't really go for the whole festival and it would be nice not to miss work. Best case scenario for me is Sat night....
  • Options
    CB6978CB6978 Posts: 49
    I'm banking on Sunday based on the 2015 main headliner playing Sunday. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    CB6978 said:

I'm banking on Sunday based on the 2015 main headliner playing Sunday. Thanks for the info.

That's dumb. Main headliner should always be on a Saturday. People have to get up early on Mondays.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Sunday seems kinda pointless anyway because of work Monday. I agree. But if history is any indication - PJ Sunday
  • Options
    Another question: What are parking (not camping) options if I wanna drive in & out for one day/night only?
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 379
    I've never been before, but from all I've read, you can't drive in and park. If you're not camping, you'd have to buy a shuttle pass and park in Whistler (or wherever else the shuttle stops). I did see a reference to single day shuttle passes from a previous year when they released single day tickets, which is good because a full weekend shuttle pass is another $99 on top of the ticket price.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    If they don't sell out, which I suspect they won't now unless they add another big name, they will release single day tickets.
    You'll then be able to buy a single day with shuttle pass and take shuttle from whistler creek side parking lot.

It's very easy. Previous years single days weren't released until maybe two, max three weeks before. I'd bank on that happening again
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Pemberton Camping is now Sold Out!
    Look into Whistler or surrounding accommodations if you are coming;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    It would be nice if they announced what night they were playing. I'm having a hard time convincing anyone to go because I can't actually tell them what day its on.. ugh.
  • Options
    Yes it would be nice.... though it would be irrelevant info for me until i know i could get a one day pass for that night.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Judging by the festivals own posts on FB, the festival may sell out. They said the demand now at end of April is equivalent to what they had by end of June last year.

Camping is limited space and even though it's full, the actual festival site is huge and could be filled up by daily commuters. Regardless, if daily tickets are announced like previous years, it won't be until a couple weeks before.
  • Options
    Yes, i am not holding my breath. Luckily my accommodations are free so no real planning is involved for me. If it becomes possible i just head up to Whistler. I do have a friend who claimed his friend has an inside connection and will be able to hook us up with free 1 day passes. But i will only believe it when i see it. Again, not holding my breath.
  • Options
    Yah I'm trying to leave the weekend free so if they release 1 day tickets I can head up there.... you'd think there would be a few. I think they've sold some every year before.... but it's a last minute thing... which makes it hard for planning.. because people don't like non-concrete plans and book other stuff.... meh.

If it was a festival setlist I'd probably be ok with missing it, but if they play a 3.5 hour barn burner I'll be pissed i missed it.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I've decided against going to Pemberton for various reasons, both financial & practical.
    Besides, someone's bound to Periscope it. :tongue:
    Hope everyone has fun, though ... and that there are plenty of shade/mist tents at the festival site.
  • Options
    I think I've almost got the Mrs. on board with going but it all hangs on single day tickets.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Zod said:

I think I've almost got the Mrs. on board with going but it all hangs on single day tickets.

Sweet!!
    I'll be arriving on the Wednesday afternoon when they start to allow parking.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

Zod said:

Sweet!!
    I'll be arriving on the Wednesday afternoon when they start to allow parking.
    Whats the parking like? If I go I think were going old school.. take the ferry over, drive to the show, then drive back and sleep on the ferry.

How much parking is there in Pemberton. I heard they do shuttles from Whistler but I'd rather not deal with masses of people waiting for shuttles?
  • Options
    The shuttles were really not bad at all last year. Leaving the site after the shows I didn't wait once. Waited max fifteen minutes for bus from Whistler to the site. 25 minute ride, bring a beer and enjoy the scenery.

You won't be able to park in Pemberton itself. Maybe if you know a super secret spot, but in regular areas, you aren't parking there. They control it well.
  • Options
    So it's impossible to drive to Pemberton itself to attend the show? IE they don't have fields or anything to park in (like many other festivals do?)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    No not for daily commuters. If you are camping there for the weekend they have parking.
    2008 the first festival was literally a traffic jam for hours when they allowed daily commuting.
    It is single lane traffic for 30km from Whistler to Pemberton. You can imagine the chaos if thousands were commuting daily to the festival.
  • Options
    Why is Pemberton no longer on the Tour Page?
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    Nevermind, it's back
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    iammine16 said:

Nevermind, it's back

Did you notice it no longer has the date range on it? It lists it as July 17th (it was listed as the 14th to 17th before). I wonder if that's the actual date. It would mean my idea of booking the Friday off will have backfired and I'll need to try and get the Monday off.
  • Options
    Zod said:

iammine16 said:

Nevermind, it's back

Did you notice it no longer has the date range on it? It lists it as July 17th (it was listed as the 14th to 17th before). I wonder if that's the actual date. It would mean my idea of booking the Friday off will have backfired and I'll need to try and get the Monday off.
    Yeah I noticed that. Looks like they are closing out the festival on the Sunday night. I am going to the whole festival so I'm ok with that. Sucks you have to scramble to book off the Monday though
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    iammine16 said:

Yeah I noticed that. Looks like they are closing out the festival on the Sunday night. I am going to the whole festival so I'm ok with that. Sucks you have to scramble to book off the Monday though

I got an e-mail back from the ten club. The 10c stated they still don't know what date PJ as actually planning. They basically said the festival hasn't confirmed the lineups yet and probably won't until they're done signing up acts to play the festival.

but yah.. I only want to go for PJ, so if it's the Friday or Sunday I need to have a day off work. If they play saturday then I don't :)
  • Options
    I doubt Friday. It will be Saturday or most likely Sunday as main headliner last two years was then
  • Options
    hmm maybe i should proactively try and take the monday off instead of the friday.. I was thinking friday/saturday.
  • Options
    Zod said:

hmm maybe i should proactively try and take the monday off instead of the friday.. I was thinking friday/saturday.

What about taking Friday AND Monday off? :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

What about taking Friday AND Monday off? :)
    It's kind of a dick move as I don't work with too many other people, and only one of us can really be away at any given time. so me booking one day off in a week theoretically prohibits someone else from taking the whole week. I try not to do that too often.