Options

Do You Still Use Effects Pedals?

There seems to be a steep decline in the effects pedal market locally. The guitar shops and classifieds used to be chock-full of pedals for sale or trade but now it's slim pickings in the display cases.

Did the bubble burst everywhere? For those of you who own pedals, are you still using them?
If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV

Comments

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I use a dunlop original cry baby and an electroharmonix soul food pedal.

Gets me a pretty good tone and doesn't cost much at all.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    When I used to play, I always used them (almost to a fault). I love having the stomp box over a rack mounter unit or a midi pedal. Whenever I play electric (every blue moon---okay, it's been well over 6 months) I plug a few in.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I think it's a mix of more people moving to the big multi fx boxes and amp modelers and (mostly) internet sales.

There are still new builders popping up all the time and staking their claims and the established guys are churning out new stuff all the time. I, for one am enjoying the bubble.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    I accumulated a bunch of high end, vintage and boutique effects over the years and I started going through my collection yesterday.

Things I learned:

There are some really cool things that can be done envelope filters and phasers.

Combining effects can open up a whole new world of experimentation.

The best distortion tones and textures still come from the amp.

I also learned that I have too much gear and some of these pedals have to go.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I always bring a delay & overdrive pedal to each show....but I only use them for a few songs.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    I use a mix of built in effects and stomp boxes, I find stacked overdrive better than built in overdrives
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012