*** Jacksonville, FL Fanviews Here 4/13/16 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited April 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Jacksonville Veteran’s Memorial Arena
Jacksonville, FL
April 13, 2016
Set List

Walk On Music: It Happened Today-R.E.M
Band On Stage 08:37
Band Off Stage 11:28

01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
02. Mind Your Manners
03. Hail, Hail
04. Last Exit
05. Lightning Bolt
06. Nothingman

(Ed says he has been proud to be playing under (the U.S.A. Flag) for all the veterans and active duty service members. He has a special friend he has known for twenty years, Colonel John McDonough. He has Kille light up Colonel McDonough and asks “we get so much applause, let’s give the most to (Colonel McDonough)”)

07. Army Reserve
08. Given To Fly
09. Rival
10. Setting Forth
11. Corduroy

(Ed says, “…I haven’t even had any of the real wine yet so, I will start exaggerating later but this is the truth. I have the best seat in the house to watch the greatest bass player in the world. Mr Jeff Ament.” He continues with claiming that he and Jeff roomed together while Mike and Stone had a room back when they had to share rooms on tour. He said that Stone used to stand on the other side of the stage by Mike but eventually he had to be like a school teacher and separate the two guitar players to get any work done. He laughs and says not really true, Stone wrote all the songs and was slave driving over there. Ed lets everyone know that Mike and Stone are so joined up that they even had their kids on the same day. This next song is for Mike and Stone’s children)

12. Even Flow

(Ed praises the audience and says, “I am so glad the peak wasn’t Ft. Lauderdale. We have already decided we are gonna have the farewell tour right here!” The audience cheers and Ed says, “I don’t know what you are cheering for, I am talking about farewell to Florida. In about ten years this place is going to be underwater. That part up there will be like a club we play. This next song is about having a great seat for the end of the world. It’s called ‘Of The Earth’.”)

13. Of The Earth
14. Glorified G
15. Unthought Known
16. Let The Records Play
17. Spin The Black Circle
18. Porch

Encore Break One

Ed holds up a pillow case on which Dimitris from the message boards wrote ‘Ghost For The Greek’. Ed says “I will think on it. No, I will sleep on it. That is what I am supposed to do right?”
“For my all time favorite Floridian, and he will probably hear it if you really sing on it.”
20. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)-Ed solo
21. I Am A Patriot-(Van Zandt) (played for Nathan because the Father is here again and this time so his the mom. She couldn’t make it last time.)

(Ed says he has a couple of requests to catch up. One is for Tamara and her daughter Rachel. “Mike knows a little bit about what Rachel is going through and would like to meet her. Just come to side of the stage after the show and tell them you are Tamara and that Ed sent you. And this is also for Aidi. He didn’t see the request until it was too late at the Tampa show but he hopes a tape can make it to Aidi and asks the audience to sing along for her.)
22. Just Breathe
23. Jeremy

(“That was Jeff Ament on the bass. And he came up with this next one, ‘Ghost’. This is for the Greek with our apologies.”)

24. Ghost
(Ed asks Killie to light up the person dressed like a ghost in the pit waving a Greek flag with the stickman and other items on it.. It can only be Dimitris He seems pretty enthused and flails around during the song. At the end of the song Ed comments, “that’s a friendly ghost.”) (Update: Actually, it wasn’t Dimitris but some other friendly ghost)

25. Do The Evolution
(Ed tosses the mic into the audience and a guy sings the “Oh Oh Oh” part and throws the mic back to Ed. At the end of the song Ed compliments the guy on his singing and points out his Keith Richards for President t-shirt to Mike who says, “I thought he was president.” Ed comments that if it came down to voting for a guy who was rich and hadn’t lived a normal life in 30 or 40 years he would totally vote for Keith over some other people currently running)

26. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore Break Two
27. Smile (played to the back of the venue)
28. Once
29. Black
30. State Of Love And Trust
31. Alive
32. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young)
33. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• 27 shows and I must say...this was an amazing show. Crowd was great considering how bad Tampa crowd was
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    That is an AWESOME setlist!!!!
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Wish list was not played tonight. Awesome time. Great seats from 10c. Great energy. See you in Philly.
  • PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
    All I can say is Holy Fuckballs - great show, incredible energy, sound was amazing. Going to need to drink a lot to get to sleep tonight.
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Killer!
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Another solid show. Lotsa gems tonight , Reserve, lastx, glorified, Smile backwards, Rival, Spin, solat, Won't back Down. Florida was a really nice 4 show run. Thanks Club for the tix and your service. Need sleep now, exhausted.
  • WishingWishing Coral Gables, FL Posts: 34
    Anyone go to all four florida shows? Thoughts?
  • My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Damn that's an amazing set!
    Austin, TX
  • PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
    Wishing said:

Anyone go to all four florida shows? Thoughts?

Yes - best decision made in a long time. Met so many great people over the last week. Rank them as Jacksonville, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa.
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Thumbing My Way tag on Black was amazing
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    I cant think to write now....i just cant
    Guys u cant inagine what happen tonight...
    Im over the moon..fuck...

Thank the band and my friends for tonight
    I m so happy..later
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    And thanks to Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Ghost for Dimi finally!!! What a great setlist

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• pjrusspjruss Posts: 449
    I went to all 4 Florida shows.
    Jacksonville the best, Tampa the worst. Miami and Ft Lauderdale were both good.

As for tonight, lots of highlights. Too tired to type it all now, but one great thing that will go unnoticed unless someone happened to be recording it, is as Eddie was playing the guitar intro to Unthought, he was yelling to those of us in the front "what's the first line?" A couple of us yelled it out, he said "got it!", then got to the mike just in time to start the song.
    I'll type more tomorrow. Great show, great night. Thanks PJ
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    CharlieP said:

Ghost for Dimi finally!!! What a great setlist

Was pretty funny watching the ghost dance around in GA...

Great show. Went to all 4 in Florida. Bummed that my run is over but had a great time. Not sure how many different songs they played in the 4 shows but I know its a crazy number. Happy they finally made it back down here. Need to find a way to make it somewhere else.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Very very special night! Life- altering, actually.

And Congratulations Dmitris!!!z

I think I DO know how you feel and am so happy you had tonight!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Wow. Incredible.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited April 2016
    What a night! Got a pic from mike and Eddie and a tambourine from Eddie, who took my sign with a suggested set list, read it and looks at me and nodded that it was good. Great crowd and the show had something for everyone. Ghost, thumbing my way tag, save it for later tag, of the earth, army reserve, rival... It was so jnpredictable and the band was in a good mood and firing on all cylinders.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Amazing show! I had GA and was 5 feet from the rail, dead center in front of Ed! Energy on the floor felt ridiculous! A lot of bouncing around, singing along, and just rocking out!

Of the Earth was amazing! First time hearing it live and loved it.

Was super psyched to hear Rival. Big favorite of mine.

Dimi's night was great! Hilarious ghost costume. One dude not far in front of me got to hold Ed up on porch, sing a bit on Evolution, and got the harmonica from Smile. Congrats dude, you must be stoked!

Evolution into Betterman was so good too!

Got to go to bed. Greenville here we come!
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Oh! Huge thanks to Matt and Charlie in the merch line. They helped 2 hours go by quickly! Met great people in the GA line.

Pit buddies were great! One woman from Oregon (wow!) and Sean and his wife from Savannah!

Thanks for making my show day great!
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Oh and RIVAL!!!!! Thank you thank you!!
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Ghost =

"Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    edited April 2016

I m so happy..later

"It happened today
    Hooray
    It happened
    Hip
    Hip
    Hooray"

So happy for you, Dimi! All those years of perseverence and all those near misses... Congratulations!
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • SB62034SB62034 Bluffton, SC Posts: 33
    My first show of this tour...the energy in the arena was amazing! drove home to SC and still a little to stoked to get to sleep just yet! A lot of crowd singing, and the energy just seemed to be passing from band to crowd and back. Ed even mentioned it at the very end...great version of Betterman w/SIFL, full Setting Forth was a nice surprise...RITFW was awesome, awesome awesome and YL/and Star Spangled Banner was of course Mike being Mike! So Glad they played that one tonight...Ed seemed to really chat it up tonight throughout the evening, with much of it relating to the military veterans and actives and really giving them some well-deserved recognition...
    Shout out to Marty from Chicago for hooking me up, met up early in the day and had a great spot in GA thanks to you!!! Much appreciated! Now, it's time to make plans for Greenville and Columbia!
    Indianapolis '98
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Detroit
    Cleveland '03
    2006: Denver 7/2,7/3, Gorge 7/22, 7/23
    Charlotte '13
    2016: Jacksonville, Greeneville, Columbia
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Best Florida show you ask!??? All of them were ducking great. You shoulda been there, that is all.
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    AMAZING!
    And congrats to Dimitris!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Yayyyyyy Dimi!! Soooo cool!! Sounds like an AMAZING night for multiple reasons but how absolutely cool you got your song Dimi!! :-D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Sea said:

Pearl Jam
    Jacksonville Veteran’s Memorial Arena
    Jacksonville, FL
    April 13, 2016
    Set List

16. Let The Records Play
    17. Spin The Black Circle
    18. Porch

Encore Break One

20. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)-Ed solo
    21. I Am A Patriot-(Van Zandt)

You skipped #19 and I thought I was going crazy!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Wow... that's a great set. Jealous.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I m so happy..later

Why now u don't recapping show?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015