Options

Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    mcgruff10 said:

guys thanks for all the suggestions! definitely going to be ordering chicago 98, live tax 1/16 and 20 to start. anybody listen to the camden show from 01 (live trax vol 31)

If Chicago 98 is the same Chicago 98 I am thinking of, the version of The Last Stop is AMAZING!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    samjam said:

mcgruff10 said:

guys thanks for all the suggestions! definitely going to be ordering chicago 98, live tax 1/16 and 20 to start. anybody listen to the camden show from 01 (live trax vol 31)

If Chicago 98 is the same Chicago 98 I am thinking of, the version of The Last Stop is AMAZING!
    'tis.. and the #41 with Victor Wooten is amazing too.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    edited February 2016
    i'll put in a word for live trax 9...mostly cuz i was there :smiley:
    Post edited by norm on
  • Options
    F**kin great band, man.

I'm going to the Gorge again. And really looking forward to it.

Wish I could see PJ too.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    listening to live at piedmont and it sounds pretty damn good. good luck with tickets tomorrow. trying for holmdel nj. hopefully i get two seats.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    maryjayne127maryjayne127 Jacksonville, FL Posts: 55
    mcgruff10 said:

Live From Atlantic city is awesome as well.
  • Options
    Anyone going to West Palm? Those are my only DMB shows this year, when I lived in NJ I went all over the place. I miss that :(
  • Options
    cinci 2000 is another amazing show! awesome awesome version of bartender.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Come back to Vancouver!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

Come back to Vancouver!

They'll be a long time coming back to Vancouver. I was at that last show and as much as I liked it... it was a poor showing by the crowd for many reasons.

The Gorge. It's the place to be for these guys anyways.
  • Options
    Anniversary show in Charlottesville announcement! What a nice surprise. I'll be there (only an hour away for me).. Anyone else?
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,599
    Surprising that they are even acknowledging any type of anniversary.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,742
    kramer73 said:

Guess we should wait & see if Pearl Jam will follow their steps?

http://www.jambase.com/article/dave-matthews-band-announces-hometown-benefit-concert
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

Although the gorge is quite nice, there's something special about a JPJ and DMB show.
  • Options
    I guess the band isn't coming to my wedding.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Lucky girl!

I want to get married......
    Any takers?
    Lol

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

Lucky girl!

Any takers?
    Lol
    It's stressful! And I'm really only having a party with legal consequences.
  • Options

RobbyD462 said:

Lucky girl!

Any takers?
    Lol
    Congrats!!
    Sounds like we are all going to have a great summer!

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

RobbyD462 said:

Lucky girl!

Any takers?
    Lol
    Congrats!!
    Sounds like we are all going to have a great summer!
    Thank you! We will be hitting the DMB West Palm shows, we wanted to go to the gorge too but unexpected vet visits put a stop to that.
  • Options
    Anyone win Warehouse tix for JPJ? I got four but in the upper. I imagine demand was high. Looking at citi presale tomorrow as well.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I should really see this band live at some point in my life. I listened to Under the Table the other day for the first time in years and man, it's still incredible!
  • Options

I should really see this band live at some point in my life. I listened to Under the Table the other day for the first time in years and man, it's still incredible!

Don't. Because once you do you'll keep going back for more.

It's a lovely addiction.
  • Options

They are worth seeing. Super tight band. I've seen them probably 25 or 30x and while they are not nearly as good as PJ, they are very good live. It helps to know their catalog though.
  • Options
    does tim reynolds now play at every show? it's very weird hearing an electric guitar on jimi thing lol.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

does tim reynolds now play at every show? it's very weird hearing an electric guitar on jimi thing lol.

Yeah he does. Been that way for several tours now. I really like Tim on the solo tours with Dave, but not a huge fan of the full band. His sound is too 'rock and roll' for them, if that makes sense. For several years they had Butch Taylor on the piano, which I thought was an awesome compliment to the band. He blended in perfectly. Tim seems out of place to me.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yeah he does. Been that way for several tours now. I really like Tim on the solo tours with Dave, but not a huge fan of the full band. His sound is too 'rock and roll' for them, if that makes sense. For several years they had Butch Taylor on the piano, which I thought was an awesome compliment to the band. He blended in perfectly. Tim seems out of place to me.
    I could only agree with you more if you said Tim was odd as fuck or needs to sit in a car seat on his tour bus. Great band to see though, I'll hit my 65th show this summer.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I could only agree with you more if you said Tim was odd as fuck or needs to sit in a car seat on his tour bus. Great band to see though, I'll hit my 65th show this summer.
    Whooo.. and I thought I was down on TR! Funny stuff! I don't know how many shows I've been to, but I'm fairly sure I've made every tour at least once since 95. I live in Richmond, so easy around here. Going to the 25th too, along with the VA Beach.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Whooo.. and I thought I was down on TR! Funny stuff! I don't know how many shows I've been to, but I'm fairly sure I've made every tour at least once since 95. I live in Richmond, so easy around here. Going to the 25th too, along with the VA Beach.
    I can't stand him! I feel like he's taken so much away from the core sound of the band. I could go on about it! I won't be at the 25th, I'm getting married that day so I kinda have to be there. I have to give a lot of credit to the band, if it weren't for DMB I never would have met my fiancé. And TR was one of my favorite munchkins in Th Wizard of Oz.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I can't stand him! I feel like he's taken so much away from the core sound of the band. I could go on about it! I won't be at the 25th, I'm getting married that day so I kinda have to be there. I have to give a lot of credit to the band, if it weren't for DMB I never would have met my fiancé. And TR was one of my favorite munchkins in Th Wizard of Oz.
    Wow! Getting married soon. Congrats and best of luck to both of you!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Wow! Getting married soon. Congrats and best of luck to both of you!
    Thanks! Pre celebration is at the PJ show here in Jax next month, then DMB in July for the continuation of the party!