Options

Pearl Jam Nashville Fans?

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
Just wanted to know if there are any fans on here who live in Nashville. So many days where i feel that i alone represent the city as i have yet to come across anyone here who has a interest in them.

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Sorry to jump in on your post since I do not live in Nashville but I can't imagine you're alone there! I think there are quite a few members that are over on spacey facey. I'm hoping to catch pj in Nashville one of these days! :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Sorry to jump in on your post since I do not live in Nashville but I can't imagine you're alone there! I think there are quite a few members that are over on spacey facey. I'm hoping to catch pj in Nashville one of these days! :rock_on:

Last time they were here was back in 03. Were over due.
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 792
    Lots of PJ fans here. Saw my first show here 15 years ago and now I'm 30 and seen almost 30 shows since. Only 2 in Nashville!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    NeutralMilkHotelNeutralMilkHotel Chicago Posts: 97
    I was in Nashville last week, went to nearly every bar down (and along) Broadway, and was always the guy who would request PJ with a $20 ($20 requests are played immediately). Every time the band would play "Even Flow," and the people in the bar would turn and stare daggers into me. (Which is why I visited so many bars). A great city for Garth Brooks and Johnny Cash covers, but I too struggled to find a PJ fan..we should have hung out.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Murfreesboro, here.
  • Options
    manonkouchmanonkouch Posts: 56
    Work in Franklin (Cool Springs area) and live in Thompsons Station.
  • Options

I was in Nashville last week, went to nearly every bar down (and along) Broadway, and was always the guy who would request PJ with a $20 ($20 requests are played immediately). Every time the band would play "Even Flow," and the people in the bar would turn and stare daggers into me. (Which is why I visited so many bars). A great city for Garth Brooks and Johnny Cash covers, but I too struggled to find a PJ fan..we should have hung out.

Damn! I live not 2 minutes from Broadway. Hit me up next time your here.
  • Options

Im about 15 minutes from you.
  • Options
    I'm in Thompsons Station as well
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Post it, and they will come OP. Haha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    edited July 2015
    I was there last weekend too. There was a band playing at Tootsie's and guitarist had a stickman sticker on his guitar. I showed him my stickman tattoo and he played a 5 second riff to Jeremy.

The few times I requested PJ in bars they basically ignored me. Even for $20.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Give me the names of the bars that were playing rock.I love Nashville and hangin on Broadway and 2nd.Any recommendations for my next visit.
  • Options
    Live in Brentwood. Do about 5 shows a year, and our band covers pearl jam regularly in town..
    Therollingblackoutsmusic.com ...lots of pearl jam support in Nashville.
  • Options

Live in Brentwood. Do about 5 shows a year, and our band covers pearl jam regularly in town..
    Therollingblackoutsmusic.com ...lots of pearl jam support in Nashville.

Please let me know the next time you play. Id love to come out.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

I work in Cool Springs too and live in Franklin. Went to eat at Marco's pizza (across from Centennial High School on Mallory) with some guys at work last month and they had the PJ Sirius station on.
  • Options
    This makes me feel so much better.
  • Options
    dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    Yep... here !
  • Options
    Spotted a "Get Right" shirt at the MMJ show 2 weeks ago. Didn't get to say anything to the guy. Also, there is a guy in Cool Springs where I work also that has a stickman tattoo on his leg. Any of you??

How sweet would a show be at Ascend now? Only seats 6500 but would be 10x better than bridgestone.
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Maybe we will see them again here in music city very soon.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Nashville here. Travel frequently. Last year did Denver Memphis St. Louis and Cincy. Previous year did Phoenix OKC Dallas and Chicago. Before that it was Missoula and Atlanta. Was at Alpine Valley, Have been to Salt Lake City, Columbus, Indy Philadelphia, Tampa, West Palm all over and have only met one other Nashvillian in my journeys.
  • Options
    KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    Not from Nashvile. But have been a PJ fan since '92. Only have 16 shows under my belt. But Nashville from 2003 is the best! I have about 300 or so bootlegs. I have a few shows where I attended but would not buy the bootleg. I am sort of a bootleg collector and Nashville's in my top 5!Great show!
  • Options
    If you ever travel 24 W in the morning and their is a white Altima blasting PJ,that will be me.
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 275
    I have several good friends in Nashville who are diehard Pearl Jam fans. I, however, live about 15 minutes from Chattanooga, TN. There are ZERO Pearl Jam fans here. It is depressing at times to live in an area of the country that your favorite band hates.
  • Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    Met a Nashville PJ fan in the line at Memphis. Nashville is a great city, maybe my favourite. Would love to see PJ there one day.
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    I live in Franklin. Saw a PJ sticker on a car off Sidco last week and used to see one at the Franklin YMCA.
  • Options
    As I prepare to hit the road for Florida I just had to resurrect this thread and see if anyone else is headed down. Also have to say that Bonnaroo is NOT a Nashville date and PJ it's ridiculous that it's been 13 years since you've played here. We miss you. Come back!! #RiotJax
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    I am visiting Nashville before the Lexington show. Looking forward to it. Never been.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    We are flying into Nashville to see Mumford and sons, then driving 5 hours to Greenville the next day to see PJ! I'm so excited. I have always wanted to visit Nashville!!!
  • Options
    If you have the time and the transportation to seek out a good meal I highly recommend Tenn16 at 5 points in East Nashville. Southern with a Cajun flair and moderately priced. If you want to spot a celeb I say head over to Whole Foods and all the shops surrounding it in Green Hills. Make some time to flip through the crates at Grimey's, Groove, Fond Object, The Great Escape, McKay's and any number of thrift shops along both the east and west sides of town. If you want any other local advice feel free to message me or post here.