25 Years of Tomorrow Kickstarter Campaign has been funded! :) Lots of signed Ed & Pearl Jam goodies!

Comments

• DennisDennis Posts: 27

Looks great! Is that the wall or a matte?

The Wall. It´s just glas.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Make That Thing! @ThingMake - Your @tomtomorrow book may be in here, @kiphampton : Today's outgoing batch

Kickstarter
    IT'S SHIPPING TIME!!

It's true, books are shipping! Some of you may see tweets and other social media posts from backers who already have their books, and wonder where yours are -- this is entirely understandable! All I can say is, please be patient -- if we could wave a magic wand and ship all the books simultaneously, we would certainly do that, but we are mortal beings, constrained by the laws of space and time and the USPS. The last I heard, the hardworking crew at MTT are getting something like 350 books a day shipped, which is pretty extraordinary considering that each order has to be carefully packed and have the appropriate rewards included. But since there are 3000 books to ship, it will take a little while to get everyone's order out the door.

You will receive an email from whatsup when your order ships (and some backers report that they go to their spam folder, so you might want to check there, too). Not all labels have been printed yet, so if you haven't gotten an email, it just means your special copy of TMW25 is just still waiting to be packaged and addressed.

Those of you who ordered through Backerkit will get apparently get a notice that says "Ready to Ship." According to Sara at MTT, "It will show that even if the order has shipped, because we don't buy our postage through Backerkit, so it doesn't know when we've shipped."

Also please note that I myself am not directly involved in the distribution process. I encourage you to hold off on general "WHERE IS MY BOOK" type questions, because every such question takes the MTT crew time that could otherwise be spent physically shipping books. But if you do have questions that require immediate attention, please direct them to sara. She will have the answers I lack.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. It's all coming soon, including the long-awaited tattoo reveal (in a photo taken in a replica Captain Kirk chair in Adam Savage's San Francisco studio, no less).

Dan
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Mine just arrived at the office. Holy smokes, it's HEAVY! Saving it for later to open it as a treat :)
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    More pics! More pics! Lets see em.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Waiting for my frame from framemyrecord. I don't know if any of you who got the signed Backspacer are doing this, but you might want to print out the purchase email and store it in the sleeve or in back of the frame. Provenance is important in case you are ever forced to sell it. Mine will be hanging on my wall for many, many years.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

More pics! More pics! Lets see em.

Mine is at the framers still, should get it this week.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    So happy these heavy books were not shipped out via UPS & that no customs / duty fees were given. :)
  • cockagecockage Posts: 454
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Can't help but laugh a little when I see cockage post.

Every time
    edited March 2016
    Here's mine, hopefully I uploaded the picture correctly:

postimg.org/image/4onup4cft/
    Looks amazing. Cool frame
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    That looks great scurtis... Congrats.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

RS151862 said:

That looks great scurtis... Congrats.

Thanks!

Looks amazing. Cool frame

Thanks a lot.
    scurtis said:

Sweet!!!

Our club is way more exclusive (and way more badass) than those Benny owners-list bastards. :lol::grin:
    edited March 2016
    Quick shipping update
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow (Creator)

Books are still shipping. Make That Thing says they will have all books shipped out by the end of this week. It's a complicated process -- there were 3000 books to ship, give or take, and each one has to get the right set of rewards and so on.

I will send out an update when the very last book has shipped. If you have not received a shipping notice at that point, please contact sara. But take pity on her -- please wait until you receive the "all clear" from me. If you haven't gotten a notice yet, you should assume that your book will be going out this week.

If you *have* received your book and there's any problem with shipping damage or anything else (one backer received two volume twos!), please contact Sara directly.

Thanks!
    demetrios said:

scurtis said:

Sweet!!!

Thanks for embedded the picture in the thread, I couldn't figure that out.

Only regret, that I didn't spend the extra on the non-reflective acrylic.

Our club is way more exclusive (and way more badass) than those Benny owners-list bastards. :lol::grin:

agreed. :)

How many signed ones went out again? 50?
    30-40 i think. Ten of them came with the white vinyl
    There were 40 black & 2 white vinyl copies signed.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    demetrios said:

scurtis said:

Sweet!!!

:flushed::clap:
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    Procrastinating over getting these beauties framed...image
    Man u spent some cash!!

Procrastinating over getting these beauties framed...image

Those two are beautiful! :)

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im getting mine done for Father's Day
    https://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=TMW-TMW25&Category_Code=WELCOME

Twenty-Five Years of Tomorrow
    $70.00 +Shipping

Last summer, Make That Thing! worked with Tom Tomorrow to Kickstarter his dream project — a two volume, thousand-page career compilation spanning 25 years. The project was backed by more than 3,000 people, and now that they’ve all received their books, we have a limited quantity of stock remaining that we’re making available here. The books contain every cartoon Tom has written and drawn, from his early experiments mixing collage and cartooning through Fall of 2015 (at which point we had to send the files to the printer!) There are interviews, rare illustrations, photos, and a section reprinting Tom’s classic children’s book, The Very Silly Mayor! If you missed the Kickstarter campaign, here’s your second chance to get a copy of this massive, 15-pound tribute to an extraordinary career.
    Any more framed items??? Lets see em!