Is the USA a nation of bigots and/or racists and/or idiots and hypocrites?

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited March 2016
    jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

1. Blaming a specific group of people for society's problems.
    2. Appeal to a certain education level
    3. Scare Propaganda

I agree that Trump smacks of fascism and is a dangerous option for the USA.
    I'm not sure how anyone can begin to fathom what kind of president trump would be? How can do we know?
    Was Obama the president we thought he would be?
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2016
    jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

3. Scare Propaganda

I agree that Trump smacks of fascism and is a dangerous option for the USA. No doubt. But these tactics are used by lots of groups. #blacklivesmatter
    Black Lives Matter group isn't blaming all of Societies problems on minorities, they appeal to all levels of education and scare propaganda?? Did I miss some scary propaganda from them?..

They have a specific entity to blame, Police Departments that don't represent the community and use that community as a source of income..
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

3. Scare Propaganda

I'm not sure how anyone can begin to fathom what kind of president trump would be? How can do we know?
    One can fathom what kind of president Trump would be by the things he says and does.

How can we know? We can't "know" for sure what the future holds. We have a pretty good idea what the weather will do today and tomorrow, but we can't know with certainty (at least not here in my state). We can postulate, surmise, draw conclusions based on empirical data.

Was Obama the president we thought he would be? I think he pretty much was. Not too many surprises to me. What surprised you about his presidency? He did what he could. He didn't kick ass, but didn't cower. He made some changes. He left some things status quo. He did what I thought a reasonable and intelligent person could do in his position. Did I like everything he did? No, but that isn't surprising. Do I think he could have done more? Yes, but that isn't surprising.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited March 2016
    myoung321 said:

jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

3. Scare Propaganda

I agree that Trump smacks of fascism and is a dangerous option for the USA. No doubt. But these tactics are used by lots of groups. #blacklivesmatter
    Black Lives Matter group isn't blaming all of Societies problems on minorities, they appeal to all levels of education and scare propaganda?? Did I miss some scary propaganda from them?..

They have a specific entity to blame, Police Departments that don't represent the community and use that community as a source of income..
    Of course BLM isn't blaming problems on minorities. But that isn't your point #1. Your point #1 says "blaming a specific group of people". That specific group of people in BLMs case isn't lawless members of their society. It is white cops.

BLM appeals to the lowest common denominator. They often have unintelligible messages (much like the occupy "spokespeople"). They appeal to the man on the street.

The scary propaganda? That white cops are only interested in killing them. That white cops are the biggest threat to their safety.

You can paint your narrative any way you want, but I'm just pointing out that your list describes more than just a Donald Trump style fascism.
    Post edited by jeffbr on
    jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

3. Scare Propaganda

One can fathom what kind of president Trump would be by the things he says and does.

How can we know? We can't "know" for sure what the future holds. We have a pretty good idea what the weather will do today and tomorrow, but we can't know with certainty (at least not here in my state). We can postulate, surmise, draw conclusions based on empirical data.

Was Obama the president we thought he would be? I think he pretty much was. Not too many surprises to me. What surprised you about his presidency? He did what he could. He didn't kick ass, but didn't cower. He made some changes. He left some things status quo. He did what I thought a reasonable and intelligent person could do in his position. Did I like everything he did? No, but that isn't surprising. Do I think he could have done more? Yes, but that isn't surprising.
    I'm saying this... I can find twice (maybe 3 times) as many things that the last 3 presidents said they would do and didn't then you can find things they said they would do and did.
    JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

3. Scare Propaganda

Considering the fact that we were fighting 2 wars, our financial system was collapsing, unemployment in double digits, gasoline at $5 a gallon AND the obstructionist policies of the GOP since day one of his presidency.. YES,, he's done better a better job than I expected.

A LONG List Of President Obama’s Accomplishments (With Citations)

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

3. Scare Propaganda

I'm saying this... I can find twice (maybe 3 times) as many things that the last 3 presidents said they would do and didn't then you can find things they said they would do and did.
    Ah, gotcha. I 100% agree with this. Donald Trump would definitely not be able to do a fraction of the things he claims he will do (like have Mexico pay for a wall). Neither would Bernie, Hillary, Cruz or Rubio. I guess I just think of this point as a given, or a constant. So given that, even if Trump only accomplished 1/2 or 1/3 of the crazy things he says, that's too many for me.
    jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

myoung321 said:

3. Scare Propaganda

Ah, gotcha. I 100% agree with this. Donald Trump would definitely not be able to do a fraction of the things he claims he will do (like have Mexico pay for a wall). Neither would Bernie, Hillary, Cruz or Rubio. I guess I just think of this point as a given, or a constant. So given that, even if Trump only accomplished 1/2 or 1/3 of the crazy things he says, that's too many for me.
    BOOM goes the dynamite!
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    It all depends on region. For every average land of Texas, there's always an oasis for those left of Hitler like Austin.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    One of the analysts discussing yesterday's results pointed out that young people have grown up in times when capitalism hasn't worked for them. They want something that works and I guess they are willing to experiment. It's something to consider. The people who have been in the government also failed to understand that decisions have consequences and they are reaping what they've sown.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I met a man in India in a Facebook group the other day (a non PJ group) and he asked me to explain "Bernie and Trump." He said Bernie seemed like the most logical candidate, that he wanted to give the most to people. And that Trump was scary to him because he was clearly a racist.

I thought it was interesting to hear the perspective from someone not in this country (his sister goes to school in the U.S. and he reads the Wall St. Journal).

I did say to him, like a previous poster pointed out, there's no way Bernie (or most of them) could get these promises through - free college education, Mexico building a wall, etc.

NY Times Portrays Islam More Negatively Than Cancer, Major Study Finds
    Overwhelming proof points to an institutional bigotry.

http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/ny-times-portrays-islam-more-negatively-cancer-major-study-finds
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    it's not an american problem. it's a human problem. trust me, if some racist asshole came out in Winnipeg proclaiming to get rid of all the aboriginals in the city, I'm sure the racist supporters would come out in droves.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Enkidu said:

I met a man in India in a Facebook group the other day (a non PJ group) and he asked me to explain "Bernie and Trump." He said Bernie seemed like the most logical candidate, that he wanted to give the most to people. And that Trump was scary to him because he was clearly a racist.

I thought it was interesting to hear the perspective from someone not in this country (his sister goes to school in the U.S. and he reads the Wall St. Journal).

I did say to him, like a previous poster pointed out, there's no way Bernie (or most of them) could get these promises through - free college education, Mexico building a wall, etc.

Why is free education such a fantasy? Why can most industrialized countries do it and we can't? $40k to 80k for one year of college is insane.

Why are we falling behind the rest of the world in so many categories? EDUCATION... not immigrants, not ISIS, not the lack of a wall.. More EDUCTION would improve this country more than any other single issue.

Costs - note JUST 1
    1 Virginia Class Submarine - 109,596 - 4 year college educations
    1 Stealth Bomber = 48,137 - 4 year college educations
    1 F22 Raptor = 7148 - 4 year college educations
    1 Abrams Tank = 296 - 4 year college educations

etc etc....

Funny how history repeats itself....This is the same argument made by conservatives over public education to grade 12, as we know it today. As usual, Conservatives always look foolish in history.

So who will Drumpf's running VP mate be?

It all depends on region. For every average land of Texas, there's always an oasis for those left of Hitler like Austin.

Yet the gerrymandering voting districts pretty much silences those voices of reason in Texas.

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    rgambs said:

Yes lol
    It's also full of wonderful, educated, open minded and caring people.

this here

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I have no idea. But I will leave this here.

Watch: Donald Trump supporters push and shove a black protester out of a Trump rally

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/2/11146110/donald-trump-rally-push-shove?utm_campaign=voxdotcom&utm_medium=social&utm_content=wednesday&utm_source=facebook
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Trumps message is racist at its chore !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    There's a ton of racists on both sides. Disgusting. DontVote16!!
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited March 2016
    Enkidu said:

So you take an objective viewpoint of someone who lives in another country which is quite possibly the most human perspective of the entire election.

That guy is absolutely correct. And perhaps we as a people are too immersed in the details to see the big picture like someone from another country.

What Bernie and Drumpf are saying are not promises, they are ideas and there is a huge difference between the two. The US government is run by the "system", which is Congress and corporations. No president elected will ever get all of the things that they say they want to do done because of the system. That's who's really in charge.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

Enkidu said:

So you take an objective viewpoint of someone who lives in another country which is quite possibly the most human perspective of the entire election.

And then you trample it, with your own opinion.
    What are you talking about? "Trample it?" He asked my opinion. He's giving me his opinion. We're talking back and forth and it's been a great conversation, no trampling is involved. Yes, I think free education would be fantastic, but could it happen?
    Sorry there I went back and edit it because I realize that what I said was not be coming.
    Enkidu said:

Free said:

Enkidu said:

And then you trample it, with your own opinion.
    What are you talking about? "Trample it?" He asked my opinion. He's giving me his opinion. We're talking back and forth and it's been a great conversation, no trampling is involved. Yes, I think free education would be fantastic, but could it happen?
    Absolutely! Go watch the film "who to invade next?" Germany has free tuition. If European countries can make it happen then so can we.
    The world and this country is full of possibilities. I feel it's really sad when the majority of the population don't see possibility and Just see impossibilities. everything Bernie says can absolutely happen. Sure there's proper planning involved and many of the things we talked about will take several years. But when we put our minds to it anything can happen.
    Is USA a nation of bigots racists and idiots? No, but those people sure are the loudest. ( not meant for anybody to take personally ...)
    I wish we could have free tuition - I wish I weren't so cynical and this guy in India is just asking what I think. He says he has a FB friend in TX who thinks Trump/Drumpf is going to save the US and "make it a better place to live."

I didn't mean to go all negative - I'm really interested in what people in other countries think about what's going on here in the US.
    Enkidu said:

I wish we could have free tuition - I wish I weren't so cynical and this guy in India is just asking what I think. He says he has a FB friend in TX who thinks Trump/Drumpf is going to save the US and "make it a better place to live."

I didn't mean to go all negative - I'm really interested in what people in other countries think about what's going on here in the US.

Me too! :) seriously, go check out that movie, it's a real eye-opener.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    No country is perfect. India has its own problems such as a harsh class system and being 50 years behind the US in how most women are treated. India did not even gurantee all of its people free education to what we call middle school until 2009. If you were a lower class you didn't even get that. My point being why it wasn't racism it was classism. Every country has idiots.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

What's the explanation for the sampling of black voters voting Hillary against their own interests?

How do you figure it is against their own interests? They heavily supported Obama, and Hillary will be the candidate who will be most closely aligned with Obama and his policies.
    Hillary is getting more of the black vote in some states then Obama did.
    That's twice they voted against their own self interests.
    The false notion that Obama was "bad for black people" still continues, huh?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Free said:

Sorry there I went back and edit it because I realize that what I said was not be coming.

No. You wont start this bullshit again. Fucking own what you say or dont post.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14