Options

Suggestions of where to stay for MSG?

13»

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

My mom decided to give me money for a hotel for my birthday (was just going to catch the early train back to baltimore) so I immediately logged into booking.com and found a double bed room (my brother is going with me) for $169 at the Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea. So I grabbed that right up. Not bad being like 2 blocks from MSG.

Just to warn you, I think a double bed room in Manhattan may just be one double bed, not two. You should double check to confirm. I guess sharing a bed with your brother probably isn't the end of the world but I wanted to mention

Your mom is awesome!
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    AirBNB listings have been updating/changing on a daily basis. Managed to grab a 1 bedroom apartment for $80/night a few blocks away from MSG from someone with good reviews.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

My mom decided to give me money for a hotel for my birthday (was just going to catch the early train back to baltimore) so I immediately logged into booking.com and found a double bed room (my brother is going with me) for $169 at the Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea. So I grabbed that right up. Not bad being like 2 blocks from MSG.

Just to warn you, I think a double bed room in Manhattan may just be one double bed, not two. You should double check to confirm. I guess sharing a bed with your brother probably isn't the end of the world but I wanted to mention

Your mom is awesome!
    Yea she is, and the description is "Double Room with Two Double Beds" and the photos show two beds too…so I think we are golden. But thanks for the heads up.
    1st show College Park MD 1992-Latest show Fenway Night 1 2018, Plus Ed NYC Night 1 2022
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    In case this helps anyone, I came across a "Genius" deal on Booking.com for Hotel Martha Washington on East 29th Street. $387 before tax for May 1-3 for Queen room, $334 before tax for Twin room. The price is for 2 nights.

The hotel is ~10-minute walk from MSG, in a great area and it's a nice boutique hotel, not the dump that is Hotel Pennsylvania. It's on 29th street between Madison & Park, so it's near a few subway lines. It's also near Madison Square Park/Flatiron Building and tons of restaurants/bars. The restaurant in the hotel, Marta, is a Danny Meyer restaurant and has gotten rave reviews from the day it opened.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/martha-washington-new-york.html?label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmcgV1c19ueYgBAZgBMbgBBsgBD9gBA-gBAfgBAqgCAw;sid=e617c31cdd45e52d291bf37eb30a7590;dcid=12;checkin=2016-05-01;checkout=2016-05-03;dist=0;group_adults=2;room1=A,A;sb_price_type=total;srfid=902998c468fe97131f9194415c013c6d8934c940X6;type=total;ucfs=1&
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    I booked today at the Belvedere Hotel and paid 223 after taxes for the night
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Posted in another thread:
    Sarava said:

If anyone's still looking, there are some major deals going on for NYC (or everywhere, not sure?). It might be a leapyear day thing, not sure.

I was booked at nyma, but just cancelled it and am switching to the Wyndham New Yorker. We are booked from Friday night through Monday night. Base price was $171 per, but there's a 15% off travelocity code (JANHOTEL15US) that works. In the end, after taxes and resort fees, the 4 nights come to a hair under $200 per night. It's not a 5 star place, but it's a block form MSG and the price is right for Manhattan.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249433/new-york-group-hotel-rate#latest
  • Options
    More info on the offer posted above. Go to www.goseek.com and search for Manhattan hotels. If you click on best rate for the Wyndham, it should give you that same discount code and take you to Travelocity.com. Couple of hours more on this offer, anyone without a hotel still looking should jump on this. I hear the Wyndham is way nicer than Hotel Pennsylvania.

If you're set on cheapest/closest, there's a good rate for Hotel Pennsylvania on Booking.com right now too. Must be some Leap Day sale thing going on!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I just stayed at the Hotel Penn as a last minute booking for the Sabbath show and while not pretty it was clean and no bed bugs. Not my first choice but I would stay there again.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.