*** Tampa, FL Fanviews Here 4/11/16 ***

Comments

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    foodboy said:

nothing special here. too bad thought with no new album thought they really might play more deep cuts. not that it is a bad show.

Seriously? I see special up and down this setlist, even with a meh selection or two in my personal opinion there's so much there that would have left me ear to ear smiling all show. I get at times complaints are warranted but I just don't see it here.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    When scrolling through the set today at work (Australia time) my first thoughts were "wow what a set!".

Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to the rest of the sets this tour!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    LOVE IT!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • pierj53 said:

pierj53 said:

foodboy said:

nothing special here. too bad thought with no new album thought they really might play more deep cuts. not that it is a bad show.

LBC lowlight red mosquito hard to imagine is a pretty good four song run
    pierj53 said:

foodboy said:

LBC lowlight red mosquito hard to imagine is a pretty good four song run
    That stretch was the highlight for me as well. Great show overall but it kind of peaked early!
    Also, "Imagine" is a buzzkill. I like when Eddie does it solo in his shows but it just seems like a waste of the whole band. There are 40 of their songs I'd prefer to have heard, basically. My FL run has ended - see everyone in Philly!
    Seems like a trend..FTL Miami and Tampa all started on fire. For me my fathers son killed the set. But I'm being a set list diva. The band is amazing. But really I hate my fathers son. And while I'm at it with my divaness, how about some more songs off S/T army reserve, marker and inside job are unreal. its become evident the band hates the self titled album
    hahaha. I love the term "set list diva" - never heard that before.
    Chicago 7/19/2013
    Fort Lauderdale 4/8/2016
    Miami 4/9/2016
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    HTI. Damn.

Save some juice for MSG fellas.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited April 2016
    Joe, I'm glad you finally got hti! seems like a killer setlist with a few momentum killers thrown in. (my father's son and in the moonlight)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    I love My Father's Son (it's my third favourite track off LB), and would love to see it live. IMO if you see PJ and you're disappointed with this setlist then you need to find another hobby.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Anybody notice the great solo on EVENFLOW?!?

It's one of the best solos I've heard mccready do yet!
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    edited April 2016

I think Ed was looking for the energy from Miami to carryover tonight and it was sporadic at best. Blood to close the first set was a gift and the pit wasn't moving at all. If Ed killed the mojo Saturday in Miami, tonight it was on the crowd. LBC, Moonlight, and Little Wing were definitely memorable though.

we were in section 103 and the echo was really frustrating. The mix improved a little toward the last third of the show. Setlist was exciting and unpredictable last night and pearl jam played a great show.

This was my 13th show. The only other time the sound was so echoey was when PJ played the same spot in Tampa in 08. All the other shows I have seen have been much easier to hear. No matter how tight and energetic the band is, it is tough for the crowd to reciprocate if they can't hear it well.

Looking forward to MSG and Fenway and checking out the bootleg for Tampa which I am sure will sound awesome off the soundboard.

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Little Wingn!! :bow::flushed::smiley:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I hate these damn keyboards
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Wow what a set. To think I was so close to requesting tickets to this show.
  • TPATURKTPATURK Posts: 47
    So did anyone notice that in Miami there was all sort of reverb issues with the sound until about song 9 or 10? It seemed to me that the Tampa sound was perfect from the get go. I think they were using some type of digital enhancer for songs like WMA etc... and it was not agreeing with the other pieces - I had a hard time in Miami with the sound - Tampa straight on - did anyone see Eddie lose his lyric book and then handed back to me.
    Atlanta, Georgia (August 20, 1992)
    New York, New York (September 10, 1998)
    New York, New York (September 11, 1998)
    West Palm Beach, Florida (September 22, 1998)
    West Palm Beach, Florida (September 23, 1998)
    West Palm Beach, Florida (August 09, 2000)
    Tampa, Florida (August 12, 2000)
    Tampa, Florida (April 13, 2003)
    Seattle, Washington (October 22, 2003)
    Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 24, 2009)
    Kansas City, Missouri (May 03, 2010)
    St Louis, Missouri (May 04, 2010)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    Tampa (April 11, 2016)
    Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016)
    Chicago The Vic (8-2-2007)
    Tampa/St.Pete (3-29-1994)

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    bturkel said:

So did anyone notice that in Miami there was all sort of reverb issues with the sound until about song 9 or 10? It seemed to me that the Tampa sound was perfect from the get go. I think they were using some type of digital enhancer for songs like WMA etc... and it was not agreeing with the other pieces - I had a hard time in Miami with the sound - Tampa straight on - did anyone see Eddie lose his lyric book and then handed back to me.

It was alot louder last night . No sound issues in sec 130. A brilliant show and now off to daytona beach for some r&r before jax
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    Wow food boy....did u even go to the show? Why even comment....your input wasn't necessary IMO
    Little Wing to end the show without LB is MASSIVE

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    bturkel said:

Sound wasn't good for me in Miami in the beginning. I couldn't really hear Ed. But then at some point it got better. Song 9 or 10 sounds about right. Wasn't in Tampa so can't compare :)
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    Any videos of Lightning Bolt from last night?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Amazing show. The pit was electric and seemed like the band was really feeling it last night. Tough to complain about the set list when your 2 people from the stage! On to MSG next month!
  • KarenKKarenK Posts: 5
    Great show! The sound had a lot of echo from where I was sitting. I was hoping for closer seats. Very short person, but at least the big screens were there to view. Then after seeing Ed and Mike came down into the crowd, I was kicking myself for not trying to pit tickets. PJ put on one hell of a show.

Here's a link to the video of the Lightning Bolt from Amalie Arena's twitter.
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199
    My 2 cents. The 2nd and 3rd setlists were amazing and were better than Miami's 2nd and 3rd sets. Seeing 'Hard to Imagine' in the first set amazing and was first for me. Bucket List checked. I thought the first setlist in Miami was a bit better and it pains me to say this, but I thought the crowd energy was better in Miami...AND I live in Tampa (walking distance to the arena). I had 10C seats but I was surrounded by douchebags who spent most of the time talking to each other or on their phones. Hell, the couple next to us missed the first song and left after the 5th song! But, besides the distractions of some of the fans, I'm still numb by two amazing shows. Hell, we are even considering making the trek up to Jax for the Wednesday show. This.band.is.damned.addictive.

I did notice one somewhat amazing act of kindness. The guy in front of me, who was a fellow hardcore fan loving every second of it, held up his phone on a phone call the entire night for some female acquaintance who couldn't make it to the show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    bturkel said:

I agree the sound quality between Miami and Tampa were noticeable. I don't think it was as much as a reverb issue versus just a lousy, old cave-like arena in Miami. About 4 years ago the RNC spent a buttload improving the acoustics of the Tampa Bay Times Arena (former name of Amelia) when they brought their hatefest to town. Ever since, concerts have sounded exponentially better.
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    I shoulda made the trip.... :(
    Damn boys!
    Love is all you need.....
    Dr. Matt said:

I did notice one somewhat amazing act of kindness. The guy in front of me, who was a fellow hardcore fan loving every second of it, held up his phone on a phone call the entire night for some female acquaintance who couldn't make it to the show.

some would call that kind.. others might say thats really annoying
    nycrats said:

Dr. Matt said:

He wasn't obstructing anyone's view and the screen wasn't bright. He held the phone at waist level. My GF noticed him doing it and creeped a look at the name on the phone.
    Dr. Matt said:

nycrats said:

Dr. Matt said:

He wasn't obstructing anyone's view and the screen wasn't bright. He held the phone at waist level. My GF noticed him doing it and creeped a look at the name on the phone.
    ah thats not terrible. when you said holding it up all night i envisioned seeing this person he was calling's face on a facetime the entire show while he held it at head level for them to see..
    nycrats said:

Dr. Matt said:

nycrats said:

Dr. Matt said:

ah thats not terrible. when you said holding it up all night i envisioned seeing this person he was calling's face on a facetime the entire show while he held it at head level for them to see..
    Yeah, I agree. That would have been a different story. I was at a Blue October show where a guy held up his tablet-sized phone for half of the show until security got to him and told him to knock it off. THAT indeed was annoying and a distraction.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    My highlights:

I patted Eddie on the chest when he ran behind GA. It was so crazy.
    Hard to imagine played in the middle of the first set?!?!
    Completing LB by getting getaway and MFS
    Imagine for the first time
    Betterman was insane and Eddie destroying his guitar

Wow, what a fantastic night. I took a ton of great pics and videos that I have to go through.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • bchagnonbchagnon Posts: 164
    I'm honestly not sure how one can complain about the set. They can't all be the best, and last night was exceedingly more than adequate. Great energy from the band, great energy from the crowd. To do what they do day in, day out, it's awesome to see that they love doing it and they don't treat it like a routine, they treat it like a priveledge. Viva la Pearl Jam!

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
    Consider me a satellite forever orbiting.
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me.
    Guaranteed."
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

Anybody notice the great solo on EVENFLOW?!?

It's one of the best solos I've heard mccready do yet!

Great setlist! Wish I had gone to this one!!!! Making me wonder if we should try for the rail in JAX after all, Christopher... :smile:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.