Pearl Jam in the UK - PLEASE NO FESTIVALS

OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
A note to the band...

If you're thinking of coming over to play in the UK...please don't play any festivals.

Here's why:

Glastonbury - Not many people there would have a clue who you are, first and foremost. Secondly, the tickets are long sold out and us 10C members wouldn't get a sniff of a ticket thanks to that.

Reading/Leeds - It's not the same festival as it was in 2006 when you last played there (which was one of the best shows I've ever seen by the way). It's moved a lot closer to the mainstream and you would not be known to many people there at all.

British Summer Time - As I'm sure you found out with Hyde Park in 2010, the London festivals are too quiet. The sound levels were too low for you and even worse for Soundgarden in 2012. It's not even worth considering playing there.

Download Festival - Fortunately this festival has already booked their headliners. You wouldn't really fit in. It's a heavy metal festival predominantly for people who like leather and denim. I've been twice and enjoyed myself, however. It would be the best fit for a festival appearance over here for you.

Festivals are too expensive, have too eclectic an audience and the sets aren't long enough. If you're going to make the effort to come back to Europe, then please do what you did last time.

The First Direct Arena in Leeds was a fantastic night and the venue is excellent. I'd never been there before and would love to see you play there again.

I also had a fantastic time at Milton Keynes Bowl, which was a well attended gig. Doing that again would be much better than playing a restrictive festival.

Comments