Options

New to Ten Club :)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Irish_AenimaIrish_Aenima Memphis, TN Posts: 122
    hedonist said:

Welcome to this sometime magical land!

Going by your username, guessing you're a Tool fan as well?

:) It is few and far between when people catch the reference.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

hedonist said:

Did you guys catch mine?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

hedonist said:

Did you guys catch mine?
    Yassss! :rock_on:
  • Options
    Welcome! And hope you get to see them live real soon-it's an experience you will never forget! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

As we listen to Eulogy, extra cheers :)

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,741
    Welcome! :)
  • Options
    yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    Welcome bro! Not having seen the boys live is unacceptable by the way. You must experience it Asap-
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Greetings from Nashville. Welcome aboard!!
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    Hi.
  • Options
    yellowboy said:

Welcome bro! Not having seen the boys live is unacceptable by the way. You must experience it Asap-

I know..I hate it haha. The first time they came around to Memphis (2000) I was 10 and the second time (2014) I was strapped for cash and couldn't convince my wife to go with me haha.

Would definitely travel to see them but go on my own would suck...only PJ fan in my nest of friends haha.
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post:

After you join the 10c Analog, when do you receive the single and magazine? No rush just curious.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Welcome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ, Tool, and NIN...smart kid.

Welcome!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,881

yellowboy said:

I know..I hate it haha. The first time they came around to Memphis (2000) I was 10 and the second time (2014) I was strapped for cash and couldn't convince my wife to go with me haha.

Would definitely travel to see them but go on my own would suck...only PJ fan in my nest of friends haha.
    I tell you what, I've been to quite a few shows alone and it's great!! Not everyone can handle the 3+ hour shows the boys put on plus the time you spend before the show. Flying solo is fun, meet cool people and all you have to worry about is yourself once the lights go down. It's a beautiful thing… The moment is all yours from there on out….
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    edited March 2016
    Welcome. What's the irish link?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Completely agree with Attaway's post about going to shows by yourself. Don't let going solo be a hindrance to going to a show.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    welcome! NIN cannot touch Pearl Jam live, so if you have seen Trent rock it out with flood, imagine a band that kicks their ass to the curb by accidental sheer power, then realizes, hey we're not pricks, and then helps Trent back up and sings a song with him, then you have Pearl Jam. Having seen NIN in two different decades, I can say with confidence, as awesome as they really are, you would be an immediate believer after you see PJ once. Hope you join the seen em live club soon!
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Welcome.
    SD48277 said:

Completely agree with Attaway's post about going to shows by yourself. Don't let going solo be a hindrance to going to a show.

Agree. I went solo to PJ in '09. People said, "You're going alone to a show?" I replied, "No, I'm going with 12,000 of my friends."

• Options
    yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    Never been to a show alone but I actually considering going to Lexington alone this year. .. It's getting harder and harder to find folks that will go all over to see a concert. LOL I don't get it. I guess it's not their fault. I need a Pearl Jam woman! If my ex had been a Pearl Jam woman maybe she wouldn't be my ex. LOL
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455

Sorry for the double post:

After you join the 10c Analog, when do you receive the single and magazine? No rush just curious.

I have been in the 10 club for many years and still dont know the answer to that question.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Welcome!
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    RKCNDY said:

PJ, Tool, and NIN...smart kid.

I was thinking the same thing, Rick Cindy!

I sometimes forget there are younger people still into good music.
  • Options
    maryjayne127maryjayne127 Jacksonville, FL Posts: 55
    yellowboy said:

Never been to a show alone but I actually considering going to Lexington alone this year. .. It's getting harder and harder to find folks that will go all over to see a concert. LOL I don't get it. I guess it's not their fault. I need a Pearl Jam woman! If my ex had been a Pearl Jam woman maybe she wouldn't be my ex. LOL

I totally agree with this! If my fiancé didn't like great music and dogs, there's no way he'd have me!
  • Options
    yellowboy said:

I agree, some of my friends are such rut turds and couldn't imagine traveling to see a show. Even though we've all been listening to them since '91. Guess marriage and kids does that to some people.

But it is most definitely their fault and their loss.

Luckily I have wife that was willing to go to a show with me back when, and now she is a convert. And is good for at least a show or two.

As for the OP, WELCOME! I too, was a long time fan but slow to join 10C.
  • Options
    Ironically enough, I spoke with my wife about "eventually" seeing a show (trying to be tactful) and she surprisingly said "Oh I would definitely go to a PJ show.."

WTF! YOU WAIT THIS LONG TO TELL ME THAT!? Haha. I guess I never even though to ask her based on her "not seeming" interested. Assumption fail.

Again, I'm very stoked to finally be a part of this and I wish I would've joined years back when I was 15 but better now than never.

Thank you guys for the awesome proper welcome! You guys rock!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,919
    Welcome from Atlanta!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Ironically enough, I spoke with my wife about "eventually" seeing a show (trying to be tactful) and she surprisingly said "Oh I would definitely go to a PJ show.."

WTF! YOU WAIT THIS LONG TO TELL ME THAT!? Haha. I guess I never even though to ask her based on her "not seeming" interested. Assumption fail.

Again, I'm very stoked to finally be a part of this and I wish I would've joined years back when I was 15 but better now than never.

Thank you guys for the awesome proper welcome! You guys rock!

Pssstttt Bonnaroo.... :smiley:

I go to shows solo almost exclusively now, but most of the time I will see people I know and often I make more new connections. It's awesome! I used to try to drag my friends with me, and honestly it's miserable being there with someone who's not as into it as me. Plus I am able to connect with like-minded people better when I'm solo. It was so liberating to discover that I could go to shows solo and have a blast.